Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 10:18 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,847,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I don't know any men these days who like crazy unless they are crazier. Yes, "bad girls" might equate to "easy sex" for a lot of guys, but that's as far as they're taking that relationship and they know it up front.
It's too bad they bring so many messed up kids into the world in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 10:53 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,122,815 times
It's just like when guys say women never pick the good guy too. Goes both ways. A decent guy with his life together is NOT going to go for a bad girl unless he has mental issues. If we define a good girl as being faithful, treats him well, doesn't have drama, doesn't spend his money, treats his family and friends with respect...shouldn't that be what guys want? Yet I've known guys who put up with all sorts of crap from women who treated them like dirt. Doesn't make sense to me.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:12 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,054,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
It's just like when guys say women never pick the good guy too. Goes both ways. A decent guy with his life together is NOT going to go for a bad girl unless he has mental issues. If we define a good girl as being faithful, treats him well, doesn't have drama, doesn't spend his money, treats his family and friends with respect...shouldn't that be what guys want? Yet I've known guys who put up with all sorts of crap from women who treated them like dirt. Doesn't make sense to me.

People do want that, but that isn't what is often called a "good girl", there may be elements of that, but it often includes things like she is non very spontaneous, doesn't really take chances, doesn't cut loose and party even from time to time, they've lived a very safe and protected / low key life. In other words, a rather nice, pleasant, kind, boring person.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:13 AM

2,931 posts, read 5,280,239 times
I've figured it out over the years.

It's not an issue of wanting the "bad boy" or the "bad girl". The secret most people need to understand is, whoever cares less in a relationship ultimately controls the relationship.

Bad Boys and Bad Girls usually carry the attitude of being the one who others have to submit to, thus caring more about themselves. People in general (women especially) usually will go for the one who appears more confident in themselves. Bad Boys/Girls usually display this trait, even if its not real, they're better at faking it.

Every time I watch Love and Hip Hop and look at some of those drop dead gorgeous women, but downright crazy and are brutal to other people and their feelings, I think I can do without that drama.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:15 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,211,702 times
Many guys date and marry the good girl but sleep with the bad girl on the side. Women do the same thing as well, date and marry the nice guy and bang the bad boy on the side

Old 10-03-2014, 11:17 AM

5,206 posts, read 4,684,136 times
Wait, why can't we have both? Marry the good one and have the bad one on the side for sex. Scary BradPiff, I posted this before seeing your post.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:42 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,985,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Many guys date and marry the good girl but sleep with the bad girl on the side. Women do the same thing as well, date and marry the nice guy and bang the bad boy on the side
And in other new....people cheat.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:59 AM

734 posts, read 1,084,929 times
So, in other words, nice girls are boring. Gotcha.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:06 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,636,223 times
I would like to know what exactly is a nice girl and what exactly is a.bad girl.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:12 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,204,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I would like to know what exactly is a nice girl and what exactly is a.bad girl.
I think, stereotypically, the bad girl is the "slooty", alpha *****, wild type that guys love to sleep & party with. And the good girl is the more old-fashioned "lady-like" one that guys would marry-but some marry her and keep a side dish.

But, as Timberline stated, Good Girl can be another name for boring, dull, submissive, etc. No fun at all.

For example, I was a poll online with Ginger and Maryann from Gilligan's Island. Which want did guys want. And almost all of them said they'd sleep with Ginger and marry Maryann

Ginger is the redhead, of course lol
http://dummidumbwit.files.wordpress....nd-maryann.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...34073faf22.jpg
http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/73...7e1e139c30.jpg
Ginger is the sexy, seductress movie star, even stated she's dated some swingers in the past. Maryann is the old-fashioned sweet girl-good cook, home-maker type. And the in-series, the 2 sailors, Gilligan and Skipper were nuts for Ginger. And the more straigh-laced professor preferred Maryann.

Last edited by HappyRain; 10-03-2014 at 12:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships