Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 06:36 PM

783 posts, read 849,481 times

Advertisements

Ok so I found this article.

11 Reasons Why Men Never Pick The Good Girl And Why They Should

I've always been the good girl kind of guy. Party girls, drama queens, b*tchy girls, hard to get girls, etc. never did it for me. After the physical beauty what attracts me to girls is how I feel when I'm around her. Is she affectionate? Warm? Does she make me feel like a man or am I having to prove that I am man enough for her constantly?

So all in all I disagree with what this article writes as it pertains to me. I am curious how the other men feel about the article and what the women think of it as well.

1. Men conflate “bad” with sexy.

True.
2. Men are gamblers, risk takers.

I am socially and fiscally conservative, so this is not me. I do take calculated financial risks because I am an entrepreneur.
3. Bad girls are usually better in bed.

Been with two women, both good girls so I wouldn't know but it is probably true.
4. Although emotional pain sucks, men kind of like it.

Not for me.
5. Good girls can come off bland.

I will take bland but affectionate and caring over a spicy b*tch any day.
6. Men like women they have a difficult time figuring out.

No, I like women that I can figure out. Hate head games.
7. Most men aren’t looking for a woman and thinking, “I wonder if she will make a good mother.”

I'm not looking for a mom for me, but for my future kids yes. If I am thinking short term I am not thinking this, any LTR I am thinking this.
8. Having a relationship on the verge of shattering, excites us.

Hell no.
9. Men like the uncertainty.

Hell no.
10. Men love danger – at least as a concept.

Again I am socially and fiscally conservative. While I like some spontaneity I stay away from stupid reckless mistakes.
11. We feel like good is easy to get – but, of course, we’re wrong.

If a good girl is worth having she is worth getting.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 06:41 PM

28,665 posts, read 18,775,862 times
I don't know any men these days who like crazy unless they are crazier. Yes, "bad girls" might equate to "easy sex" for a lot of guys, but that's as far as they're taking that relationship and they know it up front.

Good girls who don't get picked should learn that they don't want to be picked by the guys who don't pick good girls. Actually not even by some of the guys who do, but she should certainly realize she missed a bullet when a guy overlooks her because she's a "good girl."

Old 10-02-2014, 06:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
I hate crazy men too.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:44 PM

195 posts, read 177,758 times
The title of this article should be "11 Reasons Why Women Never Pick The Good Guy (for sex)."

Then replace all the references to men with women (vice versa) and this would all make sense!

Old 10-02-2014, 06:49 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Ok so I found this article.

11 Reasons Why Men Never Pick The Good Girl And Why They Should

I've always been the good girl kind of guy. Party girls, drama queens, b*tchy girls, hard to get girls, etc. never did it for me. After the physical beauty what attracts me to girls is how I feel when I'm around her. Is she affectionate? Warm? Does she make me feel like a man or am I having to prove that I am man enough for her constantly?

So all in all I disagree with what this article writes as it pertains to me. I am curious how the other men feel about the article and what the women think of it as well.

1. Men conflate “bad” with sexy.

True.
Good thread, man. A real relief from all the bogus OP's proliferating lately.

Men conflate "bad" with sexy. But "bad" girls =/= good sex, necessarily. Easy sex, definitely. But not necessarily good sex. The "good" girls tend to be full of surprises. And since they're generally more into their dude than the "bad" girls, who tend to be all about themselves, the sex, and everything else, is better.

I didn't read the article, but based on your post, it sounds like another pile of stereotypical crap. It actually sounds like one of those "women like bad boys" screeds with the genders switched out.

Airheadedness, nothing more. Pay it no mind.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:00 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
Hmmmm

Old 10-02-2014, 07:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I hate crazy men too.
yep, never go to bed with anyone crazier than you. and since raena and i are equally nuts, we seem to be a good fit.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:39 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
My friend dated a crazy woman. She got pissed off because she wanted to get married and he said no. Let's just say she lost it.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
Pick her for what? Most of the type can't even get to first base with a lot of women.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I didn't read the article, but based on your post, it sounds like another pile of stereotypical crap. It actually sounds like one of those "women like bad boys" screeds with the genders switched out.

Airheadedness, nothing more. Pay it no mind.
This summed it up well.

Seriously, you can't lump all men together.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships