Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 06:26 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

We currently have a small kitchen and if this new home goes through I will have an area with a stove that you almost have to back into so you can face the stove......LOL

It won't last long though, we have decided to leave the 95 year old house as it is and build our new home on the back side of the old home. We will be matching the siding that was put on the old home and matching the roof lines as well. There will be a breezeway between the old home and the new.
Then the old home will become the area where we have an extra bedroom and all necessities for visitors to stay if they want and I will have one very large living room to put my sewing/quilting items.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:32 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
I am in a heap of trouble.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:05 PM

OMGoodness, my fridge is currently almost empty.......LOL

No I will not starve to death, most everything is in the freezer or the pantry at the moment.

I just cleaned out the little bit of salad greens that were past prime and I took them out to the back edge of the property for the critters, I hope they enjoy their salad.
I also had a couple tortillas that were sort of iffy so those went as well as a couple slices of hard salami.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:32 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Goddamn I hate sales calls.....

We just got majorly hoodwinked.....A family friend calls us up and explains to Mrs. Chow that she's going through a training program, something to do with financial products and how she wanted help with her training and needed an audience for her to work on to gain more experience doing demonstrations...........

That was the story.

She gets to our house and tells us to wait for a few minutes as someone else was showing up. She failed to mention this at first.

Anyways, this guys shows up and starts to give us the super overly slick hard sell on ****ing life insurance..... damn I was pissed......... She sat there and he did all the yacking... I thought this was supposed to be something that she would do and we were to help critique her presentation.

The whole thing was just an excuse to get face time with people and these companies use training candidates as a way for them to get their friends and families to listen to their schpeel....

Overly slick annoying used car frigging slimy f ing salesmen......... These types are something you wipe off of your boots.......

Shakespeare was wrong... it's not "first kill all the lawyers", It should be kill all the damn salesmen....

Old 04-01-2015, 08:36 PM

Chow,

I wondered how that was going to turn out, we had the same thing happen to us years ago.
Ever since we have been "out of town" any time someone would ask us to do something similiar.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:49 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Chow,

I wondered how that was going to turn out, we had the same thing happen to us years ago.
Ever since we have been "out of town" any time someone would ask us to do something similiar.
She's actually part of the family, just not legally, lol. And I wish we could use the "out of town" excuse, but she lives right here. We couldn't put her off indefinitely. I couldn't tell her no. I really like her, though, she's actually very down-to-earth. And we always get along great. Frankly, I'm a little hurt.

But, ughhhhhhh, I hate the hard sell! Calling you by your name over and over, the cheesy jokes, the phony compliments, talking so LOUD, he's your buddy, blah blah blah... I had to physically fight my disgust from showing on my face, lol.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:12 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Recessed LED lamps
Ahhhh yeah. You guys are doing it right. It's all going LED. A lot more energy efficient too. I bet you guys save a few bucks on the electric bill which you can definitely use with energy prices in California.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:29 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
She's actually part of the family, just not legally, lol. And I wish we could use the "out of town" excuse, but she lives right here. We couldn't put her off indefinitely. I couldn't tell her no. I really like her, though, she's actually very down-to-earth. And we always get along great. Frankly, I'm a little hurt.

But, ughhhhhhh, I hate the hard sell! Calling you by your name over and over, the cheesy jokes, the phony compliments, talking so LOUD, he's your buddy, blah blah blah... I had to physically fight my disgust from showing on my face, lol.
that is kinda disappointing... I honestly don't know how people do that....
and LOL at fighting from giving away what you're thinking,

Old 04-01-2015, 09:44 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

the face:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/y8Kyi0WNg40/0.jpg

BTW, one of my Instructors went all out on me today over one mistake. He tore apart my HW, threw it at me and asked me to redo it. Its been a while since this happened.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:18 PM

Sea,

I understand the hurt part as well, our friendship was definitely stressed after that incident, eventually the friendship died because I just didn't trust them after that when we were invited to an event.
I never knew what it was really going to be. Oh well, life lesson learned the boring annoying way.

I wish everyone restful sleep and peaceful dreams (except you Bio and Mags if you are working) when it comes time for you to wander your timbers of slumber.

This Wee Wolf is tired and going to go wandering myself.
The critters are all happily snuggled in and snoring already, they always start without me. Ungrateful little heathens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships