Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 02:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,023,505 times

Advertisements

You don't need beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 02:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,903,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I'd like to hear your opinions on this article from both men and women.
7 Ways I Subconsciously Scored My Dream Guy By Playing Hard-To-Get

Most of the men will be hostile to points #1,2. I am just curious if the women think this is good advice or not. For the TLDR people here are the cliff notes:
  1. Ignore him. When a guy first contacts you, ignore him. Don’t answer his calls or call him back right away. Wait a few days. He needs to know you’re busy and you have a life. You’re not desperate, and you don’t need a man to be happy.
  2. Reject him. When a man first asks you out, say no. Tell him you’re busy. He should ask you out more than once before you say yes. You always hear the old cliché that men love the chase, and it’s true. If you make a man wait and work hard to lock down a date with you, he will worship you.
  3. Love yourself. You should work harder at improving yourself than you work at your relationship. If you’re struggling with a problem in your personal life, such as a health issue or a work situation, make that your priority.
  4. Make him work around your schedule. Never put your significant other’s life before your own. If he asks you to go to an event with him that conflicts with something important in your life, tell him no.
  5. Be a woman of your word. No one is perfect. There are certain things with which a woman is and isn’t willing to put up. From the beginning of the relationship, it’s important to vocalize what you want and expect. If there’s a problem, tell your man he needs to fix it or you will show him the door.
  6. Maintain your own life but compromise. Let him have a night out with they boys and don’t be afraid to have your girls’ night, too. It’s important do your own thing, and it’s healthy to have activities you love to do together.
  7. Praise him. It’s essential to never take the little things for granted and constantly verbalize how much you appreciate your significant other. It gives a man great satisfaction to take care of the woman he loves, and it means the world to him to hear praise for his kind acts.
Ok here are my comments for each point.

1. When you ignore a guy you are acting exactly like a woman that has no interest which we men get a lot of. How are we supposed to know which women are interested and which are not but are following these silly rules?
2. A woman only needs to tell me no ONCE. No means no, I will not ask again. So a woman values herself that she is worth being asked more then once while a man values himself that a woman isn't worth asking again if she said no the first time. Lets not forget that for a fair number of men how much courage it takes for him to even ask especially if the woman is already ignoring him from #1. And people wonder why the marriage rates are dropping. Here is a quick man tip. More then a few 'Nice guys', the kind respectful sensitive ones that women say they want, will respect a woman's no and not keep chasing like a creepy stalker. Players will be undeterred and keep chasing. Between #1 and #2 I wonder how many potential relationships died before they were even started.
3. Good advice for anyone. Everyone needs to take care of themselves first before they can think about taking care of someone else.
4. That is fine also as long as its fine that he makes you work around his schedule too.
5. I can't help but notice the female version of keeping your word is a big difference compared to the male version of it. A man being a man of his word means to keep his promises and commitments that he makes to other people. In this article a woman being a woman of her word means keeping her promises and commitments that she made to herself about what she wants and needs out of the relationship.
6. Good advice.
7. Great advice. After ignoring him, rejecting him, making him work around your schedule, and keeping your word to yourself that he is giving and treating you the way you expect he should be given some praise for it.
1: good advice. if a man isnt going to give up easily, then why does the woman want him in the first place?

2: again good advice. because again if a man is going to give up at the first rejection, he isnt much good either.

4: this is about compromise between both parties.

5: i agree with you on this one. again it is about compromise in a relationship.

7: how many times have you been taken for granted in a relationship? this is about saying to your partner, "i really appreciate some of the things you do, even though i may not say it often enough."

Old 12-22-2014, 02:50 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,167,992 times
Quote:
  1. Ignore him. When a guy first contacts you, ignore him. Don’t answer his calls or call him back right away. Wait a few days. He needs to know you’re busy and you have a life. You’re not desperate, and you don’t need a man to be happy.
  2. Reject him. When a man first asks you out, say no. Tell him you’re busy. He should ask you out more than once before you say yes. You always hear the old cliché that men love the chase, and it’s true. If you make a man wait and work hard to lock down a date with you, he will worship you.
Some people say whole crabs are delicious because you have to work so hard for every morsel of crabmeat you get. That's why I don't like eating whole crabs because after the meal is over, I find the meat is overrated for the amount of effort and leaves me hungry!

Lobster meat is much sweeter and there is much less work involved. Shrimps are easy to peel but are only half as good. And fake crabmeat? Never.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:58 PM

2,737 posts, read 5,462,956 times
#1 and #2 are good if you are interested in attracting rapists, I suppose.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I beg to differ. I would be a thirsty desperate fool if that happens.
Well, like I said - it's easy to say whatever you want to when it's purely hypothetical. Sometimes reality can surprise you.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:09 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,841,967 times
Quote:
1: bring beer 2: show up naked.
I don't need beer.

Clothing optional... It's cold.... So an exception can be made.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:11 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,719,471 times
I've never been very good at playing those "dating games"... not at all. If I'm attracted to and interested in a man, I'm going to answer the phone when he calls and make every effort to go out with him!

Game playing like that is for kids. And I'm a grown up most of the time.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:12 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,291,844 times
Chasing after a woman who plays hard to get is a great sport. Trouble is that once you get her, the appeal quickly wanes........typically ends up being a dump job once you get your conquest.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:00 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,448,028 times
Number 1 and 2 are totally asinine. Any woman who played games like this with me would be totally written off my list. This is the stuff of high school. Once past the age of 18, things like this should cease. It's quite simple really. If a woman ignores me or rejects me I move on. No exceptions. Some men might like playing games and jumping through hoops, I'll just laugh in your face. Number 3 I totally agree with. Number 4 is fine as long it's reciprocated. You can't expect a person to be flexible all the time if you are not, it does not work that way. Number 5 and 6 I totally agree with. Number 7 varies and actually can totally backfire if it's overused or not genuine. I'm not an idiot, and I can always tell if it's fake and just trying to stroke my ego.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:46 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,969,848 times
LOL, terrible advice. The only kind of guys this is going to attract are desperate losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships