Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 05:09 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,986,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If you have enough you could start you're own trade union..........
Not looking to start my own country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 09:58 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,606,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Most can still have healthy kids from 40-45
This is absolutely not true. SOME can, for sure, and with fertility treatments more can now than in the past, but female fertility begins to decline dramatically at age 35, and half are unable to have a child (healthy or not) beyond age 41.

Fertility 101

Old 11-01-2014, 10:00 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,870,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiomanpulaus View Post
The ability to have healthy kids is very depedending on a normal woman's age, not men. Men can make a woman pregnant and give birth to healthy kids at his 70s. 40 to 65 men usually have no problems with their fertility. Women are at their best for pregnancy between 25 to 35, it is more dangerous in the 40s.

Many poor young women in poor countries can fulfill your wish to be a husband and dad if you have money.
Not according to the latest research results. Men's sperm quality starts declining around middle age. Don't take anything for granted, dude. Age catches up to all of us.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:05 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,222,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Not according to the latest research results. Men's sperm quality starts declining around middle age. Don't take anything for granted, dude. Age catches up to all of us.
Yes, sperm quality begins its decline around that time. However, males can produce sperm (that will lead to children) well into their 60s, whereas women generally top out at around 40-45 (meaning that they will not be able to give birth after that time).

Exceptions do exist, of course, but this is the general rule.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Yes, sperm quality begins its decline around that time. However, males can produce sperm (that will lead to children) well into their 60s, whereas women generally top out at around 40-45 (meaning that they will not be able to give birth after that time).

Exceptions do exist, of course, but this is the general rule.
What's the point of still being able to produce it, if it's flawed? If it carries risks of not having a normal kid?

Old 11-01-2014, 10:17 PM

52,322 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Who gives a F about the logistics of whether or not an older guy's sperm declines... the bottom line is that is you're an old enough guy to be worrying about sperm decline, you shouldn't be having kids to begin with......

Old 11-01-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
There's a big difference between "sperm quality starts to decline" and complete infertility. Yes, age catches up with all of us, and we should never take it for granted, but there's no denying that, on average, men are capable of reproducing decades later into life than women are. I'm not saying that's a good thing, particularly when you consider that men die earlier on average, but it's a biological reality.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Any 40+ year old guys here that still hope to have kids? What kind of women (maximum age) are you looking for, considering that you will date couple years and wait perhaps a year before trying for kids? What is the maximum age you will wait until you decide to drop the idea of having kids?
I'm in my early 40's and my current girlfriend is in her early 30's. We're undecided about children, but it's nice that the option is open. Personally, I don't want to have a child after age 45 or so, for a number of reasons, so that works out well timing-wise given that she'll be mid-30's then.

I throughout my mid-to-late 30's I mostly dated women who ranged in age from mid 20's through mid 30's. I only dated women closer to 40 (or over) if they weren't gung ho about having children. I found that women in their late 30's and early 40's who still wanted children were, understandably, on a timeline that was going to put too much pressure on the relationship from my perspective. I like to take things slowly in terms of building trust and commitment, and women who are wanting a child in the next couple of years don't have that luxury.

Hypothetically, if I were single at my age and still definitely wanting children, I would probably not date women over the age of 35 or so. Early 30's would be even better. That way we would have a few years to date, get to know each other, and decide if we want to have children together without things being rushed or pressured.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Who gives a F about the logistics of whether or not an older guy's sperm declines... the bottom line is that is you're an old enough guy to be worrying about sperm decline, you shouldn't be having kids to begin with......
That's what I'm saying. Just bc you can crank the critters out doesn't mean you should be creating kids with 'em. It's not really something to be proud of, or reckless with, either.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
What's the point of still being able to produce it, if it's flawed? If it carries risks of not having a normal kid?
All pregnancies carry a risk of "not having a normal kid."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships