Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 11:56 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

What gets in people's heads, this story was all over the local news yesterday. Teacher was found dead in a school here in So Cal. She hung herself in her classroom prior to the start of the school day. I mean if she wants to do that why traumatize the kids, the kids asked another teacher to open the door and the kids and the teacher found her.

Supposedly she was well liked and never displayed any kind of inclination toward suicide.

I guess the part I'm a little puzzled by is why have the kids see her or, why do this at school in the first place. I mean suicide is awful to begin with and trying to understand it is hard enough, but man.... I'd almost expect something like that if she was in some kind of dispute with the faculty or some other grievance I can almost see, not that that makes it right, but at least you can follow a trial of logic.

Why would a well liked teacher put her kids through the trauma of finding her dead????

Well-liked photo teacher found dead in California classroom

Old 03-03-2015, 01:07 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Suicides don't have logical skills any more.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:15 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
By doing it at work she was either making a statement, or ensuring that she'd be found. It doesn't make sense, but suicidal people rarely do.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:35 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
There is no way to know what she was thinking when she did this and unless she left a very detailed note explaining everything no one will ever know the truth.
It is terrible for those children and the teacher who found her and I hope they can heal and learn to cope with this issue quickly and move on relatively unscathed.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:36 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
By doing it at work she was either making a statement, or ensuring that she'd be found. It doesn't make sense, but suicidal people rarely do.
When I was about 8 years old, I was living in Oxnard, CA. I was at the babysitter's house after school playing in the front yard with bunch of other kids when the sitter's neighbor walked out of his house and shot himself in the head in front of everyone. The note said his wife had left him, and he just wanted to make sure that he was found.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:52 PM

I made perfect gravy today.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I made perfect gravy today.
I did that yesterday. Made an awesome roast. Today I am lazy, so tacos

Old 03-03-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I did that yesterday. Made an awesome roast. Today I am lazy, so tacos

Biscuits and Hamburger Gravy for us, I haven't had tacos in more than a month, they don't taste right since I've been sick.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:34 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What gets in people's heads, this story was all over the local news yesterday. Teacher was found dead in a school here in So Cal. She hung herself in her classroom prior to the start of the school day. I mean if she wants to do that why traumatize the kids, the kids asked another teacher to open the door and the kids and the teacher found her.

Supposedly she was well liked and never displayed any kind of inclination toward suicide.

I guess the part I'm a little puzzled by is why have the kids see her or, why do this at school in the first place. I mean suicide is awful to begin with and trying to understand it is hard enough, but man.... I'd almost expect something like that if she was in some kind of dispute with the faculty or some other grievance I can almost see, not that that makes it right, but at least you can follow a trial of logic.

Why would a well liked teacher put her kids through the trauma of finding her dead????

Well-liked photo teacher found dead in California classroom
Yeah she looks pretty happy, but who knows.

I knew a guy from high school who ended up hanging himself with a noose from a basket ball net at home. The REALLY sad part, is that when he was found, his fingers were stuck between the rope and his neck, suggesting he kind of changed his mind once the reality that he was indeed dying kicked in.

I remember reading that the few people who have survived leaping from the Golden Gate in a bid to end their life all said the same thing: I regretted it the moment my feet left the bridge.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:44 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
A camera crew setup a long range camera pointed at the Golden Gate bridge and it caught a dozen or so suicide jumps from the bridge.... it was eerie watching one guy... they showed him through out the documentary, long range shots of course, but he lingered and lingered and hung around the bridge until one day he jumped......

It sounds morbid and voyeuristic but it was actually a decent documentary, covered more than just catching people jumping from the bridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bri...cumentary_film)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.