Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:38 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,335,726 times

Advertisements

OP, you cannot make generalizations like this. All women are different. Get it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 01:55 PM

128 posts, read 203,255 times
The differences are blatant. I get way more eye contact from women when I'm well-dressed, often repeatedly from girls who are with their dork boyfriends. Women are also more excited to talk to me, even when my energy is low, which usually hurts my game. From the initial interaction to sex, there's a huge difference that isn't just coming from the confidence of looking good.

I've had great experiences looking like a dirty slob too, but it feels like throwing a half-court shot compared to the way girls have looked at me like a piece of meat when I'd dress like a Hollywood actor.

Women will be more likely to assume a well-dressed guy is cool and attractive to other women than the guy looking like a bum. It's probably much less common for an attractive, well-dressed women to throw herself at a guy who looks sloppy. Even when women aren't around, it just feels better to dress well. It's depressing being around trashy-looking people.

People are never ugly, they're just lazy.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:08 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,360 times
I had to wear a suit yesterday and the difference in attention was clear.

It helps because I feel extremely comfortable wearing a nice suit and tie. I was asked on more than one occasion what I do because I came off as comfortable. I think because of my choice of attire, my confidence level increased a great deal. Since women can smell that like a 6th sense, it gave me more attention.

So, feeling confident in how you're dressed goes hand in hand with more attention.

It really sucks because I saw a beautiful girl at the bar last night but she was there for work stuff with her homely boyfriend. She kept glancing at me and she was one of the most beautiful girls I've seen. I was very disappointed.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:12 PM

718 posts, read 599,658 times
The clothes do not need to be expensive, they need to fit the mans body well and match/co-ordinate well.

It's not rocket science and I am sure men feel the same about a woman's attire.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:21 PM

14,319 posts, read 11,714,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
OP, you cannot make generalizations like this. All women are different. Get it?
Absolutely true.

Speaking for myself as a woman, I'm not at all attracted by designer clothes or suits. That's because unlike many women, I'm just not an indoor person or city person or at all interested in fashion. I AM attracted by nice casual clothes or outdoor wear as that makes me think the wearer has interests somewhat like mine.

So what you should do is wear what YOU like and reflects your own style (presuming it is neat and clean) and you are more likely to attract those who share similar values / interests.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:47 PM

535 posts, read 515,895 times
The price of clothes does not directly matter to me. I do like a guy who has good personal style, but my idea of "good" may not match others'. Some elements of style specifically attract me, but it's definitely not a "make or break" issue. As long as you aren't super "preppy" and/or high maintenance and you have good hygiene, how a guy dresses doesn't really bother me.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:55 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,193,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I couldn't care less about brands. Just look presentable. Jeans and a decent shirt work just fine with me.
Agreed with this. I don't care about name-brand. Hell, even with my own clothes I could find cute nice-looking stuff at Wal-Mart. I can, and have bough clothes from there.

The only thing, clothing-wise that would turn me off

bagging pants, hanging off butt. Tons of jewelry, gold teeth. Any kind of thuggish look. Or sloppy. Wearing clothes with food stains, and/or looking like a bum.

Otherwise, a nice clean pair of pants. And a nice shirt is fine. Long as he looks clean and as Dew said, presentable. In terms of a 1st impression.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:21 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,167,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jouster12 View Post
The clothes do not need to be expensive, they need to fit the mans body well and match/co-ordinate well.

It's not rocket science and I am sure men feel the same about a woman's attire.
Yes.

You can be "put together" without it being expensive. I like a man who takes pride in his appearance to a degree, but it doesn't need to be extreme or flashy.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:29 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,183,403 times
Lol in my younger days clothes didn't matter so much...
They still don't for the most part--
But I will say I have a new found appreciation for men who know how to dress well.
Something about a man, who cleans up nicely & smells good enough to devour....
I've met quite a few like that in recent months--
Dressed like this & damn near irresistible

Old 02-18-2015, 04:38 PM

378 posts, read 441,749 times
Default Re: "She kept glancing at me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I had to wear a suit yesterday and the difference in attention was clear.

It helps because I feel extremely comfortable wearing a nice suit and tie. I was asked on more than one occasion what I do because I came off as comfortable. I think because of my choice of attire, my confidence level increased a great deal. Since women can smell that like a 6th sense, it gave me more attention.

So, feeling confident in how you're dressed goes hand in hand with more attention.

It really sucks because I saw a beautiful girl at the bar last night but she was there for work stuff with her homely boyfriend. She kept glancing at me and she was one of the most beautiful girls I've seen. I was very disappointed.
Because you had spinach leaf stuck in your teeth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships