Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 09:18 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I hear that Indian families can be pretty strict at times.... specially in terms of school... but you're doing good adi..... in a short amount of time you'll be on your own and can dictate your own life a bit more.. I think culturally Indians have a tendency to a little more subservient to their families....white people have that too, but not as much... at least I think so.. anyways....
What you say is true. I wish the subservient stuff would disappear already. And about the doing well part, um....thats another story I've discussed earlier. Let's just say that I'm not the best at multitasking like an expert at this point.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:24 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Chow, why even think about anything that "could be" a possible regret?
The choices you made were the right choices when they were made and if you change one fraction of a moment it changes everything.
You are who you are because of those choices and who is to say that those choices are good, bad or indifferent?
Who's "right mete" do you use? Yours? Mine? SD's? Mrs. Chow's?

What is done is done and all one can really hope for is no regrets no matter what the choice that was made.
Unless of course you are a believer (another thread topic entirely), then you can hope for other things but in the end is it really that important to be rich, famous or right all the time?
I think I'll take comfortable, obscure and lumpy from all the life lessons I've learned so far with many more to follow.

Lumpy is a shape right? So I am in "shape" no matter what all those 20 somethings say....hahahaha

Old 11-02-2014, 09:27 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
What you say is true. I wish the subservient stuff would disappear already. And about the doing well part, um....thats another story I've discussed earlier. Let's just say that I'm not the best at multitasking like an expert at this point.
Like I told you in your other thread... you're a young man still and life takes time to understand things... don't beat yourself up so much... trust me.. just like I said in the other thread.... life is rough enough.. give yourself a break at times... that doesn't mean don't work hard and try to excel, it just means accept the failures and disappoints and roll with them more... fall off the horse, get back on the horse... no dishonor in failing... if you failed after giving it a good try that is....

Old 11-02-2014, 09:29 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Very true,

Adi, don't even think that those of us who are older and post here haven't taken our lumps, bumps, bruises and mistakes because we have.
We have all had similar experiences in life and we have all had to learn life lessons, some of us have taken longer than others to learn those lessons, some of us have taken different paths to learn those lessons but eventually we learned them and we only wish to try and help those who are younger get through those lumps, bumps, bruises and mistakes a wee bit easier than we did.

We all bring a different perspective to the table whether it be as a parent, a grand parent or as a child who was taught something by an elder.

It is amazing what so many can teach you if you pay attention even a wee bit.
Awesome post, CSD.

Quote:
I don't have a lot of regrets in my life, but one of them that does sort of pop into my mind is my lack of risk taking... I've taken the safe route a little too much in my life.... fear of failure, I suppose is at the core... but whatever it is what it is.... in certain respects it has served me well, at least in terms of work I've done ok financially.... have a pretty good 401k for a guy my age... but money isn't everything... I wished I would have gone to Europe when I was in college and been a little more aggressive with risk taking, but... IDK... it's not over... 45, while it sounds old... it really isn't in the grand scheme of things and Mrs. Chow and I are talking about going to Greece and other parts of Europe to travel and see the world a bit... I think by the nature of America being so far away that we have a tendency to be a bit insulated from how the rest of the world lives and that has given us a dullness to a degree... but that is best left for a blog entry.....
I have quite a few regrets, and that's why now I'm so hyper-aware of not doing anything to regret. I can't stand the feeling of regret.

Quote:
Chow, why even think about anything that "could be" a possible regret?
The choices you made were the right choices when they were made and if you change one fraction of a moment it changes everything.
You are who you are because of those choices and who is to say that those choices are good, bad or indifferent?
Who's "right mete" do you use? Yours? Mine? SD's? Mrs. Chow's?

What is done is done and all one can really hope for is no regrets no matter what the choice that was made.
Unless of course you are a believer (another thread topic entirely), then you can hope for other things but in the end is it really that important to be rich, famous or right all the time?
I think I'll take comfortable, obscure and lumpy from all the life lessons I've learned so far with many more to follow.

Lumpy is a shape right? So I am in "shape" no matter what all those 20 somethings say....hahahaha
I do agree that I wouldn't change anything about me or my past, because then it wouldn't be me anymore, lol.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Like I told you in your other thread... you're a young man still and life takes time to understand things... don't beat yourself up so much... trust me.. just like I said in the other thread.... life is rough enough.. give yourself a break at times... that doesn't mean don't work hard and try to excel, it just means accept the failures and disappoints and roll with them more... fall off the horse, get back on the horse... no dishonor in failing... if you failed after giving it a good try that is....

Adi, for Chow being a kid (at 45 years to my 53 years) he's pretty smart and you should pay attention.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:35 PM

You all realize we are all going to be in trouble with Mags right?
He was just fussing a few days ago about having to read 3 pages to catch up......he is going to have a LLama this time....LOL

Old 11-02-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
You all realize we are all going to be in trouble with Mags right?
He was just fussing a few days ago about having to read 3 pages to catch up......he is going to have a LLama this time....LOL
Lol, definitely.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:37 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
A llama, eh?

Old 11-02-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
A llama, eh?
Lol, I noticed that, too.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:41 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol, I noticed that, too.
Wonder if he'll notice the "eh."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships