Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 02:19 PM

30 posts, read 33,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Wow that's low

It totally amazes me time and time again that in this day and age single parents are like singled out! We don't have Ebola people honestly

Yous won't date us, marry us etc as you don't like we're good enough yet you'll let us nurse you? Treat you? Look after you and your families? We're good enough for that?

The worlds so messed up!
Why that is low? My parents and grandparents worked really hard to accumulated their wealth over a half century. All they want is the next generation to have a better life. What is the point to work hard for other people's offsprings? you don't even see this kind of stupidity in animal kingdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 02:19 PM

36,867 posts, read 31,153,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajibacaonima View Post
yes, my parents would disown me if I marry a single mom, they said they don't want the family wealth go to a non-biologically related person. How often do you see an east asian man marry a single mom? maybe 1 in 100?
I see this attitude in a lot of people of my grandmothers generation.
What's funny is your probably better off having your "wealth" go to a non-biological person. I see so many kids totally blow thru and lose money and property inherited from their family.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What's funny is your probably better off having your "wealth" go to a non-biological person. I see so many kids totally blow thru and lose money and property inherited from their family.
They are my kids and share my genes, if they wasted the money, then it is my and my wife's fault that we didn't educate them well/. I can only blame it on myself/

Old 10-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Why would I give my wealth to a non-biological person? what I get from it?

Old 10-20-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'll be 25 in a month. Most women have kids around my age? Might as well stay single.
No worries, they are plenty of women in their mid-20s don't have kids, if you can't find them in U.S, go to Asia

Old 10-20-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incnr8r View Post
If she has kids she doesn’t want anymore by him and her kids always come first. The guy second. Always, and he knows it.
Yes, and she would expect you to put her kids first as well, otherwise, you are a loser

Old 10-20-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I always wonder where this assumption come from that you will be raising someone else's kids. No one else is raising my child but me and her dad... maybe I am not typical, who knows. But it really gets me that people think this. I find the whole idea that some man thinks he's going to have that much say right off the bat to be very presumptuous and maybe a little offensive (implying he thinks her dad and I, for some reason, can't do it ourselves).

Anyway, you asked single parents for their input to, so here it goes. I am divorced from my child's dad (he left me when he came out of the closet). But there isn't much drama in my life at all. My ex (my child's dad) and I get along really well for parenting purposes. Heck, we get along better now than when we were married, lol. We have joint/ 50/50 custody, although the reality of things is, I have our child 80% of the time. This does impact my ability to date, but I just make the most out of that 20%. I've also hired sitters on occasion (never for a first date, but for when I've dated a few times).

I am not interested in a man to "raise my child." Now, if you are going to think of dating as a means to marriage... I should note that I am not interested in re-marriage at all. I am interested in someone who can be a friend and lover. Not ruling out marriage, but it's not a goal of mine (if that makes sense). At best, at it's most extreme, a man who is dating me might play the same role in with my child as maybe an uncle or something. But most likely, the interact would probably be similar to the way my friends or other children's parents interact with my child.

Having a child hasn't lowered my standards, it's raised them. I will check criminal background now... something I never really did before. I am much more cautious when it comes to character as well... because it's not just me I need to worry about. And I also tend to prefer men with kids too--I want someone else who understands what it's like without making a bunch of stereotypical assumptions. Most of most men my age or in the age range I date are divorced with kids too if they are single. But it hasn't stopped men who have no children from asking me out and vice versa... with me, the man also being a parent is just a preference, not a necessity.

Men I date don't seem to care that I have a child and it hasn't been an obstacle at all to getting dates--planning dates might be challenging sometimes, but we can usually work around it. Then again, like I said, most men I date are also divorced single fathers (with a few exception of some divorced men who have no children). So they "get it." If men don't want to date me because I have a child, that's their choice/preference and I really don't care. Like I said, doesn't seem to effect me in the least bit.
This is a great attitude!!! I hope all the single moms could adapt your attitude. Men are not meal tickets!!

Old 10-20-2014, 04:16 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,278,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajibacaonima View Post
Why would I give my wealth to a non-biological person? what I get from it?
You are very selfish

Old 10-20-2014, 04:28 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,636,412 times
Quote:
Fine, start by disinheriting your own offspring that way, waste your money and keep your children without education to avoid them getting into student loans as well, sell your home and spend your days living until you waste everything so that they don't feel bound to that property you would leave behind yourself.

The other alternative is to stop talking nonsense.

And the last one is to seek for a single father and toss away all of your assets to fund his little boys and girls.

Just because you may recognize yourself as a single mother, it shouldn't be enough to start writing emotional posts in an attempt to justify something that goes against common sense. Children with a better start in life will likely achieve better. Money itself isn't all, it is also important to address the way the child is "steered" by the parents and their efforts to give good basis since early age, to build the "winner/achiever" mentality, then comes the effort to steer away from bad influences and stuff like that. But you cannot deny that money/assets play a very important role in your child's future achievement as well.

Last edited by nald; 10-20-2014 at 04:36 PM..

Old 10-21-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Fine, start by disinheriting your own offspring that way, waste your money and keep your children without education to avoid them getting into student loans as well, sell your home and spend your days living until you waste everything so that they don't feel bound to that property you would leave behind yourself.

The other alternative is to stop talking nonsense.

And the last one is to seek for a single father and toss away all of your assets to fund his little boys and girls.

Just because you may recognize yourself as a single mother, it shouldn't be enough to start writing emotional posts in an attempt to justify something that goes against common sense. Children with a better start in life will likely achieve better. Money itself isn't all, it is also important to address the way the child is "steered" by the parents and their efforts to give good basis since early age, to build the "winner/achiever" mentality, then comes the effort to steer away from bad influences and stuff like that. But you cannot deny that money/assets play a very important role in your child's future achievement as well.
Some of the women just can't handle the reality!! I mean at least in U.S, the government still give limited financial support to single moms. In china, no one cares. your kids, your problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships