Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 08:53 PM

783 posts, read 852,496 times

Advertisements

I'd like to hear your opinions on this article from both men and women.
7 Ways I Subconsciously Scored My Dream Guy By Playing Hard-To-Get

Most of the men will be hostile to points #1,2. I am just curious if the women think this is good advice or not. For the TLDR people here are the cliff notes:
  1. Ignore him. When a guy first contacts you, ignore him. Don’t answer his calls or call him back right away. Wait a few days. He needs to know you’re busy and you have a life. You’re not desperate, and you don’t need a man to be happy.
  2. Reject him. When a man first asks you out, say no. Tell him you’re busy. He should ask you out more than once before you say yes. You always hear the old cliché that men love the chase, and it’s true. If you make a man wait and work hard to lock down a date with you, he will worship you.
  3. Love yourself. You should work harder at improving yourself than you work at your relationship. If you’re struggling with a problem in your personal life, such as a health issue or a work situation, make that your priority.
  4. Make him work around your schedule. Never put your significant other’s life before your own. If he asks you to go to an event with him that conflicts with something important in your life, tell him no.
  5. Be a woman of your word. No one is perfect. There are certain things with which a woman is and isn’t willing to put up. From the beginning of the relationship, it’s important to vocalize what you want and expect. If there’s a problem, tell your man he needs to fix it or you will show him the door.
  6. Maintain your own life but compromise. Let him have a night out with they boys and don’t be afraid to have your girls’ night, too. It’s important do your own thing, and it’s healthy to have activities you love to do together.
  7. Praise him. It’s essential to never take the little things for granted and constantly verbalize how much you appreciate your significant other. It gives a man great satisfaction to take care of the woman he loves, and it means the world to him to hear praise for his kind acts.
Ok here are my comments for each point.

1. When you ignore a guy you are acting exactly like a woman that has no interest which we men get a lot of. How are we supposed to know which women are interested and which are not but are following these silly rules?
2. A woman only needs to tell me no ONCE. No means no, I will not ask again. So a woman values herself that she is worth being asked more then once while a man values himself that a woman isn't worth asking again if she said no the first time. Lets not forget that for a fair number of men how much courage it takes for him to even ask especially if the woman is already ignoring him from #1. And people wonder why the marriage rates are dropping. Here is a quick man tip. More then a few 'Nice guys', the kind respectful sensitive ones that women say they want, will respect a woman's no and not keep chasing like a creepy stalker. Players will be undeterred and keep chasing. Between #1 and #2 I wonder how many potential relationships died before they were even started.
3. Good advice for anyone. Everyone needs to take care of themselves first before they can think about taking care of someone else.
4. That is fine also as long as its fine that he makes you work around his schedule too.
5. I can't help but notice the female version of keeping your word is a big difference compared to the male version of it. A man being a man of his word means to keep his promises and commitments that he makes to other people. In this article a woman being a woman of her word means keeping her promises and commitments that she made to herself about what she wants and needs out of the relationship.
6. Good advice.
7. Great advice. After ignoring him, rejecting him, making him work around your schedule, and keeping your word to yourself that he is giving and treating you the way you expect he should be given some praise for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 08:59 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,163,843 times
The comments on that article are pretty hilarious.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:05 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,808,592 times
Didn't read the article, only the OP's cliffs.

That said, I have a loosely relevant side story that I'm pretty certain I've told before, but it merits repeating:

I had a neighbor in my apartment complex that came knocking on my door with a guise for what would ultimately be a one night stand. We go out, we come back, she invites me in, we have sex. I'm going back to my place, and she says something to the effect of, "And I don't want you knocking on my door thinking you're just going to get this again".

My first thought was, "hey, no problem....I'm not that kind of guy". But my instant second thought was, "wait...why not?"

And I couldn't get her out of my head for weeks. There was no logical reason for it, other than "I can't have her".

Mind games. They're silly, but they work, depending on what you're trying to accomplish. In her case, it wasn't so much a game as it was a legit ONS...but the effect could've been so much more if she wanted it to be.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:07 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,403,994 times
Ignoring and rejecting will always land you the love of your life (your cats)

Old 12-21-2014, 09:13 PM

26,706 posts, read 41,855,063 times
You do #1 or #2 to the Diss, you might as well wake the up because your dream of dating him ends right then and there. No reconsideration, no exceptions.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:31 PM

783 posts, read 852,496 times
Here is the Facebook link to this article. It doesn't seem to be very popular.

https://www.facebook.com/EliteDaily/...41505469234420

Old 12-21-2014, 09:37 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,077,916 times
Ignore... reject...

Really this does not seem to be a good script. Doesn't mean it will never work, but I cannot imagine it ending in a high success rate either.

Ignore me, I doubt I would give you a chance to reject. If you did, I would not give you the time of day after that.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:37 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,223,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
[*]Ignore him. When a guy first contacts you, ignore him. Don’t answer his calls or call him back right away. Wait a few days. He needs to know you’re busy and you have a life. You’re not desperate, and you don’t need a man to be happy. [*]Reject him. When a man first asks you out, say no. Tell him you’re busy. He should ask you out more than once before you say yes. You always hear the old cliché that men love the chase, and it’s true. If you make a man wait and work hard to lock down a date with you, he will worship you.
Not surprisingly, if a woman ignore or rejects me, I assume they're not interested. Why would I think otherwise?

However, looking back, I've realized that MANY women have used these two strategies on me, neither of which has ever worked and only decreased my attraction to them.

Quote:
[*]Make him work around your schedule. Never put your significant other’s life before your own. If he asks you to go to an event with him that conflicts with something important in your life, tell him no.
This depends what it is and how long we are dating. If a close family member of mine dies and their funeral happens to coincide with her dental appointment and she doesn't come with me because of this, I would probably break up with her.

Quote:
[*]Love yourself. You should work harder at improving yourself than you work at your relationship. If you’re struggling with a problem in your personal life, such as a health issue or a work situation, make that your priority.[*]Be a woman of your word. No one is perfect. There are certain things with which a woman is and isn’t willing to put up. From the beginning of the relationship, it’s important to vocalize what you want and expect. If there’s a problem, tell your man he needs to fix it or you will show him the door.[*]Maintain your own life but compromise. Let him have a night out with they boys and don’t be afraid to have your girls’ night, too. It’s important do your own thing, and it’s healthy to have activities you love to do together.[*]Praise him. It’s essential to never take the little things for granted and constantly verbalize how much you appreciate your significant other. It gives a man great satisfaction to take care of the woman he loves, and it means the world to him to hear praise for his kind acts.
This is solid advice.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:52 PM

13,699 posts, read 9,793,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
2. A woman only needs to tell me no ONCE. No means no, I will not ask again.
And that's the crux of the matter. In a culture of "no means no", the last thing with which a man would care to contend, is an accusation of harassment or other impropriety. If the very first foray isn't met with warm receptivity, it's best to desist. This isn't because I'm busy or proud. It's because any proposition is already a risk of one's reputation, and therefore any issuance of dismissal is automatically final.

From the above-cited article: "It’s an old-fashioned idea, but a man should court a woman throughout the entire relationship." Indeed, but pray tell, how does demonstrative shunting aside of a man somehow constitute responsible participation in the courtship ritual? For a man to do the courting, ought not a woman be willing to be courted?

Last edited by ohio_peasant; 12-21-2014 at 10:02 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 10:17 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,223,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
And that's the crux of the matter. In a culture of "no means no", the last thing with which a man would care to contend, is an accusation of harassment or other impropriety. If the very first foray isn't met with warm receptivity, it's best to desist. This isn't because I'm busy or proud. It's because any proposition is already a risk of one's reputation, and therefore any issuance of dismissal is automatically final.

From the above-cited article: "It’s an old-fashioned idea, but a man should court a woman throughout the entire relationship." Indeed, but pray tell, how does demonstrative shunting aside of a man somehow constitute responsible participation in the courtship ritual? For a man to do the courting, ought not a woman be willing to be courted?
I still don't understand why I'm expected to court a woman when they're supposedly equal to us. Why doesn't she court me?

I would be willing to do it, but I'll need significant proof of her worthiness before I can do that....and, of course, the vast majority of women are too immoral to even want to court them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships