Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:44 AM

785 posts, read 957,974 times

Advertisements

Because it forces a man to expose vulnerability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 10:46 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,718,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Because it forces a man to expose vulnerability.
Thank you for answering. What makes that bad to do with a woman though?

Old 08-04-2014, 10:47 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,486,977 times
Most men feel they are already showing it, making it verbal isn't needed. Asking to tell a man how they feel is like asking a lady to repeat herself over and over.

Blame the way we think if anything...it's one of those disconnects between then genders.
A women will say "but you never told me how you felt! And a man will answer "I wouldn't be here if I felt any other way"

Men generally learn to communicate a little better as the get older. They pick up on the fact he opposite gender needs to be told as well as acted

It's not just one "issue" leading to it being difficult for some men, it's the way we are wired to think that makes it "a chore"

Old 08-04-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Most men feel they are already showing it, making it verbal isn't needed. Asking to tell a man how they feel is like asking a lady to repeat herself over and over.

Blame the way we think if anything...it's one of those disconnects between then genders.
A women will say "but you never told me how you felt! And a man will answer "I wouldn't be here if I felt any other way"
Ohmygod that is so true!!!!

Old 08-04-2014, 11:03 AM

785 posts, read 957,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Thank you for answering. What makes that bad to do with a woman though?
There's nothing wrong with it, but you are forcing a man to expose their weaknesses to you or their true feelings. Some that they may be surprised themselves.

I'm not afraid to be vulnerable in front of certain women. I've cried in front of women but very rarely.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:09 AM

51 posts, read 53,209 times
Men are conditioned to not show signs of weakness, as a previous poster pointed out. Any time a man shows vulnerability and the slightest sign of weakness his woman will resent him for it. You may think you want your man to open up and seem human to you, but if it becomes the norm you will quickly lose your feelings for him and ditch him.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:12 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,127,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogsy View Post
Men are conditioned to not show signs of weakness, as a previous poster pointed out. Any time a man shows vulnerability and the slightest sign of weakness his woman will resent him for it. You may think you want your man to open up and seem human to you, but if it becomes the norm you will quickly lose your feelings for him and ditch him.

Well, the only time I've had relationships end badly is because of the opposite. I stopped communicating about emotions and walled up. There is nothing that kills a relationship quicker than not being able to connect emotionally with your partner and to be able to communicate about it.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:19 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,023,145 times
As usual, timberline is talking about RL women, not fictional PUA ones .

Old 08-04-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogsy View Post
Well, I think it's okay to tell a woman, especially one you are with, that you love her and how you care for her.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:23 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,258,539 times
I express my feelings in words to the point without confusion, in my mind. But its impossible for me to control how others perceive it. There is some "complicated circuitry" inside a woman's brain which takes time to analyze .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships