Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 03:34 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,874,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
Perhaps they are put off not only by the childish and rather boring life she enjoys, like others have said, but also because she sounds like a project. She is looking for a guy who will convince her to go on a roller coaster. That can translate into looking for someone who will take the lead on anything, which might sound like either too much work or stress for the average man.

I don't know.
It was written by her friend. I think she needs to fire her ghostwriter, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 05:41 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,771,035 times
She got two messages within a month? That's two more than I've gotten this year. Or last year. Although from what I've heard from other women, I'm surprised she's not getting more messages. For me personally and in all honesty, I'd probably skip over her profile because I can quickly see that I don't find her physically attractive. But still, I would think there would be at least a few men out there who would gladly message her just based on her photos. She's not my type, but I don't think she's ugly at all.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:27 PM

5,516 posts, read 9,516,959 times
Seems strange she got so few messages. Based on the incomplete information presented in the article, and if she were in my age group, I would have contacted her.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:20 PM

783 posts, read 851,653 times
I don't find her to be physically attractive personally. If she lost 30-50 pounds she would have better luck. My experience with OLD is women like to date up big time. I am a very fit guy but get women like her messaging me and they wonder why I don't respond.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:42 PM

814 posts, read 762,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I don't know how many times I have to tell you people that most men don't care what kind of job a women has, or what kind of degree you have or your personality or that you're funny or "witty". If they're not a attracted to you, they're just not attracted to you. Now that being said, the women in the article, she's probably not going to win any beauty pageants, but she's not hideous either. I would be interested to see exactly what kind of men she tries to message. She might be trying to date men who are out of her "league", she might need to lower her standards. I would also want to know why she wasn't interested in the men who did message her. Did she turn them down because of their looks? Is she being hypocrite. I think if people put as much effort and time into meeting people in real life as they do online they would have much more success.
You wrote everything I was thinking and yes she was probably shooting out of her league.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:55 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,820,547 times
You know if I saw this woman's profile in OLD, I'd message her but she'd probably "reject me before she acknowledged me." With her attitude, I'd probably get tired of her and her damn cat anyway real fast.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:15 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,581,655 times
My experience with OLD was pretty good. I got messaged quite a bit by attractive ladies. After the Brad Pitt picture was taken off "nothing". JK.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:29 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,114,215 times
Surprised she is not getting any messages since she is a nice looking woman. Now that is something you don't hear about everyday when it comes to a online dating site.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:33 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,114,215 times
I have to look at her picture again because she didn't look that big to me

Old 10-05-2014, 02:04 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,601,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The Internet is enabling too many people to live in weird bubbles.
I agree with that.

Anyway, I'm turned off by her for a number of reasons. She's desperate, she seems childish, she doesn't seem like she gets out into the real world very often...too much cat interaction, not enough people interaction. Not digging that "roller coaster" part at all. Nothing fascinating about her...she just seems bland. I like women who don't share too much too fast, and leave something to the imagination...the whole "getting to know you" thing unfolds more organically and is more fun that way. Her looks don't do anything for me either. Ultimately...she seems like the type that's hoping to find a man that will "fix" and "complete" her, instead of taking matters into her own hands and finding her own direction, motivation and happiness in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships