Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 03:53 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,382,385 times

Advertisements

How much care does a turtle need that you would let your ex come over to take care of it?? My former employee sounds exactly like you. She broke up with her boyfriend and said "we're now friends." And so while she was on a trip she let him take care of her little doggie. The doggie survived but barely. When do young women "get" that when they are dumped there is no such thing as remaining friends with the person who dumped them. Am I missing something here?

And you are concerned about being alone on New Year's? You may not realize it, but you really do have more options than you know -- let him go and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 04:05 PM

22,308 posts, read 19,277,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
And you are concerned about being alone on New Year's?
I have to agree, generally "not wanting to be alone on New Year's" isn't a really good reason to justify staying in a relationship, question of theft aside for the moment....

Old 12-28-2007, 04:05 PM

10 posts, read 14,708 times
You did the right thing...accusing those people of stealing from you. You know they did it. You did not jump the gun...it is your good person and lonliness thats wants this relationship to continue and make up excuses as to who stole the money. Judge Judy says that if it doesn't make sense it's not true. I had my BEST friend steal from me several times and I blew it off, made excuses for them. They just kept doing it and with no remorse. When I called them out on it they lashed out at me, made up lies and they never looked back. This person has no remorse. Do not back peddle. You are right. You will see. So what you won't have a date for New Years...you will have your pride and dignity...that is more important.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:29 PM

672 posts, read 2,126,596 times
Well, if it's any comfort to you, we have these money thief "goblins" here in Missouri too. A few years ago, a girl I knew stopped by one afternoon and wanted to borrow a book from me. I was doing some laundry at the time, and had laid my billfold on a table located close to the bookshelf. I told her to help herself to my book collection, and browse all she wanted. I then went into my laundry area, leaving her alone for a time. She selected a book, thanked me, and then left. About an hour later, I went to a store to pick up a few things. There was twenty five dollars missing from my wallet, and there had been no one there except this girl, and myself. I didn't confront her right away, but within a week, I finally did. She denied it, of course, but it was her that took the money. I told her that while I didn't understand why she would steal from me, when I would have loaned her some money if she would have asked me, that I would give her the benefit of the doubt. Still, I also told her that deep down, I didn't believe her, no longer trusted her, and would very much prefer that she never came to my house again. Long story short, she stole money from me, it cost whatever type of friendship we had, and I never got the book she borrowed back either. But, in a very real sense, small losses such as this are valuable, I believe. They help us to weed out people who are un-worthy of our friendships in the first place.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:08 PM

130 posts, read 524,934 times
move on there are sooooooo many fish in the sea

Old 12-29-2007, 03:06 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,539,271 times
Seem a little too convenient that he left something of his behind at your place while only caring for a turtle. Perhaps they were both in on it; your ex too cowardly enough to steal from you himself, so his friend did the dirty work.

Either way, consider this a true and strong message of this person's horrible karma and never have another thing to do with them.

These are hard times. I don't care what any expert says, but I believe this to be a recession, and people are doing horrible things for money. Make 2008 the year you are grateful he is out of your life and that gratitude will grow into attraction of new and trustworthy friends.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:18 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,684,987 times
You definitely did the right thing. Stick to your guns.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:57 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,367,704 times
Keep looking forward without a second glance backwards. You're moving on to bigger and better things in the New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships