Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 04:29 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,973,291 times

Advertisements

What's your reaction to someone, girl or boy, you realize has that? Sensors, processors, and especially weapons?

To someone who isn't, hasn't been part of the military, that phrase doesn't mean much. But to those who have been, what's your reaction realizing that the person you are talking to IS built like that?

Briefly, analyzing every word being said, every move? Someone who is considering every aspect, every possibility?

What is your next move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 04:31 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
what?

Old 09-17-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
what?
Well, briefly stating, someone is telling me something and I am internally questioning why is he telling me this, what brings him to telling me this, what brought us together........................

...................and he realizes that. What's "your" his reaction, what's your next course of action?

Back to the topic title. I have the full combat suite. Every piece of input is considered. Every item is processed to its meanings, its alternative meanings. Every item is considered against full offensive response.......

.....and the boy or girl realizes this. What is one's next course of action?

Old 09-17-2014, 04:41 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
What is your next move?
I am walking backwards, slowly, towards the doors, trying not to make eye contact.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:44 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
I'd put this in the not datable category for me, personally. Even this phrasing is pretty whack.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'd put this in the not datable category for me, personally. Even this phrasing is pretty whack.
Okay, let's put simply.

Would you date a woman you realize would have no trouble beating you up, taking you out at a half a mile with a rifle?

Old 09-17-2014, 04:52 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,992,608 times
I think it's fine, as long as the person is not paranoid, and is capable of building trust at what I consider a normal depth and speed.

IME, people who have paranoid delusions will eventually have them about the person they are dating. So that's a no-fly.

Quote:
Okay, let's put simply.

Would you date a woman you realize would have no trouble beating you up, taking you out at a half a mile with a rifle?
Yes. Or a man

OTOH, I would not date a man (or woman) who only dates people he/she can beat up. If they need to always have the upper hand physically, then they have issues I don't want to deal with.

And of course we are talking could, not would . The physical ability is ok -- the mental desire to is not!

Last edited by NilaJones; 09-17-2014 at 05:24 PM..

Old 09-17-2014, 04:54 PM

22,569 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Quote:
What's your reaction to someone, girl or boy, you realize has that? Sensors, processors, and especially weapons?

To someone who isn't, hasn't been part of the military, that phrase doesn't mean much. But to those who have been, what's your reaction realizing that the person you are talking to IS built like that?

Briefly, analyzing every word being said, every move? Someone who is considering every aspect, every possibility?

What is your next move?
Walking out the door and avoiding all future contact.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:00 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Guarded and combative ... Sounds super fun. I think a good-looking man could pull this off, but if you're female I doubt most men would bother.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Walking out the door and avoiding all future contact.
AND

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think it's fine, as long as the person is not paranoid, and is capable of building trust at what I consider a normal depth and speed.

IME, people who have paranoid delusions will eventually have them about the person they are dating. So that's a no-fly.

Yes.
Both answers are fair enough.

But motivated by that question of those without children, can they be happy, I am one of those people and I do have the full combat suite in sensors, processors, and weapons.

So, I have to wonder, in a world that didn't come from such, how do they view "us"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Guarded and combative ... Sounds super fun. I think a good-looking man could pull this off, but if you're female I doubt most men would bother.
Well, two sided world, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships