Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 10:23 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post

And in that regard she is no different than the vast majority of women on dating websites.

Ergo: Dating websites are a waste of time in most cases, if you are a man.

LOL, true. Women are cray cray!!!

Old 09-11-2014, 10:54 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
Face it lady, the good ones have been snatched up and are going to be pretty hard to find. For anyone that's there, you're going to have some competition, and that includes women younger than you, prettier than you, and many without children. Good luck. You shouldn't be surprised. In the dating world, young attractive women with no kids are very desirable, but the young men not so much because they don't have a lot of money or status yet. Fast forward, 15-20 years, now the men have more to bring to the table, but the women are older, lumpier, saggier, and probably with a kid or 2 in tow. Not as hot a property anymore. Plus the man have gotten smarter and savvier at the dating game. They're also not as quick to get into a committed relationship.

About 15 years ago, I met up with a HS friend of mine. We were both mid 40's and he was newly divorced. He was having the time of his life. He had 3 women that he was dating and getting lots of sex from all of them. I knew another guy that was widowed at about 45. He had a pretty good job, but not great. He actually had women over at his house arguing about who was going to clean it for him. I knew another guy who was short and about 60, but had a good job and he was OK looking for his age. He had a 40 girlfriend. He told me that he had dated women who, after one date and a roll in the hay, threw house keys on the table in the morning and asked him to move in.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:57 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Face it lady, the good ones have been snatched up and are going to be pretty hard to find. For anyone that's there, you're going to have some competition, and that includes women younger than you, prettier than you, and many without children. Good luck. You shouldn't be surprised. In the dating world, young attractive women with no kids are very desirable, but the young men not so much because they don't have a lot of money or status yet. Fast forward, 15-20 years, now the men have more to bring to the table, but the women are older, lumpier, saggier, and probably with a kid or 2 in tow. Not as hot a property anymore.

i think carboncountryliving would deem you as a knuckle dragger.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:59 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Face it lady, the good ones have been snatched up and are going to be pretty hard to find. For anyone that's there, you're going to have some competition, and that includes women younger than you, prettier than you, and many without children. Good luck. You shouldn't be surprised. In the dating world, young attractive women with no kids are very desirable, but the young men not so much because they don't have a lot of money or status yet. Fast forward, 15-20 years, now the men have more to bring to the table, but the women are older, lumpier, saggier, and probably with a kid or 2 in tow. Not as hot a property anymore.
thats why I so enjoy watching the Hallmark Channel

Old 09-11-2014, 11:08 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSlipper View Post
Yep, that's the only place where what the OP desires actually happens.

Lol!
That and Lifetime.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:42 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,240,598 times
The cougar thing is getting more and more pervasive it seems lol.

I have a 57 year old and a 54 year old after me at the moment & neither are taking the hints that I'm not interested.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:29 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,579,331 times
Maybe, just maybe...... you should sit down, take a look in the mirror and ask yourself the same questions you'd be asking a man, but only answer from his point of view. you said......

I want:-employed-Caucasian-self sufficient -good finances-zero drug use-age 30-40 ( I am 35)-thin to average weight-taller than me-likes kids-preferably does not have kids-close to my location.

It's all about you, what you want, what about him? It's a give and take world, you win some- you lose some.
You might want to try looking elsewhere besides online dating services... most if not all are there for a reason. Try some slow grocery shopping on Saturdays and/or Sunday. Working men are not there during the work week. Try joining/going to church, some but not all men do attend sometimes, and if you do; then you must attend the social events of the church to mingle. You get to talk to and learn about the OP without the dating scene. Are you easy to talk too? Oh! forget I ask that. Get over yourself, Get out of your shell and see what happens...sometimes sh_t happens for a reason and remember; It takes two, two too give and take.
two too talk & listen.
Best of luck in your search,
I already feel sorry for the poor fool.......

Old 09-11-2014, 12:50 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
Why do some women get angry when men date younger women....but they think it is perfectly ok when a woman insists that the man has to be tall? Or that that she wouldn´t accept a man who earns less money then she does?

It seems like some women get really upset if they discover that some men have their standards too.

How is a guy who is attractive to many women because he got his act together and is successful in life and demands a younger woman any different from a hot-looking young woman who wants a man who is tall and good looking?
This.

rs4 fan must spread around more reputation before he can give anymore to GabrielKnight.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:36 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
I didn't realize what a catch the OP is. Claims to be "self sufficient", yet less than 6 months ago posted that she is on WELFARE. When did being on welfare, and probably food stamps also, become defined as "self sufficient".

The OP previously posted:
Quote:
Why do some people take every opportunity to verbally attack people on assistance? I am constantly reading posts on forums and social sites that indicate that anyone one welfare or food stamps is a greedy, lazy freeloader.

That is not the case. As a single mom of two children, we are on welfare. I work 40-50 hours a week in addition to maintaining a household and raising children.

I know way more people that work full time and get assistance, then I know that do not work and get assistance. Help me understand.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:03 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I'm 33 and I wouldn't touch a 43 year old now. You men need to stop generalizing stupid ****.
LOL, I'm 33 and recently went out with a 43 year old (oldest guy I've ever gone out with), but never would have been interested in him in my 20s or even earlier 30s. If he can get someone in her 20s, good for him. He was decent looking, but not nearly as attractive as comparable men in their 20s and 30s. He did, however, have a somewhat impressive career which is why I considered him, but I still doubt women in their 20s are lining up to date him.

My point is that I think both men and women overestimate their "market value", but I have no problem with men wanting and dating younger women if they can actually attract those women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.