Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:26 PM

5,139 posts, read 4,499,839 times

Advertisements

Spend a lot of time with her when you go back at Christmastime, to see if there's a connection. If there is, take it from there. She's not to blame for what her father does.

Be very truthful with her about how her life would change when she gets to the US, i.e., no servants, caring for a small child, etc. The lack of help is a big adjustment for wealthy people from other countries who move here, and don't know how to cook, do basic chores, and are not used to being alone all day. You should invite her to visit you here so that she can see for herself how her life would be.

If she thinks she can handle the changes, I see no reason for you not to pursue her if you both truly care for one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 07:47 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,012,342 times
Yes, I definitely think you should get involved in international moneylaundering just because you don't want to date women who are single parents like yourself.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:58 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesOCguy View Post
If you have read some of my relationship posts lately, I am a single dad at 38 and having trouble meeting women as I am so busy with my toddler and my 1-month online experiment so far gives me little hope.
The best way for a dad with a toddler to meet single women is to be out and about with the toddler. I'd think it would be difficult not to meet single women, if you have a toddler in tow. Dads with a little kid tend to be babe magnets. Haven't you noticed this yourself?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:48 PM

814 posts, read 762,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The best way for a dad with a toddler to meet single women is to be out and about with the toddler. I'd think it would be difficult not to meet single women, if you have a toddler in tow. Dads with a little kid tend to be babe magnets. Haven't you noticed this yourself?
I can confirm this, though my son is now 10.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:14 PM

53 posts, read 68,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Yes, I definitely think you should get involved in international moneylaundering just because you don't want to date women who are single parents like yourself.
I said I would be OK with women with 1 child. I think two or more children is just too complicated. In fact I contacted many single mom online but most choose not to reply or they replied but only to fade away for no reason. No, I am not some socially awkward person. I am well liked in real life. I just haven't figured out how people behave in dating websites.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not yet I will pay more attention.
I take my daughter to many activities/places like swimming, gymborees, and children parks but most women there are married.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:31 PM

Good idea inviting her to take a vacation in the US for a month. She should have any problem getting a Visa. I just got her skype id. I will contact her soon. Of course just friends for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Spend a lot of time with her when you go back at Christmastime, to see if there's a connection. If there is, take it from there. She's not to blame for what her father does.

Be very truthful with her about how her life would change when she gets to the US, i.e., no servants, caring for a small child, etc. The lack of help is a big adjustment for wealthy people from other countries who move here, and don't know how to cook, do basic chores, and are not used to being alone all day. You should invite her to visit you here so that she can see for herself how her life would be.

If she thinks she can handle the changes, I see no reason for you not to pursue her if you both truly care for one another.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:05 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,397,165 times
Need to know her background first..you may be marrying a serial killer on the loose...

Old 08-09-2014, 02:46 PM

Our families know each other for over 30 years. Her dad was my dad's student.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
Need to know her background first..you may be marrying a serial killer on the loose...

Old 08-09-2014, 07:47 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,783,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesOCguy View Post
If you have read some of my relationship posts lately, I am a single dad at 38 and having trouble meeting women as I am so busy with my toddler and my 1-month online experiment so far gives me little hope.

My friends tried to set me up with other singles and divorcees but I am either not physically attracted to them or I prefer not to get into a relationship with women who have 2 or more children. I am OK with women with 1 child and draw the line at that. I believe it can gets too complicated. So far no luck.

I came to this country when I was 15. Naturally, my dad and relatives believe that I should marry a girl with no children from my old country and they already lined up a few for me. Some are as young as 21 and the oldest is 30. Most of them are poor or middle income but the 30 year old's family is rich, even by American standard. The 30 year old was very attractive when I met her 10 years ago when I was 28 and she was 20. My mom and her mom tried to set us up. Back then her family driver, took me and her to a national park and in the back seat, she put her right hand on my left thigh. I wasn't sure if it was an accident or intentional but since I had a girlfriend, my college sweetheart who is now my ex, I didn't make any advance and went back to the US and we haven't talked since. I am not sure how much she has changed in the 10 years. She is also divorced after a 4 year marriage, with no children, her rich husband is a gambler and a serial cheater. In my old country, there is a stigma against women who are divorced. She speaks English well and I think will adapt to this country very quickly. Her father was a student of my father. He is an official, probably very corrupt like most are in my old country, and he offered to give his daughter and me $500,000 cash if I marry her. I don't know for sure but I think this guy is probably planning to have his daughter here and then transfer his ill gotten gains over here for safe keeping. She is his only daughter.

I am attracted to her, the money is a plus but I am nervous because she is used to a high status lifestyle with multiple servants/butlers in the house doing everything for them. I don't know if she can live a middle class life or not. What do you think?
...And Indian guys wonder why American women often find them odd and unrelateable...

Last edited by zentropa; 08-09-2014 at 08:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships