Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:29 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,898,080 times

Advertisements

Yup, water finds its own level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 09:35 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,995,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
My point was that the OP has likely attracted men who have their act together (and probably had some level of advanced education) and are not "project men," but those guys were not up to her standards of "hotness."

The guys who are up to that standard are more likely to be "project guys."

Do you have an education? If not, are you of the opinion that getting one would serve no purpose?

Single men who are educated will date single moms. I've been a single mom and dated them.

I'm just saying they are more likely to date a single mom who is also educated.

And...one isn't likely to be a single mom who has no degree and 2 kids from different dads while collecting food stamps who can land a man who has his act together and looks like a male model who stars in country western music videos.

On edit: yeah. It's a stereotype. Men can be hot and smart. But, if they are under the age of about 45, they'll probably be looking for someone younger than the OP who has no kids.
Ah so she isn't giving the guys that have their stuff together because they aren't hot? Well that's just narrowminded.
Yes I'm educated, getting what a man? Yes he would serve a purpose.

Lol educated women can be single with many kids.Example would be a woman who divorced three guys and had children with all of them.Maybe her education should of got her better birth control.

But you are right smart men can be very hot.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:37 AM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Please no guy I date even knows I get foodstamps. They see me show up in a $40k+ car, dressed nicely, wearing expensive jewelry. And based on my profile city, they can see I live in a pricier town. By appearance, no one would guess I get food stamps. Heck the value of my daily jewelry exceeds the value of a lot of peoples cars.
So you bringing up the foodstamps every chance you get really has no beating whatsoever on my dating life.
LOL.. you talk about 40k cars... yeah... with an 8 yr payment on it... I could buy that cash if I wanted to.......

Old 01-10-2015, 09:40 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,995,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
There was a man in Michigan that won a small lottery prize and still received benefits. They've changed the WIC program so now they just issue EBT cards with a set dollar amount that loads each month and can only be used to purchase "food" (define that as you will). At my income, despite single parent status, I don't qualify.

What the OP continues to fail on is realizing that she's apparently NOT all that she believes she is. Until she accepts that she's not the "great catch" she believes herself to be, she will continue to focus on the wrong priorities for a mate. I'm preaching to the choir, I know.

The men that fall under the OP's desired list (wealthy, good with money, trendy, smart, good looking, etc) all have the pick of the litter. She's not hitting that top percentage (could be from looks, baggage, or just craptastic attitude?). Until she fixes what is not putting her at that top percentage, she will continue to get the types of men that she's attracting in.

Ah, but self reflection is a doozie.. It means you gotta be honest with yourself.
She needs to change her mind set but I see many ladies that like the needy man.They like to feel wanted.Personally I have a child, I don't need another.lol!

Old 01-10-2015, 09:40 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,216,740 times
Quote:
But no I am not stuck up, before you ask.
Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Lol cheap ass... I was always the rich girl growing up.
This entire thread you've been talking about how glamorous your lifestyle is; your expensive cars, expensive houses, expensive jewelry, expensive clothes, etc. Yet, you have no college degree, you're collecting food stamps, you have two kids from two different daddys, and you're working an admin job? I doubt you're grossing over $45k/yr, and I'm even more doubtful you're netting $10k/yr. I know people like you back from where I grew up. Living high on the hog on very little income. We used to call that hood rich. Do you even have a 401k, HSA, or IRA set up? Doubtful.

I think Chowhound has you pegged. You sound like a project girl yourself. You need to reassess your standards IMO.

Last edited by Lafleur; 01-10-2015 at 09:54 AM..

Old 01-10-2015, 09:48 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,216,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.. you talk about 40k cars... yeah... with an 8 yr payment on it... I could buy that cash if I wanted to.......
It's probably leased or salvaged. That's how my broke friends back in the 'D' made it happen.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:55 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,034,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
She needs to change her mind set but I see many ladies that like the needy man.They like to feel wanted.Personally I have a child, I don't need another.lol!
Touche!

Old 01-10-2015, 09:55 AM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
It's probably leased or salvaged. That's how my broke friends back in the 'D' made it happen.
True... one of the things that a lot men, myself included, do, is that we associate a sweet ride with hot chicks or the ability to pull down hot chicks.

A nice car does nothing of the sort, and the type of women they do pull down, isn't the type of woman you want anyway.... so its' a catch 22.

One of the young dudes I work with just bought a challenger srt8... that is a bad boy for those who don't know... nice nice ride... 38k plus I think they are... sweet ride and if I was to succumb to the sweet rides... that would be that one... I test drove one one time it was nice.....

If you buy it and want it for it.. and not for the tail potential, you're golden... otherwise .... don't bother....

Old 01-10-2015, 09:57 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,370,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
She saved up 20k to put down half on it. Remember?

Old 01-10-2015, 09:59 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,898,080 times
That's why I had a clapped out old pickup. If she was willing to ride in that, she was worth my time. I like my pickups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships