Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 05:20 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times

Advertisements

I find beach bum type (cargo shorts, plain white or graphic tee, sandals) more attractive than a man in a suit or expensive outfit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 06:04 PM

535 posts, read 515,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I find beach bum type (cargo shorts, plain white or graphic tee, sandals) more attractive than a man in a suit or expensive outfit.
I think guys look SO good in plain white tees.

I usually like unusual style (does that make sense? :P) but that's one simple thing I actually really like. No tall tees though please

Old 02-18-2015, 06:19 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
OP, you cannot make generalizations like this. All women are different. Get it?

He didn't make a generalization. He asked the individual women here a question.

A generalization would have been "Why do all women care about expensive clothes?"..Get it?

Old 02-18-2015, 06:21 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Expensive brands would turn me off, chances are I wouldn't even notice the brand.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-18-2015, 06:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I'll be honest if he knows how to dress nice that's hawt.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:32 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Yup. One thing that initially attracted me to my husband was that plain white t-shirt, just a tad bit snug Of course, I had to something about the black jeans and black oxfords (dude even wore them to the beach!) aaannnd the Kermit the Frog bed sheets, but once he gave the shorts and sandals a try, he had this look on his face that said "Where have you been all my life?". To this day I"m not sure if he meant me or the shorts and sandals...

Lesson for the gentlemen: If we don't like what you're wearing, you'll know it when we prune your wardrobe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
I think guys look SO good in plain white tees.

I usually like unusual style (does that make sense? :P) but that's one simple thing I actually really like. No tall tees though please

Old 02-18-2015, 08:06 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
I can comment on this as I have been buying some new clothes over the past few weeks with gift cards and holiday money. Mainly Ralph Lauren and Façonnable shirts with some Calvin Klein and Banana Republic chinos thrown in. Pants dont matter as much to me but I prefer the higher-end shirts as they are cut better and generally look better on my skinny-fat 175 lb frame. I also wear/keep my clothes for a looong time and the better quality clothes just last longer IMO.

I'm not really dressing much different than I normally do but people have been noticing my new threads. Just yesterday I had to interview some job candidates so I wore a nice, crisp white Polo oxford with navy chinos and a nice pair of shoes. I received several compliments from ladies at my office and one young lady told me I looked like "the man" in addition to telling me how nice I looked like 3x. At 47, I'm not accustomed to attention from 22 year olds but I take what I can get these days. Aside from that, I must have looked good because my wife told me as much on the way out the door and after 20 years of marriage, that doesn't happen everyday lol.

For as much positive attention I received from the ladies though, the men in my office are giving me the business. "Got a date?" "Who are you trying to impress?" But it's fine, I take it in stride as busting shoes is just part of being a man I suppose. I can give as good as I get.

On the weekends, it's back to my Converse and ripped jeans.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
I can comment on this as I have been buying some new clothes over the past few weeks with gift cards and holiday money. Mainly Ralph Lauren and Façonnable shirts with some Calvin Klein and Banana Republic chinos thrown in. Pants dont matter as much to me but I prefer the higher-end shirts as they are cut better and generally look better on my skinny-fat 175 lb frame. I also wear/keep my clothes for a looong time and the better quality clothes just last longer IMO.

I'm not really dressing much different than I normally do but people have been noticing my new threads. Just yesterday I had to interview some job candidates so I wore a nice, crisp white Polo oxford with navy chinos and a nice pair of shoes. I received several compliments from ladies at my office and one young lady told me I looked like "the man" in addition to telling me how nice I looked like 3x. At 47, I'm not accustomed to attention from 22 year olds but I take what I can get these days. Aside from that, I must have looked good because my wife told me as much on the way out the door and after 20 years of marriage, that doesn't happen everyday lol.

For as much positive attention I received from the ladies though, the men in my office are giving me the business. "Got a date?" "Who are you trying to impress?" But it's fine, I take it in stride as busting shoes is just part of being a man I suppose. I can give as good as I get.
I think nice clothes look nice - but I couldn't tell Hermes from Banana Republic so any high end name brands are going to be lost on me. I do my shopping at places like White House Black Market and The Loft. I don't even know the names of most name brands!

Old 02-18-2015, 08:11 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,588 times
It's all about the shoes post college.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:18 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I think nice clothes look nice - but I couldn't tell Hermes from Banana Republic so any high end name brands are going to be lost on me. I do my shopping at places like White House Black Market and The Loft. I don't even know the names of most name brands!
It's cool, I do it for me at this point. Like someone said up thread, dressing well gives a man confidence and confidence in the workplace is a good thing. Any extra attention is just a by-product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships