Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 01:53 PM

140 posts, read 191,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
9 weeks? You graduate in winter?

It sounds like you don't have much time to work with. I don't see much of a future here. And let's say you do get lucky and she warms up to you in the next couple of weeks. Then what? You have a little over a month to date her, and then....? Is she graduating in winter, too? This scenario isn't adding up for me.
I graduate a semester early. She probably graduates in May but I don't know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 01:54 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I agree, I knew lots of girls in high school who were like this. Someone would take their outgoing "nice" personality as flirting, when in reality its just her trying to be nice and friendly. If she was into the OP, he'd know it, no doubt about it. She'd be finding excuses to be around him, not just saying "Hi" in the hall.
Good point. Still, he said she regularly goes out of her way to say 'hi'. This is a little hard to read. Does the OP see her trying to hang around any other dude on a regular basis? I think the OP should at least give himself a chance. He knows she's available, bc she just broke up with a guy. It's worth a shot without getting his hopes too high. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheInternet View Post
I graduate a semester early. She probably graduates in May but I don't know
So what would be your plans, if you did get her interest, and start hanging out with her? Try to segue to seeing her outside of school? Then what? When do you go to college? I'm just trying to figure out if there's any point to this, if medium-term you each are gonna go your separate ways, anyway. Your HS experience is almost over. There'll be hordes of other women in college.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Good point. Still, he said she regularly goes out of her way to say 'hi'. This is a little hard to read. Does the OP see her trying to hang around any other dude on a regular basis? I think the OP should at least give himself a chance. He knows she's available, bc she just broke up with a guy. It's worth a shot without getting his hopes too high. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I don't see her hanging around other guys. I hardly see her at all anymore. She could have a boyfriend I don't know. We don't share any classes this year but I'll see her in the hallway or leaving after school

Old 10-21-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
So what would be your plans, if you did get her interest, and start hanging out with her? Try to segue to seeing her outside of school? Then what? When do you go to college? I'm just trying to figure out if there's any point to this, if medium-term you each are gonna go your separate ways, anyway. Your HS experience is almost over. There'll be hordes of other women in college.
True. She told me she was going to the local tech school which is where I was planning on going (not because of her), but I doubt I will end up there due to reasons I described in another thread

Old 10-21-2014, 02:12 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
I don't see her hanging around other guys. I hardly see her at all anymore. She could have a boyfriend I don't know. We don't share any classes this year but I'll see her in the hallway or leaving after school
Thats not really "going out of her way" thats just her seeing you in the hall giving you a Breakfast club hello.

If you really like this girl, stop ***** footing around, and ask her on a date, face to face. Don't leave a note, don't tell a friend of a friend, just walk right up to her and ask her out face to face.

If she says no, I'm sorry, then you'll have your answer. She may say yes. Only one way to find out.

I know you're in high school, but if you can start doing that now, you'll be much more of a man when you're in your 20's.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:27 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
This is how most girls are up until their early 30s IME. So unless you want to wait around for the next decade or so until she figures it out, I wouldn't anticipate anything romantic with her. She's going to be "all over the place" for the foreseeable future, until the point she realizes that she needs to change her mentality if she wants to land a decent guy.
Agree here. A lot of girls are flaky and I have also noticed that the flakiness does tend to decrease as they break 30+ and are looking to settle down.

Also agree w/ the poster who says that many of this girl's actions aren't really going out of her way to be in your presence or spend time with you.

I do not think you have too many options besides walking away and hoping that someone else who interests you comes along in the near future (which, given your life situation, probably will happen [College, internships, etc.]).

It's one thing if you were basing your actions on perceived signs of interest (or lack thereof) or following the 'if she's interested, she'll let you know' approach. In this case, you have directly initiated on more than one occasion and not gotten back a response. This has happened to me numerous times and the end result or implication is always the same: the girl got my message, text, note, etc. and chose not to respond. In select instances, I have followed up after a non response only to get a response saying that the other person was not interested.

Remember:

1) No response is a response (it means they're not interested [the same can be implied when you start applying for jobs])

2) IF someone wanted to spend time with you, THEN they would choose to do so either by responding favorably to your request or initiating themselves.

It's not that complicated. I was probably ~32 yo until I was as quick to pick these things up as I am now (@ 35) so it's good that you're having this experience and discussion @ such a young age. GL!

Old 10-21-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
True. She told me she was going to the local tech school which is where I was planning on going (not because of her), but I doubt I will end up there due to reasons I described in another thread
Well, if you're both going to remain local, there's some hope for a future to this thing, theoretically. But at this point, it's only theoretical. As I've said before, you have nothing to lose by giving it a fair shot. As others have said, flirt. Chat. See if anything happens in the next week or two, any visible increase in her interest. If nothing changes, you can downshift.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Thats not really "going out of her way" thats just her seeing you in the hall giving you a Breakfast club hello.

If you really like this girl, stop ***** footing around, and ask her on a date, face to face. Don't leave a note, don't tell a friend of a friend, just walk right up to her and ask her out face to face.

If she says no, I'm sorry, then you'll have your answer. She may say yes. Only one way to find out.

I know you're in high school, but if you can start doing that now, you'll be much more of a man when you're in your 20's.
Not trying to sound conceited, but I mean she used to talk about me with a lot of people. Last year in one of my classes a girl who sat in front of me said, "____ told me a lot about you." I asked if they were good friends and she said they were just casual acquaintances. SHE was the one who asked me for my number.

Then again maybe she is just really attention starved.

I might be moving in the next few months, so if I see her in person I'll ask her to do something with me and see what she says.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:49 AM
SF

286 posts, read 324,787 times
Quote:
High school student here. I met this girl last year in one of my classes due to us being lab partners. Somehow, we started talking and we started getting along. She's a good looking blonde and I'm an inexperienced guy whose not that great looking. Anyway, she started acting kind of flirty, but maybe that's just her personality (she's outgoing). She also seems to like guys who are nothing like me (big tough guys).

Every time she sees me at school she always seems excited to see, goes out of her way to say "Hey" and that she "misses me", etc. Yet every time I reach out to her I'm ignored. Yesterday, I sent her an offer to do something and it was ignored. When she didn't respond, I just left it.

Should I just stop talking to her altogether? I have no experience with women so I wouldn't know.

Well I am not sure what to say exactly but from what you have written it seems she might be physically good looking and so you are attracted towards her however I am not sure but her personality doesn't seem to be good. I think she is just using you as a time pass may be or she may be playing some mind games with you otherwise why would she reject you when you approach her?. I can't think of any reason.

It seems to me that you like her, don't you ?

This Women like that in future may play the game like jealousy with you, you also said she is flirty as well, right?. Again being flirty is not a good sign, being a guy you would not want such a woman , right?

Don't try to be with a woman who may play such mind games with you in future, don't show interest in such women. Don't approach such women, she doesn't deserve it, she is not worth it.

Hence it's up to you really, be careful, weigh your options and then take a decision. However if I have to give you my personal opinion then I would say

You should cease contact with her immediately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships