Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 03:28 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Then how are you a professional?
He's interning. Quick learner, isn't he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 03:37 PM

295 posts, read 307,903 times
OP, did you go to lunch together? How was it?

Here some signs she is into you:

- she closely listens to what you have to say
- leans forward
- smiles constantly, maybe even laughs at your bad jokes
- frequently stares into your eyes, till the point you feel uncomfortable
- said she had a good time and that you should go out for lunch again

Old 09-24-2014, 03:44 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,783,705 times
Something tells me the OP got scared and bailed.

Why do people make their own lives so difficult?

Old 09-24-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Something tells me the OP got scared and bailed.

Why do people make their own lives so difficult?
Could he really have been that shy and fear-driven? I was thinking he probably went to lunch/dinner with her, and is now living happily ever after, relatively speaking. Too busy to post. Though it would be nice to have an update.

Anyone up for placing bets?

Old 09-27-2014, 11:51 PM

119 posts, read 106,700 times
I saw her today and we had fun. She wished I knew Salsa dancing so we can go Salsa dancing together.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locust225 View Post
I saw her today and we had fun. She wished I knew Salsa dancing so we can go Salsa dancing together.
Salsa dancing is cool. Take a few lessons. Somebody where you live has got to offer lessons, it's pretty popular.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:40 AM

158 posts, read 144,210 times
Quote:
See if she will go with you for some lessons.

Wear proper shoes. Leather bottoms at minimum if you can't afford dance shoes which are suede bottomed. No damned sneakers!

Old 09-28-2014, 07:48 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times
Quote:
Tell her you want her to teach you.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:09 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,001,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Kids these days, I swear to GOD. Forget terrorists and nuclear weapons. Anxiety about semantics is going to kill off our species.

Honey, she wants to spend time with you. Whether it's a "date" or a "casual hangout" is up to YOU and how you treat her.

Are you into her? Would you LIKE it to be a date? Then do something about it while you are with her. Don't waste time. Make plans with her TODAY.
That would be because they only communicate by text or Facebook. There is no such thing as face to face or phone calls anymore

Old 09-28-2014, 09:02 AM

158 posts, read 144,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Tell her you want her to teach you.
Ok my alter ego is talking now. Unless she has massive amounts of Salsa experience or she is an instructor herself she probably isn't capable of showing anything beyond basic, quarter turns, shines, and open box. An experienced dancer could probably show you how to maintain a good frame.

Cross body lead is an essential entry step and that will likely be a step that she wont be able to teach you because you are doing completely different things from one another. To properly lead it you have both hand and relative frame changes from one another.

Will she be able to teach she goes - he goes - she goes turns? Maybe... She is going to need to be pretty critical the first few outings too.

Most club salsa is freaking fast so you need to be schooled on timing and what measure to start dancing.

Finding a club that does early evening starter lessons or a studio is the way to go so that things can be broken down piecemeal for you.

Some people are gunshy about learning "live". Learned that the hard way. After an absolutely fantastic first date at a swing club (where we met up for the early evening lesson) I took a lady out to a salsa club for the second date. Street salsa. My bad it actually intimidated her and she pretty much locked up on me for the evening.

Way back when I was very good one of my goals was to be able to teach ladies the basics, but that was after 4 or 5 years of lessons when I was at silver levels in a good number of dances. Actually, tried going for one of the most unusual of relationships the platonic perma dance partner where I was teaching her. Not too perma though - lesson learned ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships