Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 11:58 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

OLD is a good way to meet people, a lot of people. If I am ready to date again I thnk I would try OLD again. Match perhaps then plenty of fish.

My best friend met a super cute girl online and she is really sweet. I met a lot of wonderful men on the internet when I OLD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 11:58 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. As I said before its hard to get motivation to write anything worth while when you feel that it won't even be read. If you think what I wrote lacked effort you should see what the inbox of a man looks like when he does get a message.
It's like newspaper writing... you have to reel them in with the first line. It's your lead. It's what makes them open the message among all the others.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:00 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
He lives in Montana. I think he has already exhausted his local inventory.
My observation is that women in small communites are less likely to use OLD, thus the pre existing male/female imbalance is magnified further.
I agree with the poster that said it is bad form to post the profiles of the women.
I agree with the poster that said a 2011 picture as your profile pic was a fail.
Yeah, I forgot that. Maybe the OP should consider longer distance dating (not sure how far out of his area he goes).

Old 10-13-2014, 12:04 PM

783 posts, read 849,674 times
Of course I go out and meet women IRL and use OLD to try to supplement, not replace dating. I run a business, starting my 2nd business next month and am a busy man. I don't do the bar scene.

I would like to think that I am the kind of guy that most women are looking for. Responsible, fit, educated, successful, not an a$$hole or a pansy, no kids, and looking for a LTR not hook ups. I am not jealous, controlling or have any psychotic issues (that I know of!). When the women don't even want to meet me half way it is hard to not start becoming jaded. I used to politely respond to women that wrote me but I wasn't interested in, not anymore. I just ignore them now like women that aren't interested in me ignore me.

There are about 100,000 people where I live so while its not metro it isn't super rural either.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:08 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Of course I go out and meet women IRL and use OLD to try to supplement, not replace dating. I run a business, starting my 2nd business next month and am a busy man. I don't do the bar scene.

I would like to think that I am the kind of guy that most women are looking for. Responsible, fit, educated, successful, not an a$$hole or a pansy, no kids, and looking for a LTR not hook ups. I am not jealous, controlling or have any psychotic issues (that I know of!). When the women don't even want to meet me half way it is hard to not start becoming jaded.

There are about 100,000 people where I live so while its not metro it isn't super rural either.
Most people are not psychotic. lol

I think you should just be patient that is all.

Not a big deal. A lot of people found true love later in life.

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Yes of course. Complete waste of time if you don't have good photos of yourself. My main thumbnail is the same photo I have on my profile here.
uh, dude..... I can see why they didn't answer. You need a better pic. You look like you were photo'd at the gym all sweaty after a workout. Give 'em a photo of you looking like you're about to meet 'em for a date, looking sharp. Try a smile. And keep in mind that all dating sites have a lot of dead accounts.

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,069,460 times
I still don't like the whole idea of dating. I prefer the other way, expand your social circle and look for "one thing leads to another" (like the 80s song by Fixx). Just seems like it would be hard to reach out to someone who doesn't know you and/or isn't in your life naturally and somehow make an emotional connection that way.

Neither will work for me, but the social circle way seems a lot more natural to me. Prior to the invention of things like the telephone and the automobile, that was surely how people met each other, instead of dating.

Like Ana-Lucia said to Jack on LOST:

Anna-Lucia: So, have you slept with [Kate] yet?
Jack: what?!?
Anna-Lucia: Well, you're hot, she's hot. It's what people do.

Isn't that the case?? I think it is. Well, it isn't what they do with ME, but among people who are attractive in body and mind, I think it is what people do. Dating is an artificial construct.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:09 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,217 times
Yeah, that Yahoo! toolbar was a terrible choice. Once you get rid of it though, your dating life should significantly improve.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:11 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Quote:

I would like to think that I am the kind of guy that most women are looking for. Responsible, fit, educated, successful, not an a$$hole or a pansy, no kids, and looking for a LTR not hook ups. I am not jealous, controlling or have any psychotic issues (that I know of!). When the women don't even want to meet me half way it is hard to not start becoming jaded.

It sounds like you are contacting the wrong women then. It seems more like their problem than yours even though it is affecting you. Maybe you are too sane for them. I don't know. If you live in a small area it can be a bit more difficult to find the right one. I live in a much larger area now, but I also know what it's like to live in a small city. It sometimes can seem like all the good ones are married or have tons of kids. I never really had trouble dating in that small city though. I just haven't really had the chance. I have been pretty much with someone straight for about ten years. With a couple months break in between. In my twenties it wasn't an issue, but I was also away at college. However, I can see how some of my friends back home have a hard time finding someone worth dating. The dating pool is slim, so was the job market. Upstate NY sucks..lol

Old 10-13-2014, 12:14 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,069,460 times
Quote:
I am not jealous, controlling or have any psychotic issues (that I know of!).
What? You have problems finding people with whom to be in a relationship, yet you don't suffer from psychological issues? All the people on here accusing others of having mental illness just because relationships aren't working out for them need to read this post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships