Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 01:23 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
In my area, there's a very small amount of black women. I'd say for every 50 white women, there's maybe 2-3 black women. Very true that most black women don't do online dating. Way more black men dabble in online dating.
I guess it depends on where you are. I live in a diverse area so there's no shortage of black people on dating sites. Not that I browse women's profiles, but I know I can't be the only black woman on there. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 01:42 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I guess it depends on where you are. I live in a diverse area so there's no shortage of black people on dating sites. Not that I browse women's profiles, but I know I can't be the only black woman on there. lol

What's funny about the profiles of black women is probably 2/3 have on their profile that they do date white guys. It seems most of them are also open to dating outside their race as well.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:09 PM

105 posts, read 83,345 times
I actually prefer the fit, good looking, successful guys online (and off for that matter) however, in my experience the ones I encounter online (and off for that matter lol) are usually self-absorbed or players. Sometimes this is evident in their post, at least for me. Of course, I'm not saying this is the case with all men who have these qualities but for me I have seen it more often than not.

One guy may think another guy is cool but they may not necessarily see him in the same light as would a woman.

For the sake of clarity, I have to include myself in the attractive set. I think guys sometimes think the same about attractive women online.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:56 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
But statistically, it's well known that there are hugely more single black women than single black men. In this day & age there's no reason to tell people that they can't date someone of another race, but at the same time, being in a minority group certainly gives people something in common. But then maybe the issue is that black women aren't as likely to be doing online dating as black men are?

Besides, it's not as if the white guys are saying the women are rushing into their arms, either.
In the white guys case many are aiming for a higher league. Not all but many. I would date black men as long as they were professional without kids. However, most I found online had illegitimate kids and were thugs. This was common with white guys too though.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:18 PM

13,657 posts, read 9,720,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed1USA View Post
One guy may think another guy is cool but they may not necessarily see him in the same light as would a woman.
A trenchant observation! Simply put, men value different things - in themselves - than do women. At least anecdotally, women seem to value (in men) well-pressed slacks and shirts free of stains. Men value good musculature and low body fat. Imagine two photos: a fit and athletic guy somewhat slovenly dressed in business-casual, not smiling, staring off into space; and a somewhat portly and flabby fellow, neatly groomed, with winning smile. I gather that the latter would be more appealing to most women, no? Ladies - your thoughts?

In short, yet another reason that online dating is frustrating for men, is that many of our most valued attributes are less valuable for women evaluating us. When we work to "improve ourselves", we're working on the wrong thing - and then resent women for their obtuseness.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
A trenchant observation! Simply put, men value different things - in themselves - than do women. At least anecdotally, women seem to value (in men) well-pressed slacks and shirts free of stains. Men value good musculature and low body fat. Imagine two photos: a fit and athletic guy somewhat slovenly dressed in business-casual, not smiling, staring off into space; and a somewhat portly and flabby fellow, neatly groomed, with winning smile. I gather that the latter would be more appealing to most women, no? Ladies - your thoughts?

In short, yet another reason that online dating is frustrating for men, is that many of our most valued attributes are less valuable for women evaluating us. When we work to "improve ourselves", we're working on the wrong thing - and then resent women for their obtuseness.
I would never date a slob. I wouldn't likely date an obese or flabby (not always the same thing)either.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:44 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,715 times
Quote:
I actually prefer the fit, good looking, successful guys online (and off for that matter)
Huh, would've never guessed women liked those kind of guys. =)

My girlfriend actually knocks me for shopping at Buckle and places like that. She also said I'm the first guy she's ever been with that doesn't have tats. She likes tats, I think they're dumb but I don't care if people have them.

I shop all over and buy whatever looks nice, but it's mostly stuff from Columbia, Buckle, and various board/bike shops. I think she's really used to dating hipster type guys who wear tons of layers and more suit type people.

That's just not me =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships