Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:33 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,902,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
And the extra 10% after that just want someone who's good at math

I'm just teasing!
OMG, now you know my secret, math was my worst subject in school!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 06:51 PM

432 posts, read 492,883 times
I have a good professional career and am paid well. Women are hardly all over me. :-/

Old 09-27-2014, 04:27 PM

1,924 posts, read 1,301,667 times
I dont think that survey/study is true. At least not in my age group. In my age group, its all about social status and "coolness". A guy my age can talk about his job or employment all day and that doesnt sway women in my age group one way or another. Trust me. Been through this already.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,767,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
I have a good professional career and am paid well. Women are hardly all over me. :-/
I don't know why, you have all the right ingredients...you play guitar, like metal, heroes include Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking...what is there not to like about you. Plus you have longish hair, that gets special brownie points.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
+1 Same here. I honestly believe the study was conducted by women. LOL. They just put out statistics of what they think society would want them to want in a guy.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:47 PM

102,302 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
+1 Same here. I honestly believe the study was conducted by women. LOL. They just put out statistics of what they think society would want them to want in a guy.
That's right. If it's not a right-wing conspiracy, it's a fem-wing conspiracy. Nothing is real anymore, it's all propaganda for one side or another.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's right. If it's not a right-wing conspiracy, it's a fem-wing conspiracy. Nothing is real anymore, it's all propaganda for one side or another.

So true! They are creating a big gender gap.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:27 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,420,268 times
It says that 20% of the population over age 25 has never been married. Out of that twenty percent, about half want to get married.

Out of that half, 78% of the women wanted a working spouse.

That's really not that big of a statistician you think about it, because the subset is only about 10% or less of the population.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:33 PM

102,302 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
So true! They are creating a big gender gap.
My comment was sarcasm. Most women are looking for a spouse with a job. What's so surprising about that?

Old 09-28-2014, 12:37 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,115,643 times
This is my take on the situation. In the past decades, more and more women have been going to college and slowly climbing up the ladder while some men have fallen through the cracks of things. In the past 40 years economics of the country has changed. Its not the feminist movement that pushed women into the labor market, its economic unraveling such as oil crisis, recessions and the decline of male wages that put women into the work force. Industrial jobs moved out of the North to less unionized South or out of the country as a whole ,while the country shifts to information and service type industries.

One of the big problems is the increase of unmarried is due rising cost of education which can contribute some for holding off marriages or starting families to much later time for both men and women. Women who are educated and career type go for men who are highly sought after by whole bunch of other women making these men settling down a bit elusive while ignoring men who might be economically stable but willing to settle and partner up! Naturally women like to date up, but how can women date up while they are also moving up themselves. A generation ago, women did not have much working options, so finding a man with a stable job or a good job was key to sustainability. Women can pair up with men on their level, but they are not much men on their level. But again I think this survey must have been taken in some careerist type city like DC or San Francisco or NYC which have plenty of educated career singles. So far it looks like being highly educated and overly zealots careered person is having a negative effect on the USA as a whole when it comes to dating, marriage, and family planning.

I don't want to criticize here, but women these days need to be smart about who they go for. Are they willing to go far Max Jensen, a blue eyed Waspy guy with a degree from Baylor and has a corporate job, who gets plenty of attention from all sorts of women, or go for a Joe the Plumber who is family oriented, a great guy to be around and has an college education from a public university. If not join the club of millions of American women who are single past 35 by enjoying a cosmo and cupcakes while making kids become more difficult or join the single moms club!

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 09-28-2014 at 12:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships