Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 08:15 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
I would proceed as normal including the benefits. Eventually you will become exclusive or move on. Don't put any pressure on her or act weird...roll with it and see what happens next. Obviously you care for each other if you've been best friends for five years.
Yes - this. To automatically downgrade her from being your best friend because you had sex with her seems to say you don't treat your girlfriends very well! Why not slow this down a bit and talk to her about it - admit you feel weird and confused and have a conversation as soon as possible. If she doesn't want a sexual relationship don't ASSUME you can't remain friends - give it a try if she's accepting of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 08:22 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
If someone has a foot fetish and cheats, do they get off on the wrong foot?
That depends on whether the right foot doesn't know what the left foot is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I think I read that chapter op has posted in a fantasy romance book. Dream on.
For example, George Sand's (Amantine Aurore Dupin's) novel "Indiana": Indiana (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But if the OP is serious, then the serious reply is to pose to his friend/lover precisely the same question that he posted on the Forum: "What should we do now?" Friendship means that both voices matter, and if she is inclined towards a more substantive romantic relationship, then it makes sense to proceed. And if not, not.

Postscript: many of us so fondly wish that we ourselves had to grapple with such problems!

Old 12-28-2014, 08:49 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy Rogers View Post
No, she told me that she dumped him

Sorry, forgot to mention that
she's all yours bro. my advice: keep hanging out, dating her, and having sex until you both figure out what you guys want.

honestly, i really don't understand what the issue you are really wrestling with unless it's uncertainty being in an LTR with her, after all you guys have been great friends for 5 years now. personally i think it's odd to be friends with a woman for that long unless there wasn't any sexual chemistry to begin with.

anyway, you guys are only 20years old, just keep working through it while humping away until one of you figure out you want it long term, or not.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:09 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
People frequently say this, however... I have a very close guy friend that I have been tight with for 30 years. The sex is spectacular between us, we can talk about anything and everything, yet we are not in a relationship. Things are not so easy.
If you're having sex, you're in a relationship. It's just not a conventional relationship.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:53 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Ive always thought it counterintuitive to pursue relationships with strangers, but not your best friend youre attracted to and comfortable with in every way.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:01 PM

468 posts, read 483,864 times
I'm going to read though 4 pages then I gonna give my advice. But if your best friend she still dating hre BF, the you should STOP having sex with her, it about "Moral"

but OP, don't feel awkward, it not that uncommon, she is your best friend afterall. Friends get drunk and sleep with each others, friends get caught up in the momment and sleep with each others.

I was in a situation MORE awkward than you. I lost my virginity to a guy who is in my neighborhood, so we neighbors. None of us were drunk at the time, so we fully know what we doing, lol
Now that really AWKWARD, who in their right mind would get freaky with their neighbor right?
Even till now I'm still shock, but he is my BF though, we in committed relationship before I sleep with him.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:03 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Also, reading the original post was like an erotic romance novel. I read it like seven times and havent been this aroused since January 2, 20xx. This is great literature. Lets watch The Notebook together if things with your friend don't work out! I really need some foot and full body care.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:27 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yes - this. To automatically downgrade her from being your best friend because you had sex with her seems to say you don't treat your girlfriends very well! Why not slow this down a bit and talk to her about it - admit you feel weird and confused and have a conversation as soon as possible. If she doesn't want a sexual relationship don't ASSUME you can't remain friends - give it a try if she's accepting of that.
Great advice. Add that to what I said.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
If she did you, what's stopping her from doing others?

Old 12-29-2014, 12:23 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If she did you, what's stopping her from doing others?
What stops anyone from having sex with anyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships