Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2014, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,966 times

Advertisements

There's this girl that I've been very close friends with for one year as of right now (we are currently hs juniors). We were really close to a point where people including her best friend were often teasing when a relationship will start. However, things kinda got rocky between us towards late spring 2014 and long story short, I think I've made her really dislike me for a while.

Throughout the summer, this girl and I never saw each other, but we sometimes texted. She once asked me how much I wanted her and eventually told me that she can't like me back, which I responded that was okay. She then said that I was obviously in love with her and that she would never date me. I responded by saying that there was a reason why I didn't ask her out at the time (because during the time, I was unsure if I was going to move/transfer to a different school), but didn't say why. She then responded by saying that she thought that I was crazy over her and I kinda responded in a "so what?" manner and pretty much asked if she still wanted to be friends -- which she didn't respond back. The next day, she called me a few times and I called her back and asked why she called; she first acted like she didn't know that she called me multiple times in only 1-2 hours. Eventually, I asked why she called me an unusual amount of times and she answered "I like you" and started laughing like crazy which i hung up the phone. For the next two weeks, i never contacted her until i texted happy birthday to her on her birthday. What i didn't expect from her was that she took a picture of herself (whole body) and sent it to me right afterwards; i didn't know really how to respond and just said that she looked cute.

We didn't talk too much throughout the summer, but started to talk more after school started. Around the first day of school, she called me late at night and stressed about upcoming hmwrk and tests and almost sounded like she was starting to cry which i attempted to comfort her. Unlike last year, she now decided to sit by me where i sit at during lunch. She teases me a lot more (compared to last year) and sometimes even playfully throws food at me during lunch and laughs. She recently also sent me a heart in a text msg for the first time. Since we also have a few more classes together this year, she asked me if i wanted to study with her and we happened to meet at a local coffee shop. I asked her how often she wanted to meet up and she offered me to come to her house saying that she would soon be broke from spending money outside all the time.

I feel that I'm not getting clear signals from her. I was once in love with her, I still like her, but now, I would still be happy to just keep her as a friend. Does she like me or is she friend zoning me to the max? What do you people think?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 05:57 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Posting your problem twice isn't going to change the answers you get. Maybe there is a special forum for high school romance you can go to?

Old 09-04-2014, 06:52 PM

708 posts, read 824,213 times
The better question to ask would be why on earth you even contemplate getting involved with a headache like that? Some of you guys must be completely blind to red flags. This girl is the kitten, you are the woolen ball...

Old 09-04-2014, 07:29 PM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...m-getting.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships