Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 06:35 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,015,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I guess the reason so many women seem to be looking for a spouse with a job is because there are so many men willing to financially support a non productive and financially deficient wife in favor of feminine qualities while at the same time productive and financially efficient women are not willing to support a non productive husband.

I just wish men would stop complaining about how they are taken to the cleaners.
well, as they say, you are on the money on that one. but as far as taking men complaining about being taken to the cleaners, it sure would help if more women were agreeable to prenups, even if it was just for establishing a level of predictability. i mean, why don't feminist encourage more women to do that???? well for one thing, many men now see the divorce and child support laws as wealth redistribution.

and as i've sure you have seen, sometimes when a women discovers her husband is cheating, often she goes out to find a laywer who will "take him for all he has got", or words to the effect. well, okay, i get the emotional scorn. but i am sure you are equally away, many women cannot find it within themselves to muster up the strength break off an LTR or file for divorce without some other guy being on the receiving end to "console her" through her heartbreak and difficult times. does a guy see to it take the same emotional payback approach, nope. it was probably his fault anyway. yeah, i'm sure there are other factors, blah blah blah. but you know what i am getting at...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 10:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,096,353 times
First of all how can a man date and not have a job? I would think if he was unemployed he would want to spend most of his time finding a job since UC is only 6 months in 2014. Just like someone wants me to meet her in Atlantic City this month and if I didn't have a job would I really want to pay for a train ticket and dinner while receiving unemployment.

So yes a man should be working if he has interest in dating.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:37 AM

36,670 posts, read 30,967,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
well, as they say, you are on the money on that one. but as far as taking men complaining about being taken to the cleaners, it sure would help if more women were agreeable to prenups, even if it was just for establishing a level of predictability. i mean, why don't feminist encourage more women to do that???? well for one thing, many men now see the divorce and child support laws as wealth redistribution.
Your making my point. As a feminist, I encourage young women to be educated and self sufficient and to never put their total financial dependence in another.

Why would a woman agree to being in a position of not having anything after years of marriage. No home, no car, no money, no income potential, no job, no credit, no future. Why don't men just realize that accepting full financial responsibility for another person is a ongoing commitment. If you take away someone's ability to grow as a person and learn to provide for themselves you are then responsible for their well being. So if one chooses to do this they should not bemoan their responsibility.
If many men now see divorce as wealth redistribution why do they not care if their mate has no job or earning potential for years knowing the courts are not going to allow them to leave this person destitute? If you had a working spouse it would not be redistribution because both parties were earning the wealth.

Also, why are child support laws redistribution of wealth, should you not be responsible for your own child's well being either? I never did begrudge financially supporting my children.

Quote:

and as i've sure you have seen, sometimes when a women discovers her husband
is cheating, often she goes out to find a laywer who will "take him for all he
has got", or words to the effect. well, okay, i get the emotional scorn. but i
am sure you are equally away, many women cannot find it within themselves to
muster up the strength break off an LTR or file for divorce without some other
guy being on the receiving end to "console her" through her heartbreak and
difficult times. does a guy see to it take the same emotional payback approach,
nope. it was probably his fault anyway. yeah, i'm sure there are other factors,
blah blah blah. but you know what i am getting at
Really, you don't think men who have had their wife cheat on them feel and act on the emotional scorn in divorce court. Divorce court, how about in the news where they just go out and shoot her. This unfortunately occurs in both genders as does having something on the side before filing for divorce.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:15 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,807,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I dont think that survey/study is true. At least not in my age group. In my age group, its all about social status and "coolness". A guy my age can talk about his job or employment all day and that doesnt sway women in my age group one way or another. Trust me. Been through this already.
What's your age group? What would you consider social status and coolness?

Old 10-03-2014, 04:20 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,807,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
My thoughts are.. we live in completely different times.

Globalization and market monopoly, oligarchy, as a whole has systematically changed the landscape of what people call freedom.. and that also includes a multitude of factors in how/what people define as happiness..

It's almost a privilege these days , it seems. It's tough for a lot of people not just single men, single moms, single dads, elderly folks trying to make a dime just to feed themselves, the younger millennia generation..

Lots of people can't make unilateral moves or climb upwards in social mobility when there is an obvious financial disparity.
Technology-aided by an increasing population-has systematically changed the landscape. Yes, globalization has played a role, but technology is the x factor, and it's only going to get bigger with each passing year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships