Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 05:16 AM

18 posts, read 15,687 times

Advertisements

hi everyone!
I am just wondering, for women out there do you feel alright when your man is soooo into computer games that almost everyday he sat and spent his time on it, most of the night goes to bed very late and worst no sleep all night, and when he wakes up in the morning its the first thing that he'll check?? And for men out there, what do you think why your woman is always cranky or not giving you attention for instance if you are doing the same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 05:20 AM

366 posts, read 411,003 times
For me, video games are a deal breaker. I won't date anyone who sits in front of a screen for 6-10 hours a day.

Talk to him about it if it upsets you.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:20 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
That would not fly with me.

If he is addicted to video games night and day, then he has time for nothing else.
No wonder the lady is nagging if her man has his nose in the TV 27/7. Ugghh

Old 02-07-2015, 05:23 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Lol. I can't read womens minds; they could be cranky for various reasons. As far as attention, I don't need need much of that- I'm off doing my own thing, Lol

Old 02-07-2015, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
For me, video games are a deal breaker. I won't date anyone who sits in front of a screen for 6-10 hours a day.

Talk to him about it if it upsets you.
It is an online game not even video games and he spent money to bought stuff for it. He's like always in a rush to get up and go back and sat down on his comp, and when we go out always in a rush to go home too. It is really pisses me off and i said something about it but just ignored me.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol. I can't read womens minds; they could be cranky for various reasons. As far as attention, I don't need need much of that- I'm off doing my own thing, Lol
For sure you don't need it when you are too busy doing your own thing, but when you're not doing anything and wants some attention and your not getting it i guess you'd be lol still

Old 02-07-2015, 05:49 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
If he is not listening to you, paying attention to you, and disregarding you.

It's pretty obvious what you need to do.

I have a feeling you've known this for a while now.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:51 AM

60 posts, read 140,226 times
A few years ago, I dated a gamer. Sometimes I'd still be in bed and he would turn his laptop on, put his headset on, and start playing! When I said something, he said, "Oh, I thought you were awake!" The kicker that lead me to break up with him was, he had 5 days off from work and he stayed at my place, and he was playing games pretty much the whole time, with me watching movies. After we broke up, he said that he could see why I was upset with him, so hopefully any women he's dated since haven't had to put up with his extreme gaming quite in the way I did.

My current boyfriend is a gamer, and we have played games together (unlike that previous bf), and when he's playing games (he'll often play on his XBox over the Internet with his brother, so it's cool that they can bond), I'll read, so it works out. But, he just ordered a gaming computer; I feel that computer gaming can be more intense, partly due to the distance a desktop computer provides (he just cleared off the dining room table to game). I have concerns, since he's told me that when he was younger, all of his free time would go to gaming.

I think, eventually, if you feel that he is spending quality time with the games and not with you, you'll need to tell him how you feel; an ultimatum may be in order. You two might just be too different in the end. (I hope you can work it out, though, but some people are set in their ways.)

Old 02-07-2015, 05:53 AM

I can't do nothing, i'm trapped here somehow...

Old 02-07-2015, 06:07 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyD View Post
I can't do nothing, i'm trapped here somehow...
I really have trouble believing this.

Unless he's holding you hostage with a gun to your head, you're not trapped.

You just don't want to leave. I understand you care about the dude and hope for a change but more than likely it's not gonna happen. You're on an internet forum asking for advice for what if you're "trapped?"

Talking to people in love is so "trying."

Last edited by Auraliea; 02-07-2015 at 06:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships