Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 07:52 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,199,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieG14 View Post
Actually, this is great and spot on. Thanks. I'm pretty sure the topic is going to come up when he comes over so this is what I'll say. Thanks bunches!!
Ummm...is it the truth???

Old 10-04-2014, 12:39 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,583,486 times
If you really want to keep him the best thing you can do is be apologetic and tell him "we should never bring up 'douche bag' again and it was a mistake and I'm so happy I have you now". You could tell him the truth, but that probably won't go over well. If he keeps harping on it then you need to leave him, but it's tough for guys especially at a young age and even more especially if they know the guy.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:43 AM

52,417 posts, read 52,940,397 times
For some guys knowing that you've been intimate with a guy he knows is a little rougher... it makes easier if it's just some faceless dude that the he doesn't know.... not sure how to answer other than that.......

Old 10-04-2014, 12:53 AM

11,173 posts, read 8,029,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
For some guys knowing that you've been intimate with a guy he knows is a little rougher... it makes easier if it's just some faceless dude that the he doesn't know.... not sure how to answer other than that.......

Yup.. Might be a little awkward especially if the guy other guy is going to be around.
Good luck with that one OP.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:06 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,242,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieG14 View Post
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost half a year. Recently we started to talk about moving in together and getting serious. Yay!!! Anyway to make a long story short, he recently was told that I was with a guy he's heard of. That guy has a rep and it's not good. He asked me if we dated and I said yes but that it didn't mean anything and was for a really short period of time. Of course he asked if I slept with him. I didn't want to lie so I said yes but again emphasized that it didn't mean anything. He then asked why we waited a while to get intimate and again I was truthful and told him I thought what we have is special and really meaningful so I didn't want to jump into "things" quickly.

He just doesn't seem to get this. He sees it sort of opposite and feels weird. I don't know how else to explain it to him. To the guys here, is this how guys think? Also, to the women here, how can I better explain it to him? It's sort of started to affect us and I want him and me to be like before.

Here we go again.

1. The talk about moving in together is very premature. You haven't even been through a full set of seasons.

2. Your past relationships are none of his business. You do not owe him any further explanation. Once you said that yes, you dated the other guy, he should have shut up and left it alone, and when he asked you about whether you had sex with the other guy, you should have told him that further details were none of his business. Unfortunately, the cat is out of the bag, and now your boyfriend is showing you that he is a tool more concerned with how quickly you satisfied his penis than how well he gets along with you. That he is busy comparing "wait times" with the other guy means he is nowhere near as mature as necessary to live with someone.

3. That you don't see this and have to ask strangers on a message board about it means you're not experienced enough or mature enough to move in with someone, yourself.

If you want to continue dating this guy, tell him that your past sexual encounters are between you and the people you had them with. If he doesn't like that, he can take a flying leap at a rolling donut.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:12 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,242,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
If you really want to keep him the best thing you can do is be apologetic and tell him "we should never bring up 'douche bag' again and it was a mistake and I'm so happy I have you now". You could tell him the truth, but that probably won't go over well. If he keeps harping on it then you need to leave him, but it's tough for guys especially at a young age and even more especially if they know the guy.
Are you kidding? What does she have to apologize for? OMG, she slept with someone else faster than she slept with him! HORRORS!

Please. Her boyfriend sounds like an insecure child.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:56 AM

295 posts, read 308,308 times
Arg, ... sex is just a natural act and part of human nature. I happens, when two adults mutually agree to have it. It's not that a woman GIVES sex and a man TAKES sex. A man doesn't win a prize, seriously.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:09 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,027,355 times
Look like he is jealous. Don't rush to move in take things slowly. Be honest this sort of people will be hard to live with. My ex was that sort of. If I talk to another man who is handsome taller and sort to say attractive, huh got to hear many. So watch out if you want to be with this man you mention.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:27 AM

17 posts, read 23,707 times
yep I'm with the posts that let him know that you wanted to sleep with him but liked him too much to have the potential ruined with sex! feed the ego cause thats what it sounds like is hurt here..

Old 10-04-2014, 04:13 AM

295 posts, read 308,308 times
I've always wondered why guys on the internet differentiate between the "good guys" and the "bad guys". Seems like some red pill-bs.

So the ugly introvert, who is not able to attract women, is the good guy and the attractive extrovert, who is successfull in dating, is the bad guy?`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships