Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 01:52 PM

845 posts, read 1,349,493 times

Advertisements

I just joined in on Tinder (I still have to pick a few good pictures to make it official) but I'm a little indifferent with the app so far. I applied my age group and started, shallowly, picking certain women by their picture. However, the app isn't going the right direction for me. Most of the women, albeit most them younger, seem really unrealistic. I just can't see them having a hard time finding a relationship. I mean, based on looks alone, they should be...i don't know, not on this app.

Versus other websites, through, the app is great and really easy to use, and it's free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 01:58 PM

326 posts, read 478,587 times
I've had the most success on Tinder in terms of actual conversations had.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:23 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,021,045 times
I tried it out for about 2 weeks, nothing to report - 33/F here. My 25/M coworker, though, has managed A LOT of hookups with Tinder but then mentioned something about a lot of the girls were a little crazy, too.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:01 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Guys who think a conversation is 'success'... smh...

Old 08-16-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Guys who think a conversation is 'success'... smh...
What do you mean? Doesn't the conversation make or break a for a relationship or not? A meeting can either go great or go south.

What does 'smh' stand for?

Old 08-16-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
I tried it out for about 2 weeks, nothing to report - 33/F here. My 25/M coworker, though, has managed A LOT of hookups with Tinder but then mentioned something about a lot of the girls were a little crazy, too.
I'll give a try for a little bit, but it doesn't seem at all legit. It's like seeing...Jessica Alba, or another celebrity on the app, stating she's having a hard time meeting guys. Sorry for my confusion but how can the pretty girls have a hard time meeting men?

Old 08-16-2014, 05:57 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
There are better looking people on Tinder, but I concluded that I need just little more basic info about a person than what is provided on Tinder. I don't need a long profile, nor need to know a lot about your personality (will learn about that when we get to know each other), but I do need some basic info in order to save us both time. Tinder only provides age and location and that's it, and a few people don't even put that.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:00 PM

336 posts, read 589,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
What does 'smh' stand for?
smh = Shaking my head

conversations don't mean anything these days.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
There are better looking people on Tinder, but I concluded that I need just little more basic info about a person than what is provided on Tinder. I don't need a long profile, nor need to know a lot about your personality (will learn about that when we get to know each other), but I do need some basic info in order to save us both time. Tinder only provides age and location and that's it, and a few people don't even put that.
Yah, I'm beginning to think tinder isn't for everyone, or for me. I'll put my basic information in it and see what happens, but I don't expect much.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:07 PM

336 posts, read 589,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
Yah, I'm beginning to think tinder isn't for everyone, or for me. I'll put my basic information in it and see what happens, but I don't expect much.
Most people don't read it anyway. Because of that, most people won't take the bio section seriously and will just put jokes in there.

I don't want to date someone who thinks everything is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships