Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times

Advertisements

Really turns me off.
I think I'm getting immune to men even approaching me at this point.
Sex seems to be the #1 thing on their minds & it's getting to the point
where I don't even need to hold a 5 minute long conversation w/ any of them anymore.
I have given so many people so many chances......inevitably- thats where their minds are.
I guess I'm more refined & selective than to be able to just hop in the sack w/ guys on a whim.
It's pretty sobering to think that I may just be single for the rest of my life though,
because if this is all that's out there-
I can't go for that.
Are there actually men out there who have any depth.....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 10:16 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Men haven't just started thinking predominantly about sex because of "hookup culture".

Old 08-26-2014, 10:16 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Yes there are.

They are just scattered around in between all the guys who are primarily interested in just hooking up.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:17 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
I hear ya. Had a normal conversation going on with someone on OKC, and once he got my burner cell number, it became a barrage of texts that went beyond flirting into nearly demanding to know when we were going to get together and "be naughty." I understand that many, if not most, men will attempt to push limits to see where your boundaries are, but you'd think that after the first couple of changes in topic, the person would give up and/or get a clue. If he starts with that again today I'm just going to say, "If you want a hook-up, you're going to have to look elsewhere."

Old 08-26-2014, 10:21 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
I am the same. Sex is great-no doubt. But I am not going to bedhop with just any man. I need commitment, trust, and communication.

There's plenty of good men out there. The thing is, they're just hidden under all the horndogs and douchebags that run through women like crazy. The good men are probably the more introvert, and selective ones. So, they may tend to fade to the background.

So, no guarantee that you'll find love or a relationship, but it's possible if you are a bit more persistent. May mean you have to try asking some guys out, and going out as much as possible so more guys can see and interact with you. But easier said than done.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:30 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Really turns me off.
where I don't even need to hold a 5 minute long conversation w/ any of them anymore.
I have given so many people so many chances......inevitably- thats where their minds are.
I guess I'm more refined & selective than to be able to just hop in the sack w/ guys on a whim.
It's pretty sobering to think that I may just be single for the rest of my life though,
I can't go for that.
Yes. And we are having the same problems that you are.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:37 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
So I can't have depth and be interested in sex?

Who knew?

I am not sure how old the OP is. When we are in our 20's, men just don't generally know how to talk to a woman. We are uncomfortable with ourselves at that point. When we get over that, we usually show our depth much better.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:41 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Really turns me off.
I can't go for that.
I agree with you. I'm not saying that all men only want to hook up, but that's basically all that the ones who approach me are after. Doesn't matter if they're professional and older- I don't see any difference between them and guys in their 20s.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:44 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I agree with you. I'm not saying that all men only want to hook up, but that's basically all that the ones who approach me are after. Doesn't matter if they're professional and older- I don't see any difference between them and guys in their 20s.
If I walk up and start talking to a lady, yes, I am interested in sex. It does not mean that is all I am interested in.

But when all you are doing is looking for attractive people at a bar, guess what, the first thought and thing you're going to talk to them for, is because of a sexual interest.

Its not like you meet this guy at a grocery store or church meeting, and then went to a bar. If you meet people at a bar, the physical is the topic of conversation. That doesn't mean that, when I sit down with her, I won't find a whole lot more to be interested in, but I came up to talk to you, because you're hot, and I'd like to have sex with you.

That is every bar meeting on the planet.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:44 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
As a teen....I always felt really good about to hear a guy compliment me but I realized that they were telling other girls the same thing. Which is fine. I was just naive thinking he wasn't talking to other girls the same way.

There is nothing wrong with thinking about sex and wanting it. I just think it can keep the person from getting to know the other person. I would never consider having casual sex because I want something that will last for a long time. In some cases ons's and casual sex can lead to that but I don't want to risk my emotional health. Doesn't have to last for the rest of my life just knowing someone actually cares about me and wants to be with me and vice versa.

I don't see a point in a few seconds of pleasure and then feel terrible about myself afterwards. I don't feel comfortable with that concept. I finally figured out how to take when a guy compliments me with a grain of salt because 9 times out of 10 he is telling other girls the same thing. I know that seems childish but it's how I feel.

I want my confidence to come from me and not what people think.

Last edited by Auraliea; 08-26-2014 at 11:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships