Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 11:30 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
I'm of that age demographic and I don't now anyone who fakes their sexuakity to get attention.
You'll also note that I didn't say "all", but I can assure you, there are plenty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 11:40 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
And you know this how? I am bi and it's been my experience that when some men find out I am bi they think it's really "cool".... until we start dating and they become insecure about me sleeping with another girl.
Exactly. In fact, most of the men that I know in (or that have been in) relationships with bi women react exactly as you described. But it's the initial "they think it's really cool" part that you'll see straight women playing on to get attention.

Regarding how I know? The many, many (incredibly awkward) attempts to "prove" it in mixed company, never actually dating, pursuing, or having any physical interaction with someone of their own gender, or, most simply....admitting it. And all three happen all the time. The fact that legit bisexuals exist doesn't negate the fact that many straight people play on it to get attention. It's unfortunate, but it absolutely happens.

Edit: In fact, there's a specific question on OKC that addresses how the person answering feels about such women.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:33 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I don't know about myths, but bisexuality is always going to be problem with one and one relationships. Since a bisexual person likes both, it appears from the outside that they are never going to be permanently satisfied with just one partner, whatever it is. My guess is that there is always that other itch that wants to be scratched.
This. There're too many in questions to begin with for a relationship with a bisexual partner, I would say more so with bisexual men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's no different from a man who likes freckly redheads and Asian women.
It is a far cry between two different ethnicity of the same gender and same ethnicity of two different genders.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:36 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
This. There're too many in questions to begin with for a relationship with a bisexual partner, I would say more so with bisexual men.

What questions? The person is monogamous, or they aren't. Same as the question a heterosexual would receive.

And why is bisexuality in men viewed differently for that of women by you:?

Old 12-19-2014, 01:02 PM

253 posts, read 655,163 times
Being bisexual does not mean you are polyamorous or want to engage in 3-somes. Of course, you CAN be, but one can also be monogamous. I too, have no idea how the two gets linked together. I am 100% monogamous, but am bi at the same time. Although on dating sites, it seems if you set yourself as bi, you get couples that want to engage. BARF.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:15 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
It is a far cry between two different ethnicity of the same gender and same ethnicity of two different genders.
Some men will be content with one, some will not. There are plenty of male posters here who say that they get bored with a woman after a while and would never be able to commit to just one. Others can and do.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:37 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Why? Our sexuality is a critical part of our core being. Who we are as a person. I see no reason to keep it secret. And yes, it is a great deal different than hair color.
If you're going be constantly misperceived as open to threesomes when you're not or seen as incapable of fidelity then why would you announce it up front? Only if you're a glutton for punishment who wants to be judged superficially without a chance for them to get to know you on other levels. I don't share intimate details of ANY kind on a first or second date...do you?

Old 12-19-2014, 03:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Another myth permiscuous people are stable and carry low aids risk

Old 12-19-2014, 03:45 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
The reason why we are hesitant to date bisexual men are just because we are afraid to lose them.
Whether you want to admit it or not: when we are in a relationship, we will always have this "battle" of me against whoever might attract our significant other. In a way of course it reflects our insecurity. And as the result, we try to make ourselves more attractive on the eyes of our SO.

It is easy for me to compete with other gay guys; work out more and make sure I have nice figure. But I cannot compete with girls; I cannot grow b**bs and certain "cavity" below. Hence, I ruled out going out with bi-men.
Interesting observation, and understandable. I once asked myself if I could date a bi guy. I used to be a pretty jealous person so I ruled it out for that reason. It wasn't because of the hypothetical guy, but because of my own hangups. If I was already suspicious of other women, I could handle it, but the idea of being suspicious of guys too just seemed too much.

That said, just because a person is attracted to someone does not mean they will take the action to try to sleep with them. The misconception is that because bisexual people can be attracted to both sexes, that means they will sleep with everyone. I don't try to hook up with every cute guy I see. Whether you are bi, straight, gay, pansexual, etc., you still have self-control.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:46 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Another myth permiscuous people are stable and carry low aids risk
1. Off-topic
2. It's promiscuous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships