Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 02:55 PM

14 posts, read 10,928 times

Advertisements

I met this foreign girl last year in work around march and started talking with her, the initial signs looked good, she laughed at my jokes, she found me easygoing and was easy to talk to, however we're always stalled on talking in work, we never went out for a drink or anything like that, but i saw personality qualities i liked in her and was being to find her attractive, however 2 months down the line she changed shifts as she got full time(she was on agency) so she did 4-4 off, but on the opposite shift, so i did a few overtime shifts to see her, but something was holding me back from telling her i liked her potentially in a romantic way, so it dragged out until August when i told her on Facebook, i needed to tell her something when i see her next on overtime. Anyway I pulled her to one side and told her 'listen i like you a lot', i not sure why I have these feelings, almost immediately she went on the sparing the feelings move. 'Oh i'm really surprised' She was also single, but she then said.. 'I kinda of have a boyfriend, but it's nothing serious' and ' i had a boyfriend for 2 years before and had another one before that, she said we can still be friends and don't get upset about it. After that i didin't see her for 2 months until she did overtime, but this time i blanked her out, didin't even say a word, a couple of days later she wrote this on Facebook, after I asked her for a reason why she wasn't interested/

She wrote

'Standards are pointless, it's just happens or it doesn't, it's something you can not expect, I never looked for somebody, so I don't know my standards. Every person is very different, so you can just feel if it works or not. If it makes you feel bad, ok, I understand that for you is better if we don't talk. I think that's where we had to start instead of pretending that I don't exist anymore'

How can you feel if it works when you have never been out for a drink.. was it physical or was my personality fall short romantically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 03:06 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turps89 View Post
I met this foreign girl last year in work around march and started talking with her, the initial signs looked good, she laughed at my jokes, she found me easygoing and was easy to talk to, however we're always stalled on talking in work, we never went out for a drink or anything like that, but i saw personality qualities i liked in her and was being to find her attractive, however 2 months down the line she changed shifts as she got full time(she was on agency) so she did 4-4 off, but on the opposite shift, so i did a few overtime shifts to see her, but something was holding me back from telling her i liked her potentially in a romantic way, so it dragged out until August when i told her on Facebook, i needed to tell her something when i see her next on overtime. Anyway I pulled her to one side and told her 'listen i like you a lot', i not sure why I have these feelings, almost immediately she went on the sparing the feelings move. 'Oh i'm really surprised' She was also single, but she then said.. 'I kinda of have a boyfriend, but it's nothing serious' and ' i had a boyfriend for 2 years before and had another one before that, she said we can still be friends and don't get upset about it. After that i didin't see her for 2 months until she did overtime, but this time i blanked her out, didin't even say a word, a couple of days later she wrote this on Facebook, after I asked her for a reason why she wasn't interested/

She wrote

'Standards are pointless, it's just happens or it doesn't, it's something you can not expect, I never looked for somebody, so I don't know my standards. Every person is very different, so you can just feel if it works or not. If it makes you feel bad, ok, I understand that for you is better if we don't talk. I think that's where we had to start instead of pretending that I don't exist anymore'

How can you feel if it works when you have never been out for a drink.. was it physical or was my personality fall short romantically?
She tried to nicely reject you, and you repaid her by ignoring her.

She's telling you that was not cool.

In short, treat people the way you would want to be treated.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:07 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
You're just not her type, for whatever reason. You didn't do anything wrong.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:09 PM

What and be friendzoned when i want more, sometimes being friends ain't good enough.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
What and be friendzoned when i want more, sometimes being friends ain't good enough.
That's your problem, not hers.

You're saying she has no value other than what she can do for you sexually.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:13 PM

It actually shows don't settle for second best, whilst I understand not every women will fancy you, being friends will **** you off especially when she meets someone.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:13 PM

307 posts, read 631,021 times
It is still rude to give a coworker the silent treatment at work. She didn't do anything to deserve that.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
It actually shows don't settle for second best, whilst I understand not every women will fancy you, being friends will **** you off especially when she meets someone.
That's fine. You don't have to be friends, but you could be decent and cordial.

Learn the difference.

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
She said she understood that for you, it might be better to not talk and visit anymore. So what more do you want, OP? It's too bad, but these things happen. You could be polite, and respond that it's too hard for you to be just friends, and besides, she's on the opposite shift to you, anyway, so your schedules don't coincide. (How can you be pretending she doesn't exist, if you have opposite schedules?) Or not. You can just let it go.

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
If she's single, 99% of the time it's your looks if she doesn't even want to go for a drink or whatnot.

Sorry bro, that's how the ball bounces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships