Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 10:00 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,399,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ah so she isn't giving the guys that have their stuff together because they aren't hot? Well that's just narrowminded.
Yes I'm educated, getting what a man? Yes he would serve a purpose.

Lol educated women can be single with many kids.Example would be a woman who divorced three guys and had children with all of them.Maybe her education should of got her better birth control.

But you are right smart men can be very hot.
Getting an education. LOL.

But, yes. A man had better serve a purpose. Hahahaha!

I have 3 offspring. That's plenty, unless I was single and dating a single dad, of course.

My husband was child free until we got married and he landed the stepdad gig. He's good at it, but my kids are very easygoing.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:02 AM

52,431 posts, read 52,985,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That's why I had a clapped out old pickup. If she was willing to ride in that, she was worth my time. I like my pickups.
Good test...

That's why I like Mrs. Chow... she's down for any kind of ride... I was looking at get a scooter, just to be economical and she's like, get one that can carry two, mo fo.... LOL...

I like that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 10:09 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,327,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I had an interesting conversation with a friend yesterday about dating and men. Specifically that I seem to attract guys that need something from me. Generally that they are broke, in debt and need me to fix their credit and finances.

This conversation began after I received a text from a guy I had just begun conversing with. He asks me where I bank. so I ask him why he asks, is he planning on giving me money? He responds no he can't find a bank that will allow him to open a bank account. So at this point I already know he is not the man for me, but I ask why and come to find out he owes a bank $500 and on chexsystems.

Shortly after I am talking to my friend about my dating and told her I give up because the only guys I attract are guys like the one mentioned above and I no longer want a project. I want a man to be my partner not my third child that I am responsible for. I just bought a second house and do not need or want that kind of stress.

Her response is that because of my take charge, in control, got it together, very helpful personality that this is the type of man that I will attract. Is that really the case? Am I doomed?

Do certain personalities always attract the same type of person?
First and only rule. You can change how a man dresses, but you cannot change who a man is. If a man is inconsiderate, conducts his life like an idiot, has a violent temper, or has elastic ethics when you first meet him, then he will continue to be that way after you enter into a relationship with him.

I don't know whether it's an inability to learn or sheer stubbornness, but women such as you cannot seem to figure this out.

Mind you, this is not to say that you should only date rich men or guys with credit scores of 850. But people who have ongoing persistent money problems are people who absolutely refuse to address them. What's more, most of the time, these are people who have other problems, such as substance abuse or gambling addictions. That's why they're short on money all the time and are hiding it from you. And people like you only serve as their enablers.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:09 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,038,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good test...

That's why I like Mrs. Chow... she's down for any kind of ride... I was looking at get a scooter, just to be economical and she's like, get one that can carry two, mo fo.... LOL...

I like that...
This is the kind of woman I am. Love me a reliable ride that is easy on the bank account. My beat up, 10 yr old Civic is priceless.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:10 AM

52,431 posts, read 52,985,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
This is the kind of woman I am. Love me a reliable ride that is easy on the bank account. My beat up, 10 yr old Civic is priceless.
That's why if you were single and I single, we'd be in trouble... LOL......

Old 01-10-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Good test...

I like that...
My hubby was driving a paid for 5yo non-luxury SUV when we met. He bought it used.

It was a utility vehicle. My only requirements are that cars are reliable, in good repair, relatively clean inside, don't smell weird (sensitive nose) and have heating and AC that works.

I've never dated a dude because of the car he drove. Ever.

Who gives a damn what car someone else drives as long as they can afford it and it's reliable?

Old 01-10-2015, 10:27 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,038,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
My hubby was driving a paid for 5yo non-luxury SUV when we met. He bought it used.

It was a utility vehicle. My only requirements are that cars are reliable, in good repair, relatively clean inside, don't smell weird (sensitive nose) and have heating and AC that works.

I've never dated a dude because of the car he drove. Ever.

Who gives a damn what car someone else drives as long as they can afford it and it's reliable?
Add "and don't catch on fire" to that list .. My father (single for many years while I was growing up) had 2 different pick up trucks that randomly started on fire in the cab if conditions were just right! The day he peeled around to the back of the house, jumped out and started hosing down the seat of the truck when I was about 14 years old put me on the ground in laughter. I recall that truck fondly and was SO GLAD he didn't pass it down to me.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:39 AM

881 posts, read 2,260,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
What do you mean cheap? What I am trying to say to you is that nothing about my life gives an impression of cheap. I am from a good family, good morals, good finances and carry myself in a way that is far from cheap.
You can spend a lot of money and still come across tacky. Think of all these reality TV stars: Kardashians, Real Housewives etc.

Kim Kardashian probably spends way more money on her looks than someone like Kate Middleton but most people would perceive Kate having far more class. Sometimes less is more.

The reality is your job gives people an indication of your salary. My guess when you are bragging about all your material possessions something doesn't sit right with the type of men you seek to attract.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Add "and don't catch on fire" to that list .. My father (single for many years while I was growing up) had 2 different pick up trucks that randomly started on fire in the cab if conditions were just right! The day he peeled around to the back of the house, jumped out and started hosing down the seat of the truck when I was about 14 years old put me on the ground in laughter. I recall that truck fondly and was SO GLAD he didn't pass it down to me.
Yes. This would definitely be a requirement.

I was thinking about the OP while getting ready to go out.

If you're the smartest person in the room all the time, of course you'll constantly get people asking for your advice/help.

Sounds like she works with a good many incapable people.

Change your environment, OP.

If you worked at a Fortune 50 company (and I don't mean in the warehouse) you'd not be likely to have MBAs and finance majors asking for your financial advice.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:03 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,224,942 times
Quote:
I'm mid 40's got my stuff all together..... top 10 percent in finances.... spent some time ago comparing my situation with others... just for laughs.. as I don't really put too much stock in all of the rating systems... that being said, you are a project girl... from my point of view... everything is relative... that is a fact and you being a single mom with 2 kids by two separate men, on a form of welfare and based on these silly posts you seem to make doesn't add much to raise you above that bar.

Everything in life is relative I mean that in the sense that you're looking down your nose at the guys you talk about, but there are plenty of others that would look down on you...

Do you get this very very basic concept... thread after thread from you doesn't suggest otherwise.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Does this make any sense to you at all????????????????????????????
+1

OP, I'm a guy with a good job and also in the top 10% (and rising) at a young age. Based on what you've written about yourself here, I would never date you. Not in a million years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships