Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 08:15 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times

Advertisements

Applying for jobs has become synonymous to brushing my teeth at this point. I survived on 1 cup of noodles and 1 cup of veggies today .

Old 10-26-2014, 08:20 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
How many quilts have you made, CSD?

I agree on the highway therapy...
You mean actually finished?

Um.......I made myself a new mouse pad.

I am actually very new to quilting (but not to collecting fabric I love) so this is my first technical quilt to be started and finished.
I haven't actually been "taught" how to do any of this either, I bought the best sewing machine I could find, I have all of this fabric, I bought quilting books and read them and I've watched youtube videos.
Then I got out the fabric, the iron, the ironing board, the cutting mat, the rotary cutter and started ironing, measuring, cutting and sewing.
Now it is on to the quilting part of the quilt on the machine which I am going to start as soon as Mr. CSD calls me back and we finish chatting.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:27 PM

There are times, like now that I wish Mr. CSD was not to technology challenged.
I want him to watch a youtube video, I sent him a link in text that goes straight to the video and all he has to do is click the link then click the little gray arrow thingy in the circle and watch the video.
Guess who can't get the video to play?

Old 10-26-2014, 08:33 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I want him to watch a youtube video, I sent him a link in text that goes straight to the video and all he has to do is click the link then click the little gray arrow thingy in the circle and watch the video.
LOL... I think the tech challenged types are a dying breed.. so to speak.... my dad is just the worst I grew up with technology.. but kids today know nothing but tech.

When I say I grew up with it I mean in the sense that I've always had a technical type job since my 20's this is way back in the early 90's... the web as we know it sort of took off in the mid to late 90's..... now it's ubiquitous, not so much back in the day.

During the 70's and 80's.. universities relied on the INTERNET to share data, but the INTERNET then wasn't no where like it is now... the military actually commissioned the first "INTERNET" as a way of dealing with strategic war games and dealing with sharing of data's among various branches of the armed services.

Tell Al Gore to put that **** in his pipe and puff on it......

Old 10-26-2014, 08:35 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Applying for jobs has become synonymous to brushing my teeth at this point. I survived on 1 cup of noodles and 1 cup of veggies today .
Lol, hang in there, Adi.

Quote:
You mean actually finished?

Um.......I made myself a new mouse pad.

I am actually very new to quilting (but not to collecting fabric I love) so this is my first technical quilt to be started and finished.
I haven't actually been "taught" how to do any of this either, I bought the best sewing machine I could find, I have all of this fabric, I bought quilting books and read them and I've watched youtube videos.
Then I got out the fabric, the iron, the ironing board, the cutting mat, the rotary cutter and started ironing, measuring, cutting and sewing.
Now it is on to the quilting part of the quilt on the machine which I am going to start as soon as Mr. CSD calls me back and we finish chatting.
Lol! It's just that you sound very experienced at it.

I "inherited" a sewing machine a while back. I've always done basic sewing -- like repairs, hemming, stuff like that -- but, since I got the machine, I bought a couple books, too, to learn how to make some basic things. Haven't really completed the projects yet, lol.

I love to create things, so I just keep trying all kinds of new things to see if I find something I really love in particular. Jewelry, crochet (you try to buy a swimsuit cover-up or something, it's expensive!), home décor. I like to draw my own Christmas cards, but haven't done that for a few years. I'm also contemplating learning a couple of languages, like Italian, French, but not sure if I'll stick with it. I like to learn things on my own rather than taking a class, but then it's easier to blow it off, lol.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:39 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
LOL!!

I swear to you, if I didn't know Chow, I probably wouldn't be here talking to you right now. I had absolutely zero interest in computers, and I'm quite sure, if I had, that I would/could not have put in the work to learn them.

Even now, I'll ask him a basic question and he just looks at me with this incredulous look on his face. Lol! "We've gone over this!"

Old 10-26-2014, 08:42 PM

I just got off the phone with him and he was able to actually watch the video.....personally I think he found a 7 year old to show him how to play it on his iPhone...LOL

Old 10-26-2014, 08:43 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
There was a thread floating around about karma and I know I posted in it and so did SD...

I've been on Face book a bit more these days and in doing so have sort of reconnected a bit with some of the dudes I used to hang with in my single days back in my 20's.

One of the guys was a bit of a sexist jerk... not really bad, but of all of us he was the one that was probably a bit of a macho A hole that wasn't always the best toward women.

It turns out that he's got two beautiful daughters... really pretty young girls that are in High school.

That....... my friends, is what karma is

Old 10-26-2014, 08:45 PM

Chow, you should see me when my 73 year old Mother says "I can't get facetime to work how do I turn it on?"
This would be the facetime that I set up for her on the iPad that Mr. CSD and I bought for her that worked when I handed it to her.

So I ask her, "Have you changed any of the settings?"
my Mother: "Well no, I didn't change any of the setting I just changed my email and created a new Apple ID is all".......

aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

Old 10-26-2014, 09:14 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Good night mags. BTW, what happened to your dad's 4 legged friend who got hurt ? Is she being taken care of now.

No, Adi. She died instantly. Her neck was broken. Thank you for the concern though.

Also, it was my friends dad's dog. My dad is dead too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
He is in tough shape. We are having him put to sleep. With age, prognosis and all factors weighed it is the right thing to do. He had a good day today. No one yelled at him, he was outside helping me today, it was a beautiful day.

We came home tonight and could instantly tell something was majorly wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Thanks. He bloated. True to his nature, he was a jerk until the very end. We will miss him, though.

Oh my. I'm so sorry, you two. How awful.

What is with the death lately on here!?

Quote:
My head is pretty full of useless information that no one else even cares about and most of the time I don't really care about it either but I just can't seem to purge it from the memory modules in my head.

Same here, CSD. I like to think of myself as the Cliff Claven of CD.

Of course.....you have no idea who that is, because you don't watch TV. Unless you were watching it when "Cheers" was on. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships