Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be open to marrying the type of man described in post #1 of this thread?
Yes 13 18.57%
No 57 81.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 10:04 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

I'm a man and can't really answer the question.... but I'm glad to see the women here say no.

No.

Love shouldn't be bought and paid for.

I wanna live in a world where love is mutual and respect is mutual and being together is a mutual desire.

Nothing predicated on numbers in an account.

I guess I'm just old fashioned.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 10:08 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Hell no.

My partner needs to be my best friend. Not my stylist, not my zookeeper, not my daddy.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:14 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
He's basically perfect for you in every way. But to be with him, you have to be a "trophy wife" and not a "career woman" or even a "working woman".

Would you want to marry such a man?
While this could be fun for some women the shelf life is probably 10 years at best, before a newer model would be needed. Anybody would would make their spouse's only responsibility to be their appearance, is probably one manipulative person. While on the surface the perks may seem appealing to some, imagine how much of a control you are giving up to that person. And what would you do once your expiration date begins to show? Do you really believe that anyone who wants a trophy wife would spend the rest of their life with her? He only says that to get you to sign the prenup

Old 11-15-2014, 10:22 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I'd love to hear what the rationale is from the handful of women who voted "yes". (If in fact they're actually women, that is.)

Old 11-15-2014, 10:28 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Hmmm this reminds me of a huge red flag I had years ago...
I was maybe 15 years old, dating a guy mid 20s...
He was obsessed with me....
We had intense chemistry together..Everything was so right with us....

One night, we were laying down together & he had tears in his eyes.....

I asked why are you crying, & his response was
"you're going to change...grow up....the world is going to change who you are right now"

I don't wanna be with someone who can't handle change, who can't accept it as a natural progression of life.
Been there, done that

The scenario you describe sounds like a creep trying to preserve someone....
That's disturbing....

Old 11-15-2014, 10:40 AM

234 posts, read 327,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'd love to hear what the rationale is from the handful of women who voted "yes". (If in fact they're actually women, that is.)
Before I voted "no", I thought I would marry a guy like that, why not. I'd save up all the money he gives me, make him buy me expensive vehicle (registered on my name), I'd have fun with him, travel all the places I want, invest in some expensive jewelry, and then leave him...
But then again, it doesn't really worth it if you think about it. It's a waste of time you could be spending with someone who does care about you. Life isn't about money. If it were it would be pointless.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:23 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I already had this with my rich ex. It was perfectly fine and I would have no problem doing it again.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:31 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
that is a business arrangement

a rich man paying a woman to be his property

no woman should want to be a part of this, but unfortunately i can see this happening

i mean hell, you see what women resort to during allstar weekend every year

a bunch of skeezers plotting to get pregnant by ANY ball player in order to be set for life. All they need to do is find a guy like the one you described in that scenario and they can avoid the whole baby-couthouse-child support-$50k/mo scheme

Old 11-15-2014, 02:47 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
I don't see how this man could be "perfect" for me in every way. In my perfect life, I eat what I want, exercise when I feel like it and if I wasn't working, I'd be taking frequent long road trips to areas where I could write in peace and take long hikes with my dog. Alone.

The scenario you are describing is my idea of hell on earth. I'd probably stab him with a nail file out of irritation.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:46 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times
I find some of the responses somewhat amusing.

Who actually wants to keep working 40+ hours a week(longer if you include commute times, getting ready to work) at a job that most people tolerate? Most people IRL do not have a job they love AND that pays well. Why would anyone want to submit themselves to backstabbing co-workers and a job that offers no job security? Everything is okay when you are young and let go. Try being much older and unemployed seeking work that will pay a respectable wage compared to your previous employer. It's not easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships