Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 09:15 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,014,023 times

Advertisements

Question is mostly for the ladies in the house, any generational differences would be good info too.

well, i am just very curious whether a woman can be emotionally and sexually involved with more than one man, and for how long, what factors could be involved? here are some examples i am aware of but i'm curious on any thoughts you may have on the topic.

1. a woman is in an LTR but ends up cheating with another guy then breaks up to be with him. how long could the infidelity period last before she breaks up?

2. a woman is dating a guy but not bf/gf yet, however, she has a fwb on the side that's fairly passionate but she thinks they are not compatible enough for an LTR. how long can she keep this going? can she keep it like that for as long as it's good?

3. a woman is in an LTR/marriage and isn't getting her emotional/sexual desires met from her SO, so she has a male "mistress" (pool boy, haha) on the side. can she always keep it "just physical" like a man?

thoughts? thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 09:19 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,475,620 times
Dr. Clean that sounds like a question Dr. Phil would ask lol

Old 08-24-2014, 09:33 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Of course she can.

Women are human and thus have the ability to have sex and feel closeness with any number of people if she chooses to.

Most choose not to because it can be complicated and risky to maintaining a primary relationship.

Was this really a question you did not know the answer to?

Old 08-24-2014, 09:37 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
Question is mostly for the ladies in the house, any generational differences would be good info too.

well, i am just very curious whether a woman can be emotionally and sexually involved with more than one man, and for how long, what factors could be involved? here are some examples i am aware of but i'm curious on any thoughts you may have on the topic.

1. a woman is in an LTR but ends up cheating with another guy then breaks up to be with him. how long could the infidelity period last before she breaks up?

2. a woman is dating a guy but not bf/gf yet, however, she has a fwb on the side that's fairly passionate but she thinks they are not compatible enough for an LTR. how long can she keep this going? can she keep it like that for as long as it's good?

3. a woman is in an LTR/marriage and isn't getting her emotional/sexual desires met from her SO, so she has a male "mistress" (pool boy, haha) on the side. can she always keep it "just physical" like a man?

thoughts? thanks.
I am a married female in my forties.

As for number one...

The cheating never should have happened during the relationship. If she was not happy with her significant other, then she should have spoken to him about that. The two of them should have tried to fix their problems together. If that was not possible for some reason, then she should have ended their relationship before getting involved with anyone.

As for number two...

I was never into FWB and so that does not apply to me.

As for number three...

Same as number one.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:50 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,578,711 times
From what I've observed many will certainly do it, especially during their peak attraction years and they don't have to have any emotion involved in it either. How long just depends on the individual.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:54 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,807,558 times
The trouble with #3 is that the "pool boy" is not an emotional relationship so it doesn't fit the spirit of the original question. Also, if I had a FWB and I got into a relationship with someone else, the FWB would have to stop. The first question I can't answer to but I'm thinking that if it were me, if I were to get into a relationship w/ someone else while married, my feelings for my husband would have to be long gone but I don't really know.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
The trouble with #3 is that the "pool boy" is not an emotional relationship so it doesn't fit the spirit of the original question.
okay, i get the one-time fling thing. i guess what i am asking is can a woman have an extended physical relationship with a man and not get emotionally involved? even with a pool boy

btw, i think it is crazy how many cases we see with female high school teachers having sex with teen males..... and they end up zany in the court house? talk about an emotional rush, they have to have addiction issues.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:23 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Yes they can but I think they may be users.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:27 AM

832 posts, read 1,418,448 times
Some can I guess. Although, I've never seen it. I've seem women who are not emotionally attached to either but claim to be attached to both. And I've seen some women who claim to be emotionally attached to one but aren't emotionally attached to either. And I've seen some women claim to be emotionally attached to one for various logistical reasons, but are actually attached to the other.

I can not do it.

Two men I don't genuinely care about? Sure.

But I don't have enough in my emotional repertoire to be genuinely attached to two different men. Nor do I have enough to be genuinely attached to one while playing with another that I do not have an attachment to.

For good or bad, I'm an "all or none" type person.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yes they can but I think they may be users.
sucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships