Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:18 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,016,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah.

also it seems like op only sent messages out to 12 women. just keep on trying. I am sure op would get responses.
I hope that too. Can understand. That is really feel being ignored,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 12:20 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,809,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
uh, dude..... I can see why they didn't answer. You need a better pic. You look like you were photo'd at the gym all sweaty after a workout. Give 'em a photo of you looking like you're about to meet 'em for a date, looking sharp. Try a smile. And keep in mind that all dating sites have a lot of dead accounts.
I took a look at the picture too. Yeah, you need a new one. I think NewbiePoster is right... try to make the picture one where you look sharp, like you are going out on a date. I read an just last night when I was responding to another poster it's what works and doesn't work in OLD photos for men (and women). The results were from the dating site, Zoosk. Big take aways for men, take a picture outside and try to avoid selfies. Also, include a full body shot.

You can read in detail here:

The perfect online dating pictures for men and women | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-13-2014, 12:22 PM

783 posts, read 850,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
What? You have problems finding people with whom to be in a relationship, yet you don't suffer from psychological issues? All the people on here accusing others of having mental illness just because relationships aren't working out for them need to read this post!
Maybe I'm crazy but just don't know it lol. Seriously though you don't build and run a successful service oriented business if you have terrible people skills. I do know that having good people skills doesn't mean you have good dating skills though.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:24 PM

545 posts, read 633,085 times
I tried OLD after already having success else ware. I quickly stopped using it because it was making me jaded. I've found that I succeed in strange scenarios ie: I am good at emailing but texting is like slaughter. I wish I could admin an OLD site so I could see what was really going on lol.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:27 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,156,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Maybe I'm crazy but just don't know it lol. Seriously though you don't build and run a successful service oriented business if you have terrible people skills. I do know that having good people skills doesn't mean you have good dating skills though.

You are not crazy. It might really just be your location. Just because others have found someone there, that doesn't mean that everyone will. Sometimes we make to light of where someone might live. As if some gorgeous beautiful baby is going to wander by that you have never seen before and fall in your lap. Having said that, people do move to new towns all the time and that's why I mentioned going to the bar. You will never know who moves to your town if you aren't out. You can't always go by the past when considering what will be of the future. Anything is possible.

People used to migrate for jobs, who knows maybe relocating for dating will be the next thing. I can see some remote places where people almost have to.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 10-13-2014 at 12:40 PM..

Old 10-13-2014, 12:28 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,868,953 times
I wonder if the OP's non-participation in the bar scene might be a deterrent with the local women there. You'd think that would be a plus, and I know women for whom it definitely is a plus. But I don't know what the scene is like in Montana. Undoubtedly you're narrowing your demographic with that preference. I'm not saying don't state that upfront, I'm saying you have to accept the fact that you're narrowing your appeal.

That doesn't address the concern in your OP, about women not even opening your messages. Aside from the dead accounts, maybe the women check the messenger's photo before opening the message? But you've only just begun, right? Make some adjustments per the recommendations people here have given you, and try again.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:34 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,074,963 times
Quote:
I wonder if the OP's non-participation in the bar scene might be a deterrent with the local women there. You'd think that would be a plus,
Oh man, not for me. Don't drink, can't dance, not looking for casual sex. That pretty much destroys all the reasons people go to bars, lol.

I did go to all the LGBT bars and many mainstream bars in the area once because I was looking for a venue to watch The L Word with people in a meetup group. Turns out that bars don't usually get that channel (showtime), and you couldn't hear the TV if they did. You can rent a private booth in some places (like Fahrenheit Lounge in San Jose), but that costs money and then I'd have to charge.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:37 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,212,919 times
Quote:

Aside from the dead accounts, maybe the women check the messenger's photo before opening the message? But you've only just begun, right?
Or they just look at the profile in stealth mode before opening the message. That is what I did/do.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:42 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,381,226 times
Look at your 3rd message. Look at several of your messages. I can't read the whole things, but some start out ridiculously terrible alone. No wonder you aren't getting responses.. Wow.. Please don't point any fingers for the issue here.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:44 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,868,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Oh man, not for me. Don't drink, can't dance, not looking for casual sex. That pretty much destroys all the reasons people go to bars, lol.
My point, exactly. The kind of women the OP is looking for are more likely to be found in places like the Bay Area, Portland, Seattle. Still, there must be some in his town and around the county, or within driving distance. And "driving distance" in a place like Montana is probably defined much more loosely than it is in urban areas. Still, the no bar-scene thing alone puts him a little outside the mainstream. And truth be told, being part Asian also puts him outside the mainstream. Sorry, man, I gotta call it like it is. You look like you'd have women all over you if you were in the Bay Area. Montana? Tricky. The population isn't known for its cosmopolitanism.

Have you tried attending events in the Native American communities there? They have annual and seasonal events that are open to the public. Or maybe you could figure out a tribal angle for your businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships