Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:16 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,059,001 times

Advertisements

1. How long have you been married for? 1 year, together for 10
2. Are you happily married? Yes
3. If you could go back in time, would you still get married? Yes
4. Is this your first marriage? Yes
5. Any other info you want to share! Never rush it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 12:01 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
This might totally backfire on me - but we always get people on here saying that marriage is dead or that nobody stays married anymore. And we get a lot of people talking about how we never have any threads about happy marriages (well, we do, but they die a quiet death). So, I thought I'd do a little marriage survey and hope that we see some happily married people!

1. How long have you been married for?
2. Are you happily married?
3. If you could go back in time, would you still get married?
4. Is this your first marriage?
5. Any other info you want to share!

Thanks for playing!
1. 12 years
2. No
3. Not to him
4. Yes
5. I still believe in love and marriage. I just got unlucky that the man I married showed his true colors right after our marriage and I was a fool to keep trying after all these years.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:07 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
1. How long have you been married for? 16 years
2. Are you happily married? yes
3. If you could go back in time, would you still get married? Yes
4. Is this your first marriage? yes

Marriageis not the easiest thing is the world, they do require work, and living with another person and sharing your life with that person will create conflicts at different times, but the good times usually make all that work and those fights all worth it in a marriage to the right person.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:16 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
1. How long have you been married for? 37 years
2. Are you happily married? Most of the time yes, lol
3. If you could go back in time, would you still get married? Read no. 2.
4. Is this your first marriage? Yes.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:45 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,990,972 times
Quote:
This might totally backfire on me - but we always get people on here saying that marriage is dead or that nobody stays married anymore. And we get a lot of people talking about how we never have any threads about happy marriages (well, we do, but they die a quiet death). So, I thought I'd do a little marriage survey and hope that we see some happily married people!

Thanks for playing!
1. I've been married 5 years.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. I think the reason so many people are in bad marriages is simply that many people have little to no personal insight and have no idea what they truly need in a partner. If you know yourself and what you need and then find a partner that meets those needs it really isn't that tough. My husband and I compliment each other in many ways and we're happy we have one another every day. People in real life don't hear much about my marriage because there's not much to say. Anything I would say would probably sound like bragging so I just don't talk about it.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:01 PM

350 posts, read 477,829 times
1. How long have you been married for? -------------------- 40 years
2. Are you happily married? --------------------------------- YES
3. If you could go back in time, would you still get married? --- Probably -
4. Is this your first marriage? -------------------------------- YES
5. Any other info you want to share! Marriage is like a garden. It takes care and investment. You tend to get out of it what you put into it.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:32 PM

530 posts, read 902,742 times
Quote:

Thanks for playing!
Funny I started a thread like this about a year ago and got some wonderful nice replies. They were so inspiring.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:42 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Funny I started a thread like this about a year ago and got some wonderful nice replies. They were so inspiring.
Actually it was 4 years ago. How time flies, eh?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...w-did-you.html

Old 12-18-2014, 03:45 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,405 times
1. Almost 6 years.
2. Eh.
3. Eh.
4. Yup
5. Stay together for the kids.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
5. I think the reason so many people are in bad marriages is simply that many people have little to no personal insight and have no idea what they truly need in a partner. If you know yourself and what you need and then find a partner that meets those needs it really isn't that tough. My husband and I compliment each other in many ways and we're happy we have one another every day. People in real life don't hear much about my marriage because there's not much to say. Anything I would say would probably sound like bragging so I just don't talk about it.
I think I really lucked out because I almost married someone that was wrong for me. When I got to know my husband, I realized how easy getting to know each other was and how we just "got" each other. It was something I didn't know I could have because I didn't know it existed. I feel like many people stay with the wrong person because they don't know how it feels when it's the right person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
I think it's nice to see that things can work out. No marriage is perfect and nobody is happy 100% of the time - but there are many happily married couples out there so it's not impossible or unattainable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships