Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 06:58 PM

192 posts, read 178,443 times

Advertisements

No dude. Your tone is actually common. But as always, the Simpsons and Snoopy had an impact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 10:43 AM

5,206 posts, read 4,685,320 times
Why is this hard to understand? You are dating 9s and 10s. It's a very competitive market. You may look great on paper but so do all the other guys they are dating.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:01 PM

Yeah right! If there are enough cool women on-line, I am sure there are guys too. I am returning to dating, so it just is different than when I was younger and was funneled into relationships. But I am honestly starting to think on-line dating is almost like practice for when I meet a really good women in real life. Just like taking ground balls every day so you can make the play in the big game.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:15 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returning_to_dating View Post
I will be an owner of a law firm someday. I work at my father's law firm. Some people mentioned too much confidence. Is that really a thing? I try to project as much confidence as possible, because I think that is important to vulnerable people in a court situation ... but maybe it's a turn off in the dating world.

Lawyers are a dime a dozen, not sure who told you to be so impressed with this.

You have an amazingly hard time at dating. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-14-2015, 06:24 PM

Thanks Mikala43. That's so cool on a forum where people are presumably trying to help each other with their perspective based on their own experiences.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:44 PM

630 posts, read 1,050,281 times
you remind me of a physician doing his residency who contacted me on a dating site. Although "tan" and cute, all he could talk about was the million qualities he looked for a woman and all the travels he had done before medical school. I don't even wanna know what a first date would be like with him. ZZZ Nexxxxxttttt

Old 01-14-2015, 10:53 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Yeah right! If there are enough cool women on-line, I am sure there are guys too. I am returning to dating, so it just is different than when I was younger and was funneled into relationships. But I am honestly starting to think on-line dating is almost like practice for when I meet a really good women in real life. Just like taking ground balls every day so you can make the play in the big game.
Who funneled you into relationships when you were younger? Where can the rest of us apply for this service?

Old 01-14-2015, 11:12 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,215,654 times
Quote:
But I am honestly starting to think on-line dating is almost like practice for when I meet a really good women in real life.
That is close to the way I look at it. I am self employed and work at home, my social skills get rusty since I go days without having a real conversation with someone face to face, so I date women off of Match that I am not particularly interested in for the social exercise. I pay of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships