Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 06:20 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turps89 View Post
What and be friendzoned when i want more, sometimes being friends ain't good enough.

Then continue to act like an immature child and you will never have a chance with her romantically.
The way she put it to you there was still a slight possibility but you have tossed that out with the trash.

NEVER take Romance, Religion or Politics into the business you work for, it rarely ends well for either party and one or the other always gets their feelings hurt.

So all you have managed to do is make her lose any slight possibility of her looking at you romantically AND you have lost being a friend.

Congratulations, you did well, 2 birds, one dose of immature behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 06:26 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turps89 View Post
You're basically saying I think she's worthless. Even if you just say hello, any glint of communication can give you false hope she will change her mind, it won't.
Again, that's YOUR problem, not hers!!

YOU can only control your feelings. If you are going to dabble in the adult world of relationships, you will need to learn that some women will like you, and some won't.

If you absolutely cannot tolerate being around a woman who doesn't have the hots for you without acting like a child, you should reconsider whether you need to be trying in the first place.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:41 PM

14 posts, read 10,928 times
Love comes from when you're in a relationship.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:09 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes, you huffed and puffed and tried to blow my house down. Then you came back and told the OP the exact same thing I told him. "Be cordial." See post # 8.

So I guess my "tactics" weren't TOO repugnant.

Turps, don't try to punish her for hurting your feelings by ignoring her. Burning bridges means you never get anywhere.
If the guy still likes her but she wants friendship, it may be best to just move on. That could satisfy both her and him by not going through a complicated relationship.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
If the guy still likes her but she wants friendship, it may be best to just move on. That could satisfy both her and him by not going through a complicated relationship.
I agree!

Move on like an adult co-worker, not a middle-schooler.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:17 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I agree!

Move on like an adult co-worker, not a middle-schooler.
Yes, I pretty would never try to date in the workplace. That's where personal issues should be best left at home, IMO.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvincline47 View Post
The "friendzone" occurs when there actually is no platonic relationship. One person is interested in the other person romantically, only to be thwarted by the uninterested party. The jilted then settles for "friendship".
The friendzone occurs when one person wants "more" but is diverted by the other person into a platonic role.

The OP made it clear that he wanted "more" but did not get the chance to use his cool non-work moves on the co-worker. My whole point was that he could have accepted the fact that she was not into him and returned to his co-worker state. But he let his ego guide him.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:59 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
NEVER take Romance, Religion or Politics into the business you work for, it rarely ends well for either party and one or the other always gets their feelings hurt.
Definitely agree 1,000%! This is one of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard anywhere.

To give the opposite example from what was presented in the OP, I'm a straight guy and at various times over the years, some female co-workers have either hinted at or made it somewhat obvious that they would be interested in seeing me outside of work. Even though it was tempting at times, I never followed up on this because I knew ahead of time that it would always end badly (see more details below). I also didn't want to ruin my good working relationship with them. So, as it stands, I haven't dated anyone at work, no one's feelings have gotten hurt, and it's all good.

However, in my case it helps that the only types of relationships I can handle these days are one-nighters/casual hook-ups - hopefully with women I won't see again anytime soon. Since this is obviously not something I want to bring up with women I work with - and since I see them every day during the week - this had made the decision to not date them a no-brainer.

Lastly, even if the above weren't the case, the idea of seeing any women I work with outside of work would be a real turn-off, even if I were into them physically. I don't want to be reminded of my job when I leave the office.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:32 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
She doesn't find you attractive. Sounds like she isn't repulsed by you, hence her willingness to be cordial and friendly at work.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:29 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Perhaps you're not the first borderline stalkerish personality she has dealt with who takes rejection poorly so she is being creative in her ways of saying no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships