Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 09:16 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,283,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSlipper View Post
Exactly. I just recently deleted my POF account because it was so disturbing. There are scads of 32, 33 and 34-year-old women who say they want to get married and have children.

But I think to myself, I want to date a woman a minimum of a couple years before considering living together, I would want to live together a minimum of another couple of years before proposing. Figure a year engagement, a year to get used to being married, we're trying for kid #1 at age 38 if she's on the younger end of the scale.

No thanks.

Many, many women have burned their most fertile and attractive years "exploring themselves." But it's what the cultural forces have told them to do.
Again, I guess this is regional. I know a lot of desirable men and women who don't use biology as an excuse to marry too young or ignore their own dreams. Plenty of these men are fine with dating women their own age regardless of how old they are. They aren't just looking for babymakers though; they want actual love. Guess that's the difference.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:19 AM

138 posts, read 171,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I'm 33 and I wouldn't touch a 43 year old now. You men need to stop generalizing stupid ****.
YES!!! I'm still 42 for two more months......so.....How YOU doin'?

Kidding....stop hitting me.....

Old 09-11-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
You should spend some time as a man trying to date. The OP's list of requirements and her apparent blind spot on her own red flags is not uncommon.

In fact, it's extremely common.

I mean, think about it. She is sporting some of the most glaring red flags that there are, and she really and truly doesn't understand why she can't land a fit, tall, child free, financially stable white man. In other words: the most eligible men in her age group.

Make yourself a male seeking female account on POF and go see what I'm talking about.
Just because it's common to your experience doesn't make it okay to generalize all women that way. Not that I should be shocked on this board.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr800-cr250 View Post
YES!!! I'm still 42 for two more months......so.....How YOU doin'?

Kidding....stop hitting me.....
Hehe. I'm not looking to have kids though. Apparently that's all women are worth, according to this board.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Bitter much? You made out my post to say something that it didn't say at all.

A man who wants a family, and sees that a 27 year old is a much better option than a 33 year old is just looking for a "babymaker"??? That's some twisted logic.

You give a man two options in women that look exactly the same and have the same attributes, only difference being one is 33 and the other is 25: the man will take the 25 year old every.single.time.

Sorry, it's just biology.

Sorry, not me. I'm more likely to be in a similar life place as the older woman and have more of a shared cultural background.

The only reason at 43 that I'm comfortable with my gf being as young as she is (38) is because she was out and about (going to shows, etc) and a younger age than most people so we shared a lot background era wise. Older women tend to be better in bed, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I'm 33 and I wouldn't touch a 43 year old now. You men need to stop generalizing stupid ****.
Pfft. Like you'd have a chance anyway!

Old 09-11-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:

A man who wants a family, and sees that a 27 year old is a much better option than a 33 year old is just looking for a "babymaker"??? That's some twisted logic.

You give a man two options in women that look exactly the same and have the same attributes, only difference being one is 33 and the other is 25: the man will take the 25 year old every.single.time.

Ah, but see, all things are not equal in the world. Your logic is seriously flawed there. And yes, a man who would reject a 27 year old because he doesn't understand a woman's fertility cycle and modern medicine has many more hang ups than just looking for a mate.

And no, I'm not bitter in the least. I have quality experiences in the real world that demonstrate to me how ****ed up the line of thinking on this board is.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:32 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,209,388 times

Old 09-11-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I have been lurking here for quite some time. Men complaining about women overstating their own relationship market value and refusing to compromise or see their own weaknesses is one of the most common threads on this board.

This thread is an excellent example.
Good for you. This forum is also packed with a lot of knuckle draggers who have some serious issues in the dating world. Don't pride yourself on relating to them.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:34 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,629,059 times
Quote:

So how is it that a 34 year old friend of mine just married a guy in his late 20s? Surely he had younger options, no?

Old 09-11-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Sorry, not me. I'm more likely to be in a similar life place as the older woman and have more of a shared cultural background.

The only reason at 43 that I'm comfortable with my gf being as young as she is (38) is because she was out and about (going to shows, etc) and a younger age than most people so we shared a lot background era wise. Older women tend to be better in bed, too.

Pfft. Like you'd have a chance anyway!
Oh come on. You know you are the exception to the rule
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.