Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 06:09 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,368,524 times

Advertisements

I just found a new toy on my bank account and I like it, I wish I could go back to the day I opened the account and edit all of the transactions and add the payee name and put it into a category.
It is not the fastest process in the world but it works for me and I like it.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 AM

52,389 posts, read 52,872,241 times
I've long since given up on trying to keep a balanced checkbook.

I do everything with my bank card and bill pay through my bank.

I finally wrote some checks to deal with the kitchen work, only because they insisted on a check... LOL...

I usually check my accounts online probably once a day or every other day, so I keep a pretty good eye on what goes in and out, if I don't recognize something I flag it.

That actually happened to me a couple of yrs ago, I went to lunch and my atm card was declined... I was lik WTF.... called the bank they said that a 35 dollar charge from some place in Florida was on it... not sure how that happened, but the bank caught that fraud before I did and shutdown the card, sent me a new one in a day or two and they rescinded the charges.... great stuff.

Not the same experience I had with American Express about 12 yrs ago... I lost my card, and somehow plane tickets showed up on the account. I had to send letter after letter to am x telling them that it wasn't me.... took a lot of hassles on my part to get that shyt cleared up..... screw am x... btw..

Old 04-03-2015, 09:09 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,786,237 times
If I have a checkbook then I have no idea where it is. I don't remember the last time I ordered checks. Dead technology, IMO.

No way in hell am I working 3rd shift next week. This week about killed me. It's miller time.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:58 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,745,930 times
Soooo....

I was watching Kelly & Michael this morning.....I don't particularly pay any attention to the show at all....but my mom left the tv on and what do you know....the 2016 Maxima finally made it's debut on the show this morning.

I immediately started yelling for my mom to come into the room because we have been waiting for almost 2 years for the new body style to come out! I said to myself FINALLY! lol

Gotta say though...it's incredibly sexy.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:05 AM

Major pimp ride.....

The new Mustangs look pretty sharp too.

We need to get a new car and I'm trying to slow my roll, I want to get something boring and practical, thinking of a SUV, a Nissan Xtera, but then I look at some of the Dodge muscle cars and it hard to stay with the practical approach.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:28 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,745,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Major pimp ride.....

The new Mustangs look pretty sharp too.

We need to get a new car and I'm trying to slow my roll, I want to get something boring and practical, thinking of a SUV, a Nissan Xtera, but then I look at some of the Dodge muscle cars and it hard to stay with the practical approach.
I like Dodge Chargers and Cheve Camaros. The new Mustangs are really smooth. The maxima has always been my dream car though....so I have to have it one day. I may be in my 40s before I have one but that' show life is lol. Mercedes and BMWs are nice too, but they are highly overrated and the maintenance is ridiculous.

I do like the Nissan's luxury line Infiniti as well. Just hella expensive. If I ever get a luxury car, I'm probably gonna try to get a job that pays at least 100k a year hahahaha. The maxima may be the most expensive car I ever get though.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I like Dodge Chargers and Cheve Camaros. The new Mustangs are really smooth. The maxima has always been my dream car though....so I have to have it one day. I may be in my 40s before I have one but that' show life is lol. Mercedes and BMWs are nice too, but they are highly overrated and the maintenance is ridiculous.

I do like the Nissan's luxury line Infiniti as well. Just hella expensive. If I ever get a luxury car, I'm probably gonna try to get a job that pays at least 100k a year hahahaha. The maxima may be the most expensive car I ever get though.
Just to keep mileage low on our Mustang, we sometimes will rent a car when we go visit my dad, he's out of state about 4 hours away.

I sometimes will upgrade the cars from the usual shytbox that I get. I've rented the Dodge Challenger, Charger, and the Camaro.

I think my fav was the Challenger.

I've always been a fan of the Nissan product line. They are pretty good solid cars.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:51 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,254,308 times
The Mr. is looking forward to taking his old Mustang out soon. We keep it at his dad's house because of our limited parking, so it's a special moment when man and machine reunite.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
The Mr. is looking forward to taking his old Mustang out soon. We keep it at his dad's house because of our limited parking, so it's a special moment when man and machine reunite.
LOL.... our mustang is older, but not cool older... LOL... 97 only has 60k on it, I have a company vehicle so I don't rack up a lot of miles. The mustang use to be Mrs. Chow's dad's car, we got it when he bought a new car. So it worked out well.

I just don't feel comfortable with a car that old. I don't mind driving it around town, but not for long trips. We sunk a couple grand into a yr or so ago, had a bunch of work done on it.

It's actually in immaculate condition for being 18 yrs old.

Got me some big ol 20's on that sucker, little bit of sounds too.... I mean you can't roll without music blastin out or your ride right???

Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 AM

19,468 posts, read 15,315,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.... our mustang is older, but not cool older... LOL... 97 only has 60k on it, I have a company vehicle so I don't rack up a lot of miles. The mustang use to be Mrs. Chow's dad's car, we got it when he bought a new car. So it worked out well.

I just don't feel comfortable with a car that old. I don't mind driving it around town, but not for long trips. We sunk a couple grand into a yr or so ago, had a bunch of work done on it.

It's actually in immaculate condition for being 18 yrs old.

Got me some big ol 20's on that sucker, little bit of sounds too.... I mean you can't roll without music blastin out or your ride right???
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships