Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 10:00 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,213,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I didn't mean what I said in an arrogant way at all. But I have made a connection with a few guys here and there who reached out and we started a get to know you conversation that led to meeting in person. My only point was a lot of guys do initiate, so if you are sitting back waiting for the dating world to change and women to pursue you, then you're going to lose out to guys who aren't afraid to get out there and approach women.
I like how you turned this around on me when I was initially responding to lady issues. Clever girl.

Quote:
If women are not replying to you, then maybe you are the one who needs to change their approach.
I probably had an 80% response rate when I was actively pursuing women on OKC. But after several "ghostings", flake-outs, and dates that led nowhere, I became jaded like a lot of people. So I just threw my hands up and said the hell with it. I don't deserve this. That's why I look at your pictures, like/swipe right, and go on with my life as if you didn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 10:01 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,632,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
That's lame. Sorry to hear that. What a chump. You should find out who his wife is and tell her.
I wouldn't go that far, but people are just dumb. Don't link Tinder to your real Facebook account where you state you are married.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I wouldn't go that far, but people are just dumb. Don't link Tinder to your real Facebook account where you state you are married.
He might be giving his wife STDs from the girls he's fooling around with. Just saying. Karma.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:12 AM

545 posts, read 633,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjess1951 View Post
I had a lengthy conversation with a guy the other night and I initiated the conversation. He ended it by saying he had to go to bed and then told ME to contact HIM tomorrow. Seriously??
Can't say I'd be less annoyed if a girl said that.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:17 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,412,610 times
Lafleur, I'm the opposite. I barely had any luck on OKCupid, but have had good luck on Tinder in terms of matches.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:19 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,118,838 times
Quote:
I like how you turned this around on me when I was initially responding to lady issues. Clever girl.

I probably had an 80% response rate when I was actively pursuing women on OKC. But after several "ghostings", flake-outs, and dates that led nowhere, I became jaded like a lot of people. So I just threw my hands up and said the hell with it. I don't deserve this. That's why I look at your pictures, like/swipe right, and go on with my life as if you didn't exist.
I just feel like there's this myth around CD that women never get ghosted or flaked out on and it's not true at all. That dating is easy for us. Getting dates is pretty easy if you are halfway good looking, but finding a decent person who actually wants the same things you do? Just as hard for women.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I just feel like there's this myth around CD that women never get ghosted or flaked out on and it's not true at all. That dating is easy for us. Getting dates is pretty easy if you are halfway good looking, but finding a decent person who actually wants the same things you do? Just as hard for women.
I don't think that either sex has it particularly easy. Sometimes they just have different obstacles that they face. You have to admit, though, that guys have an extra layer of difficulty added on by the fact that they usually have to do the pursuing. For some, like me, that's a gigantic obstacle because we've faced so much rejection already that it has killed our motivation to pursue any longer. I feel like I have a lot to offer, but I'm at point now where I think that nobody deserves what I have to offer. So why put in the effort to pursue them?

Old 12-18-2014, 10:57 AM

90 posts, read 78,224 times
Quote:
I don't think that either sex has it particularly easy. Sometimes they just have different obstacles that they face. You have to admit, though, that guys have an extra layer of difficulty added on by the fact that they usually have to do the pursuing. For some, like me, that's a gigantic obstacle because we've faced so much rejection already that it has killed our motivation to pursue any longer. I feel like I have a lot to offer, but I'm at point now where I think that nobody deserves what I have to offer. So why put in the effort to pursue them?
This.

When you got a guy who's got an ~80% reply rate fed up, imagine what it's like for those of us with a 0.05% reply rate.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:01 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,632,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAD_straKt View Post
This.

When you got a guy who's got an ~80% reply rate fed up, imagine what it's like for those of us with a 0.05% reply rate.
If you're fed up with an 80% reply rate, you might be expecting too much.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
If you're fed up with an 80% reply rate, you might be expecting too much.
You mean like an actual relationship to emanate from an online dating site? Maybe you're on to something. Maybe I am expecting too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships