Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 04:46 AM

33 posts, read 106,611 times

Advertisements

Whether it's for just potential friendships or dating, how much does Facebook influence you honestly?

For example, if you meet a guy and he has only 40 friends on there, very inactive wall and no comments or anything, do you lose atttaction or interest in this person that you just met?

Compared to someone with 500 friends with a much more active profile and lots of communication and attention from others towards this person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 06:14 AM

619 posts, read 655,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobsearcher123 View Post
Whether it's for just potential friendships or dating, how much does Facebook influence you honestly?

For example, if you meet a guy and he has only 40 friends on there, very inactive wall and no comments or anything, do you lose atttaction or interest in this person that you just met?

Compared to someone with 500 friends with a much more active profile and lots of communication and attention from others towards this person?
The amount of friends he has, his activity vs inactivity and lack of comments has no bearing. If he's posting certain religious/political matter on a constant basis that are in direct opposition to my own political/religious ideologies, does nothing but "like" pictures of half naked women...then, as a friend, he's okay (but I might hide his activity from my newsfeed), but I wouldn't really consider dating him.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:24 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,319,304 times
I have come to hate Facebook for anything other than keeping in contact with family. I would NEVER judge or be influenced by a social media site, period.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:36 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,383,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
The amount of friends he has, his activity vs inactivity and lack of comments has no bearing. If he's posting certain religious/political matter on a constant basis that are in direct opposition to my own political/religious ideologies, does nothing but "like" pictures of half naked women...then, as a friend, he's okay (but I might hide his activity from my newsfeed), but I wouldn't really consider dating him.
^^^^^ This. That goes for the Drama Kings too. Yep, got a few of them. Friends, yes. Dating, No. There is one that's open about his um ... fetish. eeewww! is all have to say! Seriously! I see him in public once in a great while at social gatherings soooo... thats why he's on my FB and I don't go out of my way to talk to him.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:31 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,399,541 times
Nope.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:41 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,218,322 times
For me, its major points for people who don't do Fakebook....

I tend to love the non-conformists.....the ones who don't need to validate
themselves by posting their every waking thought on Fakebook, seeking approval, lol
So anyone who's boycotted Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & whatever other narcissistic sites there are --
They're automatically infinitely cooler & a Helluva lot more interesting than most.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:44 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,584,511 times
The less you post, the more I like you.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:55 AM

39,494 posts, read 27,835,287 times
I check facebook once in a month and I have less than 20 friends there. My facebook account was made for suicide survivor support group (a non profit organization).

My real life friends hang out with me and talk on the phone with me. I see no point using facebook to connect with real life friends.

I know a person with over 1000 facebook friends, he just wants to show others he is popular. He doesn't know most of these 1000 people, he just randomly add add add, invite invite invite. I found it odd, I can only speak for myself.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:58 AM

468 posts, read 486,599 times
To be frank, I don't care Facebook, I don't like social networks. I keep in touch with all my friends through phone.
This Asian girl here doesn't use Facebook.

Her man also doesn't use Facebook neither. He doesn't go Online unless he apply for a job that required putting inan online applicaiton.
He doesn't even like to watch TV unless it is News, lol

I like go to online though. I like to watch Chinese drama, and read around Forum.
And I'm a big Political debate. You would find me debate in Chinese forum regarding to political issues.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:59 AM

19,825 posts, read 20,440,112 times
Medium to high impact- * if I already find him attractive or interesting. I like to observe the type of content a man puts up on his own page and is affiliated with. Otherwise, I really don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships