Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 10:01 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Dude, she could also get hit by a Mack truck tomorrow.
As could any "healthy" girl he wishes to date. Stuff like this is why I am always amused at the "I'd like to date a BBW but have concerns for her health" crowd. Won't date her for health reasons but will date the skinny-fat smoker. This may not be the OP, but it's not uncommon to see it around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 10:02 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:
Ha ha ha you couldn't have come up with someone better than that?? Like Brooke Elliott? Or Adele?
There are some legitimately attractive larger women, Honey Boo Boo's mom isn't it.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:06 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Ha ha ha you couldn't have come up with someone better than that?? Like Brooke Elliott? Or Adele?
My girlcrush is Emma Haslam. That big girl is strong and graceful. Check her out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4BPuZkpfrc

Last edited by convextech; 09-26-2014 at 10:34 AM..

Old 09-26-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
There are some legitimately attractive larger women, Honey Boo Boo's mom isn't it.
Agree. I tell people I like big girls and often the reaction is to respond with some hyperbole like, "would you be with honey boo-boo's mom?" But just because I like big girls doesn't mean I find ALL big girls attractive. This idea is absurd as assuming a guy who likes lean girls automatically finds all lean girls attractive.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:13 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Agree. I tell people I like big girls and often the reaction is to respond with some hyperbole like, "would you be with honey boo-boo's mom?" But just because I like big girls doesn't mean I find ALL big girls attractive. This idea is absurd as assuming a guy who likes lean girls automatically finds all lean girls attractive.
My wife is tall, (almost 6'3), so even her "ideal" weight is fairly high. These days, she's a bit overweight as am I, but neither of us has the BMI to make the obese category.

However, some larger women I find attractive:

Melissa McCarthy
Sara Rue (her weight goes up and down a lot)
Jessica Simpson when she was chubbier
Camryn Manheim wasn't bad back in the day

Old 09-26-2014, 10:27 AM

I am with you, SD. I also find Melissa McCarthy attractive. I think Adele is stunning. I am really not an avid follower of most celebrities so these two re the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

My wife is steadily losing weight. This is something she first wanted for herself and as I discerned her desire and effort to be legitimate I grew to support and want it for her too. One of these days she is going to clear me to share specific numbers, but for now that information is still classified. I started a thread on this a while back, discussing how my preferences have changed with her. And while I don't think I'll ever lose my appreciation for bigger girls, I'm very proud of my wife for wanting to make a change in her life and getting after it.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:46 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
What's BBW?? Bring Burgers With or something??

Old 09-26-2014, 11:58 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
What's BBW?? Bring Burgers With or something??
Already answered, read the entire thread.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:00 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
already answered, read the entire thread.

Saying you don't want a BBW may be shallow, but, don't physical health concerns justify that?-joke-over-head.jpg

Old 09-26-2014, 01:37 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Pulling the "I don't like it due to being unhealthy" is just a cop out.

Come on, if you don't like BBW who cares? It's not shallow, you just don't like it. I'd never date someone like that.
Obesity kills more people than smoking does..

So are you also saying it's unfair to not date smokers because of the health concern as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships