Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 11:07 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball83 View Post

@guys are you just blatantly honest? I.E. you don't sugar coat things and just speak your mind respectfully?
how do I talk about my feelings with girls without being NEEDY, WUSSY or WEAK sounding? What is the best way to tell her I want more than just being a last priority casual date......
I don't have the ability to sugarcoat things. I'm very honest.

If a girl asks me if she looks fat in a dress and she actually does, I will say yes. If she doesn't want to know the real answer, then don't ask me. It's that simple.

Quote:
I think this girl is using me and I want to give her an ultimatum because I just can't do this cat and mouse **** anymore unless it is going somewhere.. Being the pushover that I am I have been playing along and just pretending like everything is all good but its draining on me. I also suspect she may have feelings for her ex or something..

#Ouch
Let me ask you something: what is so good about her? What is it that you're attracted to? Or do you just like the attention that she's given you? Be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 11:13 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Don't be second fiddle.

Ever.

If you feel like you're being relegated to being second place, it's time to bounce.

That's how you do it.

That's how I always rolled, and I don't claim to be any kind of lady killer stud... I just never played second fiddle. I think if you have that attitude, it somehow comes across to a certain degree. People can pick it up.

This girl is ruminating over her ex.... fine... let her get it out of her system and while she does you man up and move on with your life.

What ever you do don't pine for her... I don't mean to be mean, but have some self respect and dignity.

You deserve that much, just as much as anyone else does.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:20 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Remember that you can stand up for yourself and still maintain your zen.

Girls are mostly likely attracted to those men who can be able to speak their minds in a respectful manner. You need some practices, start with learning to say No to people. Remember that love is not passive or shy. You need to enjoy yourself in a healthy relationship.

Best of luck. You sound like a very sweet person.

1,030 posts, read 4,277,702 times
Friends, especially male and female friends, sometimes hook up. It happens. Maybe you guys are together without the title. If you guys are already physical and its been that way, its probably just a matter of time before she catches feelings. Maybe she wants YOU to take the lead and say it like how it is. If you guys are going to hook up again, Id ask her for sure. "Lets be boyfriend and girlfriend"

Its a simple question and its to the point, she could just be waiting for you.

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Sprout a pair. Make your stand. You can do that without being a jerk about it. Hold your ground but remain respectful.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:32 PM

268 posts, read 648,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I don't have the ability to sugarcoat things. I'm very honest.

If a girl asks me if she looks fat in a dress and she actually does, I will say yes. If she doesn't want to know the real answer, then don't ask me. It's that simple.

Let me ask you something: what is so good about her? What is it that you're attracted to? Or do you just like the attention that she's given you? Be honest.

There is an unexplainable spark and physical attraction.

In he past I thought being honest about feelings was lame.

Now I see it as fair for me and fair for the girl. I can be honest without being emotional...

Old 01-04-2015, 04:29 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
There is an unexplainable spark and physical attraction.
"Spark" is girl talk. It doesn't actually exist. I would expect a man to be looking for something more tangible than that.

For example, I look for kindness, intelligence, and humility in women. I don't wait for them to tell me. I observe their behaviors. I do realize that the thread isn't about this, but it's important is realizing why you're so into this person. And it sounds like you're only into her because she's hot.

Quote:
In he past I thought being honest about feelings was lame.
It depends on the situation and the girl.

Quote:
Now I see it as fair for me and fair for the girl. I can be honest without being emotional...
Sometimes, being emotional isn't a bad thing. Again, this is situational.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:40 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
When I like a girl... I tend to not speak my true feelings out of the fear of messing it up and loosing her completely. I also don't want to rock the boat and cause stress for her.

For example: If she does something to **** me off, I swallow my feelings and don't say anything. If she plays cat and mouse with the CHASE game I don't say anything, after I get feelings..

But it hurts not speaking my feelings and it makes me wonder if it is less attractive to always pretend like everything is cool, when it is not... Like it really, really hurts after months of not saying something..

@Ladies do you find it unattractive when a guy tells you he likes you and cannot just be a casual date partner with you?
(assume you two already hooked up a few times)
No. In fact, I prefer a man with the confidence to speak up and go after what he wants.

As for not speaking up when she ticks you off, that is bad form and a definite turn-off. It's weakness on a good day, manipulation on a bad. I am not a mindreader. If something bothers you, you need to talk about it a) because I wouldn't knowingly and deliberately want to tick you off and b) you filing it away means it will only come up later, when you can't take it anymore and blow up at me out of what feels like nowhere to me.

Spine is hot, but also, in a relationship, it's actually your responsibility to discuss issues as they come up.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:51 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Wait.... you feel she is using you... but your hoping she'll give another chance later.....? It's like there are all kinds of topics that don't go together.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-04-2015, 10:58 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,233 times
Women respect men who know what they want, and aren't afraid to ask for it. Now, if you made your intentions clear immediately, you wouldn't be in such a pickle, where you are coming from out of nowhere. Your anxiety is paralyzing, and will just lead to more. You need to be straight up, you will get more respect. Would you rather get something off your chest, and get a positive, or negative reaction right away, or let it stew for months, before finally getting the courage to say some weird awkward thing that is almost defensive in delivery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships