Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 05:14 PM

52,385 posts, read 52,844,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Trivial?

What are you crazy? That would probably turn off at least 99% of people.
Yes, I'd agree, being grossly over-weight, working a dead end job and living at home are things that most people wouldn't be clamoring over....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 05:18 PM

226 posts, read 254,390 times
Do any of you guys reject a woman by what job she has? As long as she works is what concerns me. Even if it's just Ebay. Overweight women make up a great percentage of women 35+.....so you will be single for a long long time looking for a stick. In this economy, I wouldn't be so judgmental. A lot of six figure people are out on their ass at the present time.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:19 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,944,570 times
There are all kinds of things that can work against you. Why deny it. If you stink, most people will avoid you. However, a characteristic that might turn off one person, might interest another. What are you going to do, change who you are? Sure you can get better clothes, lose weight, get in shape and those things can help, but what really matters is what is on the inside. Sadly, many people seem to put that way down their priority list.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:19 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,545,927 times
a horny guy without a job will always tell you its not. mostly its not in his head its the lead in his butt.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Trivial?

What are you crazy? That would probably turn off at least 99% of people.
One of my friends who is 51 is dating an overweight woman who doesn't work of the same age right now. People call him crazy.....he's not crazy, she is the former Judge's daughter.......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

All will be well someday...........

Old 08-30-2014, 06:31 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,237,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
There are all kinds of things that can work against you. Why deny it. If you stink, most people will avoid you. However, a characteristic that might turn off one person, might interest another. What are you going to do, change who you are? Sure you can get better clothes, lose weight, get in shape and those things can help, but what really matters is what is on the inside. Sadly, many people seem to put that way down their priority list.
Shy guys tend to get overlooked unless they are physically attractive. Personally I would tell shy guys to try and overcome their personality trait by talking to a range of people of all ages and gender to get used to conversation. The more extroverted and confident a guy is should increase his chances. For me it's all about increasing your chances and opportunities.

That's just one situation I'm talking about. There are a lot of various 'disadvantages' a person can change or tweak. I think it's more wrong to tell a person that a someone will come along and accept them if they have undesirable qualities that can easily be changed.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2D2 View Post
Do any of you guys reject a woman by what job she has? As long as she works is what concerns me. Even if it's just Ebay. Overweight women make up a great percentage of women 35+.....so you will be single for a long long time looking for a stick.
Most men will reject a woman over looks/lack of physical attraction. Some will value what a woman does for a living like career-minded professionals and I don't blame them.

Women care more about a man's job than the other way around. And no, this is not a dig to make women seem more superficial since I stated men care more about visual appearance.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Most men will reject a woman over looks/lack of physical attraction. Some will value what a woman does for a living like career-minded professionals and I don't blame them.

Women care more about a man's job than the other way around. And no, this is not a dig to make women seem more superficial since I stated men care more about visual appearance.
I'd never put all my eggs in one basket. It could all be gone tomorrow....looks, job, money...

It's more about the person inside. Do you think retired people care that much about what they used to do? Not really, some dudes are hung up on silly things.

I bet they post on here why they can't find anybody.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:15 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,222,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post

From what I've observed, women care just as much about looks as men do, if not more so. Sure, they may care about the guy's career too, but looks come first and foremost.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
From what I've observed, women care just as much about looks as men do, if not more so. Sure, they may care about the guy's career too, but looks come first and foremost.
If you count other factors relating to looks, women do care more. By other factors I'm talking women being pickier on the following:

1) height
2) a man's fashion sense
3) dating outside of their race
4) the hotter a guy, the more likely a night stand increases

Men are more flexible on all those I mentioned above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships