Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 08:19 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
What's the difference between a truly reformed bad boy and a good guy?
This x100.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 08:20 PM

366 posts, read 411,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishe View Post
Agree 200%
I don't considered by hubby to be a bad boy, or a reformed bad boy.
Hubby have a perfectly clean Criminal records. No DUI, he does not even drink or smoke. Not even smoke a cigarette in his life. He have a full time job working 12-14 hours everyday. He have zero baby mama.
No bad boys will live the lifestyle like my husbamd. The only thing that people mistake him as a bad boy because he likes to dress like "thug"

To me, and I'm sure others would agree; a defintion of a bad boy is someone who have alot of Crimininal records, and get in trouble with the laws alot. And is a player, a hit and run, have alot of baby mama.
So unless my husband fit into any of those criteria, or else his dress code alone do not qualify him as a bad boy.
He's doing himself a disservice by dressing like that.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:21 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Depends on who's doing the reforming.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:26 PM

718 posts, read 615,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
He's doing himself a disservice by dressing like that.
lol what

As long as he maintains a level of respect and appropriateness at work, who gives a flying toot how he dresses to go to the grocery store?

Old 02-17-2015, 08:48 PM

468 posts, read 483,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
lol what
As long as he maintains a level of respect and appropriateness at work, who gives a flying toot how he dresses to go to the grocery store?
This 200% I agree. Asleyga, you have good heart. God bless you
At least you're not judgemental like some people. Don't even know someone, and already judge them immedately by the way they dress, smh

That's right. Just because my husband grow up in the hood, that does not automatic make him a thug/gangster. Not everyone born with a golden key in their mouth.

No DUI, No DOT violations, passed all DOT physical and dress test. No positive drugs or alcohol test, passed all criminal and background check. Heck, no drugs-addict or criminals can be a truck driver. So whenever someone say my husband do drugs, I just laugh it off, LOL!

Truck driving is a hard labor job too, both physically tired and mentally stressful. Whether drive local or interstate. Fill up food markets, fill up gas stations, all kinds of supplies delivery are all done by truck drivers. It a decent profession.

He doesn't dress like that when he at work though, truck drivers have their dress code too. He only wear baggy clothes when he at home, he feels comfortable in it. I asked why he dress the way he dress, he said because it comfortable and he likes the style.
Just like how back then, people love Rock and Roll. And they would dress and do hair style like those Rock stars, it just the style, lol

So this sentence is correct: "A bad boy has zero to do with their appearance, and everything to do with the way they live life."
It not how they dress, but how they choose to live their lifestyle and how they treats others people around them.

Last edited by ishe; 02-17-2015 at 09:01 PM..

Old 02-17-2015, 08:59 PM

366 posts, read 411,003 times
Quote:
This 200% I agree. Asleyga, you have good heart. God bless you
At least you're not judgemental like some people. Don't even know someone, and already judge them immedately by the way they dress, smh

That's right. Just because my husband grow up in the hood, that does not make him a thug/gangster. Not everyone born with a golden key in their mouth.
Alot of people say he do drugs, blah blah. No truck driver can do drugs. The truck company are not stupid, they give random drugs-test without even need to ask for your permission. So I laugh it off everytime people trying to say my husband do drugs, lol

Truck driving is a hard labor job, both physically tired and mentally stressful. Whether drive local or interstate. Fill up food markets, fill up gas stations, all kinds of supplies delivery are all done by truck drivers. It a decent profession.

He doesn't dress like that when he at work though, truck drivers have their dress code too. He only wear baggy clothes when he at home, he feels comfortable in it. I asked why he dress the way he dress, he said because it comfortable and he likes the style.
Just like how back then, people love Rock and Roll. And they would dress and do hair style like those Rock stars, it just the style, lol
It's not a judgement on your husband, he sounds great. I'm just saying people make assumptions about other people based on the clothing style. If he's dressing like a thug he will be treated like one until he gets the chance to show people his true self. He's doing himself a disservice because a lot of people will be turned off by the assumed lifestyle.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:25 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
They're edgy, yo.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:34 AM

468 posts, read 483,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
It's not a judgement on your husband, he sounds great. I'm just saying people make assumptions about other people based on the clothing style. If he's dressing like a thug he will be treated like one until he gets the chance to show people his true self. He's doing himself a disservice because a lot of people will be turned off by the assumed lifestyle.
I admit I like him working as a Truck driver. Eventhough it is a long hours job and he not spending as much time at home like how other people husband out there.
But being a Truck driver required No DUI, No DOT violations, passed all DOT physical and dress test. No positive drugs or alcohol test, passed all criminal and background check. So for sure, this job can keep my husband out of trouble. If this make any sense, lol

I know what you mean in your reply above. You do have your point and clearly too.

But I be frank with you. It is his 'thug' dressing style that got this pretty Chinese girl to became his wife at a simple Courthouse ceremony. Without an engagement ring, without wedding reception, without honeymoon.
IF he weren't the guy with the 'thug/gangster' clothing style, that I met when I moved into this neighborhood 4 years ago. Heck, I wouldn't even date him, let alone married him.

I'm a girl but I can be visual freak too. So it was the sexual attraction to his "thug" clothing that got me lose my mind. He blew me away with his clothing style and his independent/carefree, stubborn/persistent attitude.

IF one day my hubby start button-up, and wear suit and tie. Boy, I bet I will kick him off the bed because I know that ain't my husband. sheshh no kidding. I know I didn't married a suit and tie man, lol

Last edited by ishe; 02-18-2015 at 01:23 AM..

Old 02-18-2015, 02:08 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
I admit I like him working as a Truck driver. Eventhough it is a long hours job and he not spending as much time at home like how other people husband out there.
But being a Truck driver required No DUI, No DOT violations, passed all DOT physical and dress test. No positive drugs or alcohol test, passed all criminal and background check. So for sure, this job can keep my husband out of trouble. If this make any sense, lol

I know what you mean in your reply above. You do have your point and clearly too.

But I be frank with you. It is his 'thug' dressing style that got this pretty Chinese girl to became his wife at a simple Courthouse ceremony. Without an engagement ring, without wedding reception, without honeymoon.
IF he weren't the guy with the 'thug/gangster' clothing style, that I met when I moved into this neighborhood 4 years ago. Heck, I wouldn't even date him, let alone married him.

I'm a girl but I can be visual freak too. So it was the sexual attraction to his "thug" clothing that got me lose my mind. He blew me away with his clothing style and his independent/carefree, stubborn/persistent attitude.

IF one day my hubby start button-up, and wear suit and tie. Boy, I bet I will kick him off the bed because I know that ain't my husband. sheshh no kidding. I know I didn't married a suit and tie man, lol
I stop reading your drivel as soon as you state truck driver. I have known plenty of truck drivers who are dead beat dads, alcoholics, pill popping, crazy men, that have multiple women across 48 states. Stop saying because he is a truck driver he is a good guy. That is just not the case. He is a good guy because he is. It has nothing to do with his career choice. If anything, that particular career masks a lot of flaws in men.

FYI- My sons father is a truck driver, that manages a trucking company and an entire fleet of trucks. I could spout off examples to prove not all truck drivers are good, all week long.

Who cares what he wears. I personally would not glance at a man that spoke or dressed like a thug, but I have a thing for country boys. Give me a guy in boots and camo, driving a big ole truck...

Old 02-18-2015, 05:00 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
so, um

lets say you have a guy that from like 15-25 yrs old accumulated a rap sheet that reads

aggravated assault
robbery
attempted murder
domestic violence
dui/dwi
etc

and spent 5 years in the pen, had an epiphany and is now 35 yrs old and is *reformed* as you all say

he now has a regular 9-5 at like a big box store punching a clock making an honest living

would you lovely ladies give this guy a shot?

oh and lets assume he's "good looking"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships