Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 11:19 PM

22 posts, read 21,658 times

Advertisements

I've been posting since I started dating this guy.

Basically, he's someone I met 1 year ago on Match and went out twice with. But as that time I wasn't emotionally ready so I politely let him know, and we cut out connection.

I contacted him over a month ago and he's still available so we started going out again. He seem to be very nice and sweet.

On 6th date, I stayed over his place and we tried to have sex. But his buddy quit on him every time he tried.

After the date. He never contacted me, so I took the initiative and texted him. He texted back then I asked him if he still want to do something this weekend. He never texted me back again! Just like that!

I feel really hurt. I would be ok if he would just say, sorry I don't think this is working, rather than go silence on me. I feel humiliated and disrespected. After dating over a month, I deserve a clear answer. I gave him a clear rejection after only 2 dates. And I thought he's a guy that had some class!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 11:25 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budongyedehei View Post
I've been posting since I started dating this guy.

Basically, he's someone I met 1 year ago on Match and went out twice with. But as that time I wasn't emotionally ready so I politely let him know, and we cut out connection.

I contacted him over a month ago and he's still available so we started going out again. He seem to be very nice and sweet.

On 6th date, I stayed over his place and we tried to have sex. But his buddy quit on him every time he tried.

After the date. He never contacted me, so I took the initiative and texted him. He texted back then I asked him if he still want to do something this weekend. He never texted me back again! Just like that!

I feel really hurt. I would be ok if he would just say, sorry I don't think this is working, rather than go silence on me. I feel humiliated and disrespected. After dating over a month, I deserve a clear answer. I gave him a clear rejection after only 2 dates. And I thought he's a guy that had some class!
I already told you this on one of your other threads, but it is apparently necessary for you to hear again...

WHY ARE YOU TAKING THIS PERSONALLY??

The dude has some kind of issue. Don't try to own someone else's problem. Love yourself better than that.

"feeling hurt" is a choice you are making.

I suggest you make a better one.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:42 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
On 6th date, I stayed over his place and we tried to have sex. But his buddy quit on him every time he tried. !
Perhaps he is embarrassed? It is not you. Like loves said, don't take it personally. Seriously, this is no big deal. He shouldn't have taken it personally either. You guys should both move on and forget about this.

best of luck.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:55 PM

22 posts, read 21,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Perhaps he is embarrassed? It is not you. Like loves said, don't take it personally. Seriously, this is no big deal. He shouldn't have taken it personally either. You guys should both move on and forget about this.

best of luck.
I thought about him being embarrassed, that's why I took the initiative and ask for a date but he completely ignored me. How rude! I don't deserve this ((

Old 11-05-2014, 11:57 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
I thought about him being embarrassed, that's why I took the initiative and ask for a date but he completely ignored me. How rude! I don't deserve this ((
aww. He is embarrassed.

You know when my aunt lost her two boobs (breast cancer), she didn't want any of us to look at her and would throw tantrum. I think it could be the same feeling with your male friend.

Nothing to do with you, sweetie. You are still hot. Just forget about this person, give him some time, and things will go back to normal for you.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:03 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Embarrassed or not, he clearly don't want to proceed. For some reason you didn't turned him on.
So let him be and move on. Can't you?

Old 11-06-2014, 12:34 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,619 times
Quote:
After dating over a month, I deserve a clear answer. I gave him a clear rejection after only 2 dates. And I thought he's a guy that had some class!
umm, okay, so his d*ck didn't work out with you, and just so i can understand your request better, are you now wanting him to verbalize something to that effect too?

Old 11-06-2014, 03:26 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,895 times
It looks like he feels shame about his "failure", maybe you should say him that you are Ok with that?

Old 11-06-2014, 05:20 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,006 times
Some people just shut down when hurt and humiliated, by any reason. Perhaps he doesn't feel the connection with you. It's not you it's him. You are a class act on yourself since you are givin' the guy a chance and he doesn't want to take it...it's his loss not yours.

Yes OP I think there has to be some class involved and communicate your feelings, but some people (due to several reasons, personality traits) are like that guy: evasive, silent, passive agressive so to speak.

Move along...there will someone else better.

Remember: Often what we want is not what we need.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:27 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
I know your having an emotional response, but try not to. This is all about him and really not about you at all. He is hiding from himself, and not from you. Sounds like he has some deeper issues too, considering the past where you two stopped seeing each other a while back and picked it up again.

Be confident in yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships