Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 07:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times

Advertisements

Young lady are you on birth control? How long have you been dating? What happens if the condom breaks? Do you know about the morning after pill? Do you work? Does he? What are your plans if you get pregnant? What's his?

Please you can hook up make out without intercourse, rethink this idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 07:50 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,277,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Young lady are you on birth control? How long have you been dating? What happens if the condom breaks? Do you know about the morning after pill? Do you work? Does he? What are your plans if you get pregnant? What's his?

Please you can hook up make out without intercourse, rethink this idea.
People aren't going to wait until they can afford kids before they have sex.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
True but things happen.Also bc doesn't always work nor condoms.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
True but things happen.Also bc doesn't always work nor condoms.
So then the focus should be on how to get BC and how to use condoms, not "wait until you can afford kids". One only need look at the south to see how that strategy works.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:59 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,199,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Yeah, and it can cause alot of problems. Given teen pregnancy nowadays. But mainly the thing is, at least waiting until you don't have to answer to, and sneak around your parents to do it. You can take yourself, as a woman, to a gyno and get info on different birth-control methods.

After all, if a teen girl gets pregnant, she can have an abortion. but if she doesn't want to do that, for whatever reason, that baby also becomes the parents' problem as well when they have another baby to take care of when their own baby isn't even done with school yet, and has nowhere anything close to a career. Like a girl I went to school with. Pregnant at 14, Barely in the middle of puberty and already about to have a baby.

So getting some good birth control is a good option. And if you can't for whatever reason, waiting for that alone would be good.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:03 PM

718 posts, read 616,652 times
Like people have said, It's really important that you have a discussion with your boyfriend about birth control options. You don't want to go into it expecting him to have condoms and, turns out, he expected you to bring them and then it's this whole big mess. It happens a lot more often then people think. Even if he says he'll bring some, bring your own. I was 17 when I lost my virginity, and as much as I trusted my boyfriend, no way in hell was I going to go into that situation without a backup plan.

Remember, your sexuality is your responsibility. You need to protect yourself.

I urge you to think about the reprecussions about having sex. I say that because it's never a good idea to go into something with the notion that everything is going to go splendid and according to plan. I'm not much older than you are, I was about your age when I had sex the first time, and I made sure that I was educated on my sexual health. Do you know this guy well enough? I say this because, if you do not, you expose yourself to heartache and confusion. Don't go into it with expectations (because as a girl, I know a lot of young women put a lot of meaning behind their 'first time') if he isn't showing you any signs of reciprocation. Do you know what to do in case your birth control fails? (i.e. Condom breaks). Do you know what the morning day after pill is? Do you have access to it? These questions are important because anything can happen. Have you been tested for STD's/infections? Has he? I say this because some diseases can be spread through "oral sex", which a lot of kids don't know. You can be a 'virgin', but still have an STD. This is important to remember because if a guy ever tells you he's a 'virgin', it does not mean he hasn't had sexual contact with another person.

I will say, however, I don't think you need to go into it with nursery colours picked out. If you have sex responsibly and use protection correctly, then there is no reason for you to be worried about getting pregnant. Can things go wrong? Of course, which is why you need to have an understanding of what you want to do in case that scenario arrives.

I don't think preaching abstinence is going to help. All those sex-ed programs that try to drill in this idea of 'no sex' is silly. Teenagers are going to have sex, whether it's the 'right' time to do so or not. Instead of telling kids to not have sex, we should be drilling in the importance of safe sex.

I know that whether I tell you or, someone on this thread tells you, to not have sex, you're going to do what you want to do. That is simply the reality of the situation. So I'm not going to tell you to not have sex because you're young and not equipped to be a mom. I am going to tell you that if you think you're mature and old enough to be sexually active, then you are mature and old enough to be responsible about it.

Be safe!

Last edited by Ashleyga; 02-12-2015 at 08:17 PM..

Old 02-12-2015, 08:09 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,199,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
Like people have said, It's really important that you have a discussion with your boyfriend (?) about birth control options. You don't want to go into it expecting him to have condoms and, turns out, he expected you to bring them and then it's this whole big mess. It happens a lot more often then people think. Even if he says he'll bring some, bring your own. I was 17 when I lost my virginity, and as much as I trusted my boyfriend, no way in hell was I going to go into that situation without a backup plan.

Remember, your sexuality is your responsibility. You need to protect yourself.

I urge you to think about the reprecussions about having sex. i'm not much older than you are, I was about your age when I had sex the first time, and I made sure that I was educated on my sexual health. Do you know this guy well enough? I say this because, if you do not, you expose yourself to heartache and confusion. Don't go into it with expectations (because as a girl, I know a lot of young women put a lot of meaning behind their 'first time') if he isn't showing you any signs of reciprocation. Do you know what to do in case your birth control fails? (i.e. Condom breaks). Do you know what the morning day after pill is? Do you have access to it? These questions are important because anything can happen. Have you been tested for STD's/infections? Has he? I say this because some diseases can be spread through "oral sex", which a lot of kids don't know. You can be a 'virgin', but still have an STD.

I will say, however, I don't think you need to go into it with nursery colours picked out. If you have sex responsibly and use protection correctly, then there is no reason for you to be worried about getting pregnant. Can things go wrong? Of course, which is why you need to have an understanding of what you want to do in case that scenario arrives.

I don't think preaching abstinence is going to help. All those sex-ed programs that try to drill in this idea of 'no sex' is silly. Teenagers are going to have sex, whether it's the 'right' time to do so or not. Instead of telling kids to not have sex, we should be drilling in the importance of safe sex.

I know that whether I tell you or someone on this thread tells you to not have sex, you're going to do what you want to do. That is simply the reality of the situation. So I'm not going to tell you to not have sex because you're young and not equipped to be a mom, I'm going to tell you that if you think you're mature and old enough to be sexually active, then you are mature and old enough to be responsible about it.

Be safe!
Great response. Teens will have sex if they want to have sex. But sex isn't a game, as it comes with risks. So, if you're ready, you need to know what to do, different steps to take, and how to handle business and engage is sex that is somewhat safe. As stated, people can have oral STDs, and some can be transmitted through skin as well. Condoms don't stop everything. Like some who are baffled at pregnancy despite using a condom. ok, was there any back up plans?

Some girls have their partner wear a condom, and they will use birth control. There's pills. There's the implant, diaphragm, and lots of methods for pregnancy. So really STD is the only one that should be a huge problem. Pregnancy to be covered to a large degree. Some people have been sexually active for years with no mistakes.

So I won't say don't have sex. But I don't think V-day is the best time. i think you and your boyfriend need to get together, and learn about birth control, different methods, and testing if you're both clean, etc. There's alot to do, rather than just "I want sex, so I am gonna do" and not put anymore though and preparation behind it.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:11 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,369,796 times
How romantic! Be safe and have fun!

Old 02-12-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Yeah, and it can cause alot of problems. Given teen pregnancy nowadays. But mainly the thing is, at least waiting until you don't have to answer to, and sneak around your parents to do it. You can take yourself, as a woman, to a gyno and get info on different birth-control methods.

After all, if a teen girl gets pregnant, she can have an abortion. but if she doesn't want to do that, for whatever reason, that baby also becomes the parents' problem as well when they have another baby to take care of when their own baby isn't even done with school yet, and has nowhere anything close to a career. Like a girl I went to school with. Pregnant at 14, Barely in the middle of puberty and already about to have a baby.

So getting some good birth control is a good option. And if you can't for whatever reason, waiting for that alone would be good.
Teen pregnancy is at an all time low and getting BC without parental consent depends on state law. Abortion also depends on state law, so realistically, it's best to give advice on using condoms and how to obtain bc. Sneaking around is just par for the course as an American teen.

https://guttmacher.org/media/nr/2014/05/05/index.html

Old 02-12-2015, 09:07 PM

535 posts, read 516,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainsley1998 View Post
I do kinda feel ready just want it over an done with
We have never done anything before just kissed. Not even saw eachother naked before.
No way can i tell my dad he will go mad i dont want him to know about this at all.

Sorry for asking strangers i was using google to see if there was anything on that and i saw this website i wasnt going to write a post then i just did.

He said his brother has condoms that he could take so would use that
I can't believe i forgot to say: DO NOT drink. That's a very bad idea. More advice!: Think about all the possible scenarios that could happen and what will you do and how you will take care of YOURSELF if they happen. What if he cant get his brother's condoms? What if you are really not liking the way he's acting or what he's doing? Etc.
Since you guys have done NOTHING before, I would advise you to start small. If you've never done anything, this is a lot all at once. See each other naked and see how that goes. Then at another, completely different time, touch each other while you're kissing and see how that goes. I think you are missing a lot of important time and steps that you should take before you have sex. You really shouldn't think of it as something you want to "get over with". I haven't been to this site for a very long time but I remember it being really amazing and progressive and helpful--it literally taught me how to give a ha** job it seems to have toned itself down since then, but I still trust that it has a ton of great, honest info
First Time Having Sex | Gurl.com

oh yeah, and touch yourself a lot, that's a good idea too. gosh i feel like 80% helpful and 20% creepy saying all this right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships